Duration of Program 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats 40 only
- UPES ranked among Top 15 MBA Institutions in North India and No. 1 Private Institute in Uttarakhand by Outlook-ICARE India MBA Rankings 2020
- MBA in Power Management focuses on the principles of energy resources, electricity industry structure and regulations, conversions and power plant systems
- It aims to develop an understanding of concepts that are concerned with the management of power transmission and distribution
- Today, along with government companies, large numbers of private players have taken over a significant portion of the Indian power sector particularly in generation and distribution sides and the sector is all set to see a large number of private players in the years to come
- UPES ranks 56th in NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) of MHRD in the Management Category.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
Program Electives I
Program Electives II
- Project/Operations Manager
- Commodity Trader
- Business Analyst
- EPC Manager
- Research Analyst
- Customer Support Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Technical Consultants
97%*Placements in 2019
*Disclaimer – Placements statistics refer to the number of students who have opted for and are eligible for placements
- Minimum 50% marks in Classes X, XII and Graduation.
- Graduation From a recognized University in any stream
Admissions through UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET)
Online Exam/National Level Exams followed by Personal Interview
Schedule for UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET):
|Name of Program||Mode of Test||Date of Test||Duration||Last Date to Apply|
|MBA (All Streams)||Online||26-28 Feb 2021||2 hr||22 Feb 2021|
UPES reserves the right to conduct further online/paper pencil mode exams for admission to various MBA programs in addition to the date already announced.
Admissions through National Level Tests
Students having minimum MAT /CMAT 2021 score of 70 Percentile will be exempted from UPES Management Entrance Test and will only be called for Group Discussion and Interview if qualified. Valid 50 percentile and above score of CAT 2020/ XAT 2021 A score of minimum 400 or above for GMAT, a score of 120 and above in NMAT 2020 / 21 scores will also be accepted.
**Upto 30% seats shall be filled through National Level Tests category (CAT/MAT/XAT/NMAT). In case candidates for such seats are not available, UPES has the right to fill these seats through MBA (UPESMET).