Dr. Somenath Ganguly..
Assistant Professor-Senior Scale
B.Sc (Hons) (Geology), University of Calcutta
M.Sc (Geology), (University of Calcutta)
MS Hydrologic Sciences (Boise State University, USA)
PhD (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India)
Area of Specialization:
Exploration Geology, Hydrogeology, Aqueous Chemistry, Isotope Geochemistry, Coal Bed Methane, Well logging.
Research & Publications:
- Ganguly, S., Rai, S. K., Mittal, S., Bhan, U., Ahluwalia, R. S., (2019) “Estimation of groundwater temperature from 18O fractionation-a deterministic analytical model”. Groundwater for Sustainable Development. (Volume 9). 1000234. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gsd.2019.100234
- Ganguly, S., Bhan, U., Rai, S. K., Mittal, S., Ahluwalia, R. S., Verma, A., (2019) “An experimental approach to estimate groundwater temperature from 18O fractionation”. Groundwater for Sustainable Development. (Volume 9). 100257. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gsd.2019.100257
- Ganguly S, Tiwari S, Bhan U, Mittal S, Rai S, et al. (2015) “Melting of Sea Ice Inexplicable for Recent Global Eustatic Sea Level Rise”. J Earth Science & Climate Change Vol 6: 245. doi:10.4172/2157-7617.1000245.
- M. L. Polizzotto, B. D. Kocar, S. G. Benner, M. Sampson & S. Fendorf. (2008) “Near-surface wetland sediments as a source of arsenic release to ground water in Asia”. Nature. Vol 454|24 July 2008| doi: 10.1038/nature07093. [My contribution was establishing the numerical model for them. S. Ganguly mentioned in acknowledgement].
- S. Benner, M. Polizzotto, B.Kocar, S. Ganguly, K. Phan, K. Ouch, M. Sampson, S. Fendorf. (2008) “Groundwater flow in an arsenic contaminated aquifer, Mekong Delta, Cambodia”. Applied Geochemistry. doi:10.1016/j.apgeochem.2008.06.013.
- Ganguly, S., Bhan, U., Santosh K Rai, S.K., Dhote ,P., (2020) “Response of ocean water chemistry on impact of increasing atmospheric Carbon di Oxide, International Vertual Conference on Earth’s Changing Climate: Past, Present & Future. Organized by The Society of Earth Scientists, BSIP.
- Ganguly, S., Bhan, U., Rai, S. K., Mittal, S., (March 2019)”Groundwater temperature and its 18O isotopic response” Indo French workshop on Water Treatment and Management, UPES, IFWN_59.
- Ganguly, S., M. Polizzotto, M. Sampson S. Fendorf and S. Benner (Fall 2006) “Ground Water Modeling Of Arsenic Contaminated Sandy Aquifer With Response To Transient River Levels, Mekong Delta, Cambodia”. Eos Trans. American Geophysical Union. 87(52). H41B-0394.
School: School of Engineering
Department: Petroleum Engineering and Earth Sciences