Zozimus Dinesh Labana
Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)
Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical Engineering, The Aeronautical Society of India, New Delhi, 2009
Master of Science (MSc) in Aerospace Engineering,The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK, 2011
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), UPES, Pursuing
Area of Specialization:
Computational and Experimental Aerodynamics, Turbulence Modelling, Wind Turbines
- M. J. Mulla Jaasim, Jaiswal Rahul, Mondal Rajat, Singh Ravindra, Tapan Mehta, Zozimus D. Labana, “Comparative Study of the Modified Potential Field Algorithm for Obstacle Avoidance”, International Conference on Futuristic Advancements in Materials, Manufacturing and Thermal Sciences (ICFAMMT 2022) (Best Track Award)
- Singh, R.P., Kumar, P., Sangha, G.S., Labana, Z.D., “Numerical Analysis of an Optimized Wind Turbine Blade”, AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition, AIAA SciTech Forum 2022, AIAA 2022-0217
- Kishan Singh, Zozimus D Labana “Comparative Study of Barrier Coatings on Turbine Blade Cooling” (Paper ID AS/162/07), Gas Turbine India Conference, 2021
- Shivam Chugh, Zozimus D Labana “Numerical Analysis for the Ditching of Commercial Aircraft on the Water Surface” (Paper ID AS/162/07), 34th Indian Engineering Congress, The Institution of Engineers, 2019
- Ayush S Kumar, Zozimus D Labana, ‘Numerical analysis of rotor-stator interactions of an inward flow variable geometry radial turbine.” 5th International Conference on Computational Methods in Engineering and Health Sciences (ICCMEH-2019), 19-20 December 2019
- Bhavesh N Bhatt, Zozimus D Labana, “Numerical Analysis of Internal Cooled Turbine Blade using Conjugate Heat Transfer.” 5th International Conference on Computational Methods in Engineering and Health Sciences (ICCMEH-2019), 19-20 December 2019
- Ashutosh Ramola, Arpit Parashar, Zozimus D Labana, Vindhya Devalla, “Automated Nano sized flapping wing surveillance vehicle (Nano-Fly)”, National Convention: Research & Innovation In Science And Engineering (NC-RISE), UPES, 2018
- K. M. Nair, S. Sarkar and Z. D. Labana, "Self-sustained oscillation for a three dimensional transonic cavity using LES", 5th International and 41st National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, IIT Kanpur, 12th-14th December 2014 (Awarded the Best Paper in the Conference).
- Search and Rescue Operations by Mobile Robots in Disaster prone areas by using Swarm Intelligence Techniques
SODH Grant, UPES: Rs. 1,30,000/-
Design and development of an autonomous robot system using swarm techniques to perform search and rescue operations (SAR) in disaster affected areas to limit the casualties. A multi terrain mobile robot was designed for ground level detection and rescuing, and an Aerial robot (UAV) for aerial detection and localization of the victim’s position. A swarm technique is used to control and share information between the mobile robot and aerial robot using microcontroller programming using Arduino and raspberry pi. Algorithm includes the programming of the bot for navigation using GPS, obstacle avoidance localization of the victim using thermal imaging and pyroelectric sensors.
- Automated Nano sized flapping wing surveillance vehicle (Nano-Fly)
RISE Grant, UPES: Rs. 40,000/-
The aim of the research was to produces a flapping wing mechanism vehicle inspired by nature of a constrained size as a non-conventional approach in aviation field. Vehicle increases its usability as of its nano-size, high speed and a nature inspired body shape. Advancement in the understanding of insect flight and flapping wing aerodynamics have prompted the efforts in developing insect scale flight vehicles.
- Technology Development and Aerodynamic Analysis of Foil Air Thrust Bearing for
High Speed Air Cycle Machine
Software: FORTRAN, Tecplot, ANSYS 14
Description: Selecting a workable configuration of Bearing through literature survey and complete analyses for given space constraints in the air cycle machine
Formulating a mathematical model to carry out coupled aero-thermodynamic and foil-deflection analysis to assess the performance of the Bearing both at ground level and higher altitudes flight conditions
- Interaction of Wake and Film-Cooling near a Leading Edge by LES
Software: FORTRAN, Tecplot
Description: The unsteady flow physics are studied using Large Eddy Simulation (LES) with dynamic sub-grid scale modeling.
The setup was a simplified representation of rotor-stator interaction in a film cooled gas turbine.
- Air Flow and Thermal Analysis of Shelter/Container
Software: ICEM CFD, FLUENT
Description: To study the hydro dynamic and thermal behavior of the shelter assembly using CFD, identifying the hot spots in the overall assembly and monitoring temperature at some specific probe points.
Music, Technology & Sports