Dr. Akarsh Verma
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Papers published in journals: 25
- Akarsh Verma, Rajesh Kumar and Avinash Parashar. (2019) “Enhanced thermal transport across bi-crystalline graphene-polymer interface: An atomistic approach”, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 21 (11), pp.6229-6237. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/C9CP00362B (Link)
- Akarsh Verma, Avinash Parashar and M. Packirisamy. (2019) “Effect of Grain Boundaries on the interfacial behaviour of Graphene-Polyethylene Nanocomposite”, Applied Surface Science, 470, pp.1085-1092. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2018.11.218 (Link)
- Ankur Chaurasia, Akarsh Verma, Avinash Parashar and Rahul Mulik. (2019) “Experimental and Computational Study to Analyse the Effect of h-BN Nanosheets on Mechanical Behaviour of h-BN/Polyethylene Nanocomposite”, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 123 (32), pp.20059-20070. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jpcc.9b05965 (Link)
- Vibhor Singla*, Akarsh Verma* and Avinash Parashar. (2018) “A molecular dynamics based study to estimate the point defects formation energies in graphene containing STW defects”, Materials Research Express, 6 (1), 015606, pp.1-10. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/aae637 (Link) (*both the authors contributed equally)
- Akarsh Verma and Avinash Parashar. (2018) “Structural and chemical insights into thermal transport for strained functionalised graphene: a molecular dynamics study”, Materials Research Express, 5 (11), 115605, pp.1-11. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/aade36 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma and Avinash Parashar. (2018) “Reactive force field based atomistic simulations to study fracture toughness of bicrystalline graphene functionalised with oxide groups”, Diamond and Related Materials, 88, pp.193-203. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diamond.2018.07.014 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma, Avinash Parashar and M. Packirisamy. (2018) “Tailoring the failure morphology of 2D bi-crystalline graphene oxide”, Journal of Applied Physics, 124 (1), 015102, pp.1-12. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5033542 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma, Avinash Parashar and M. Packirisamy. (2018) “Role of Chemical Adatoms in Fracture Mechanics of Graphene Nanolayer”, Materials Today: Proceedings, 11 (3), pp.920-924. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2018.12.019 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma and Avinash Parashar. (2018) “Molecular dynamics based simulations to study the fracture strength of monolayer graphene oxide”, Nanotechnology, 29 (11), 115706, pp.1-14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-6528/aaa8bb (Link)
- Akarsh Verma and Avinash Parashar. (2018) “Molecular dynamics based simulations to study failure morphology of hydroxyl and epoxide functionalised graphene”, Computational Materials Science, 143, pp.15-26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.commatsci.2017.10.048 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma, Avinash Parashar and M. Packirisamy. (2017) “Atomistic modelling of graphene/h-BN polymer nanocomposites: A review”, Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Computational Molecular Science, 8 (3), e1346, pp.1-50. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/wcms.1346 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma and Avinash Parashar. (2017) “The effect of STW defects on the mechanical properties and fracture toughness of pristine and hydrogenated graphene”, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 19 (24), pp.16023-16037. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/C7CP02366A (Link) (Highly cited research article – Certified by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC))
- Akarsh Verma, Kriti Baurai, Sanjay MR and Suchart Siengchin. (2020) “Mechanical, microstructural, and thermal characterization insights of pyrolyzed carbon black from waste tires reinforced epoxy nanocomposites for coating application”, Polymer Composites, 41 (1), pp.338-349. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pc.25373 (Link)
- Kurki N. Bharath, Puttegowda Madhu, Thyavihalli G. Y. Gowda, Akarsh Verma, Sanjay MR and Suchart Siengchin. (2020) “A novel approach for development of printed circuit board from biofiber based composites”, Polymer Composites, 42 (1), pp.338-349. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pc.25732 (Link)
- Komal Singh, Naman Jain, Akarsh Verma*, VK Singh and Sakshi Chauhan. (2020) “Functionalized Graphite–Reinforced Cross-Linked Poly(vinyl Alcohol) Nanocomposites for Vibration Isolator Application: Morphology, Mechanical, and Thermal Assessment”, Materials Performance and Characterization, 9 (1), pp.215-230. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1520/MPC20190254 (Link) (*Corresponding author)
- Shweta Rastogi, Akarsh Verma* and VK Singh. (2020) “Experimental Response of Nonwoven Waste Cellulose Fabric-Reinforced Epoxy Composites for High Toughness and Coating Applications”, Materials Performance and Characterization, 9 (1), pp.151-172. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1520/MPC20190251 (Link) (*Corresponding author)
- Akarsh Verma, Laxmi Budiyal, Sanjay MR and Suchart Siengchin. (2019) “Processing and characterization analysis of pyrolyzed oil rubber (from waste tires)‐epoxy polymer blend composite for lightweight structures and coatings applications”, Polymer Engineering and Science, 59 (10), pp.2041-2051. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.25204 (Link)
- Naman Jain*, Akarsh Verma* and VK Singh. (2019) “Dynamic Mechanical Analysis and Creep-recovery behaviour of Polyvinyl Alcohol based cross-linked Biocomposite reinforced with Basalt fiber”, Materials Research Express, 6 (10), 105373, pp.1-14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/ab4332 (Link) (*both the authors contributed equally and Akarsh Verma was the corresponding author of this article)
- Akarsh Verma and VK Singh. (2019) “Mechanical, Microstructural and Thermal Characterization of Epoxy-Based Human Hair-Reinforced Composites”, Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 47 (2), pp.1193-1215. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1520/JTE20170063 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma, Chhavi, VK Singh and Naman Jain. (2019) “Fabrication and Characterization of Chitosan coated Sisal Fiber - Phytagel modified Soy Protein based Green Composite”, Journal of Composite Materials, 53 (18), pp.2481-2504. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0021998319831748 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma, Pratibha Negi and VK Singh. (2019) “Experimental Analysis on Carbon Residuum Transformed Epoxy Resin: Chicken Feather Fiber Hybrid Composite”, Polymer Composites, 40 (7), pp.2690-2699. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pc.25067 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma, Pratibha Negi and VK Singh. (2018) “Physical and Thermal Characterization of Chicken Feather Fiber and Crumb Rubber Reformed Epoxy Resin Hybrid Composite”, Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, 7 (1), pp.538-557. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1520/ACEM20180027 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma, Pratibha Negi and VK Singh. (2018) “Experimental investigation of chicken feather fiber and crumb rubber reformed epoxy resin hybrid composite: Mechanical and Microstructural characterization”, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Materials, 27 (3-4), 20180014, pp.1-24. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/jmbm-2018-0014 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma, Kamal Joshi, Amit Gaur and VK Singh. (2018) “Starch-Jute fiber hybrid biocomposite modified with Epoxy resin coating: Fabrication and Experimental Characterization”, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Materials, 27 (5-6), 20182006, pp.1-16. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/jmbm-2018-2006 (Link)
- Akarsh Verma, Amit Gaur and VK Singh. (2017) “Mechanical Properties and Microstructure of Starch and Sisal Fiber Bio-composite Modified with Epoxy Resin”, Materials Performance and Characterization, 6 (1), pp.500-520. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1520/MPC20170069 (Link)
Papers presented in conferences: 15
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing):
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee, Uttarakhand (2020)
- M.Tech. in Design and Production Engineering from College of Technology, Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand (2016)
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from Govind Ballabh Pant Engineering College, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand (2013)
Honours and Achievements:
- Awardee of the prestigious J. William Fulbright Research Scholarship (Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowship) given by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State and United States India Educational Foundation (USIEF) to conduct research at The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania - 16801, USA (2019-2020). (Link)
- Selected as an Affiliate Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), UK (2020).
- Received the ‘Young Scientist Award’ in ‘11th International Scientist Awards 2020 on Engineering, Science, and Medicine’ at Kolkata, India organized by VDGOOD Professional Association (2020).
- Selected for the Pre-academic cultural exchange and language proficiency program at Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - 19104, USA organized by the Institute of International Education (IIE) (2019).
- Recipient of Visiting Research Scholarship given by Thailand Government Research Fund to conduct research at The Sirindhorn International Thai – German Graduate School of Engineering (TGGS), King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok, Bangkok - 10800, Thailand (2019).
- Certified as the top 10% of ‘Highly cited authors’ in the Physical portfolio of The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) journals (2019).
- Qualified Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - 2018 examination.
- Secured an overall departmental rank 1st in Ph.D. degree program (CGPA: 10/10 (Highest possible)).
- Recipient of Doctoral Research Scholarship by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India during the Ph.D. degree program.
- Secured an overall departmental rank 1st in M.Tech. degree program (Throughout Distinction) and the master’s thesis was shortlisted for the ‘Best Thesis Award’.
- Received the ‘Appreciation Award’ at International Conference on Advances in Science, Engineering & Technology (ICASET), organized by International Journal of Advance Research and Innovation and MANU–International Council for Man and Nature at Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, India, January 29-30, 2016.
- Received the ‘Best Paper Award’ at All India Seminar on Advances in Engineering and Technology for Sustainable Development (AETSD), organized by The Institution of Engineers, Pantnagar Local Centre, India, June 12-13, 2015.
- Recipient of PG Scholarship dispersed by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), India in M.Tech. degree program.
- Qualified Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post-Graduates (OCES) and DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme (DGFS) examination organized by the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) (2014).
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) - 2013, 2014, 2016 examinations with +90 percentile marks.
- Secured an overall departmental rank 2nd in B.Tech. degree program (With Honours).
- Recipient of ‘Meritorious Scholarship’ in B.Tech. degree program (throughout the four years) given by the Government of Uttarakhand, India (2009-2013).
- Was in the Extended Merit List (EML) of IIT-Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) (2009).
Akarsh Verma and VK Singh. (2017) ‘Characterization of Epoxy Based Human Hair Reinforced Composites’, LAMBERT Academic Publishing (LAP), Germany. ISBN: 978-3-330-35185-1 and 3330351853 (Link)