DEPARTMENT OF AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
About the department
Department of Aerospace Engineering offers unique variants of Aerospace Engineering at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The department has continually enriched itself with undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various domains ever since starting B. Tech Aerospace Engineering in year 2006. Department has faculty member with expertise in respective disciplines to enrich fundamentals of the learners. Laboratory facilities are equally enriched to cater respective disciplines for imparting practical exposure. The Classroom audio-video aids, Industrial tours, training, guest lecture and events provide real-life learning environment for the learners. The department has marked its footprints at national as well as international level by winning many laurels.
The department provides
- Choice Based Credit System and Program Electives
- State of the Art Laboratories
- Value Added Courses
- National and International Events
- Student Chapters (Infinity space club, Aero club )
- Research and Practice Informed Learning
- Placement Assistance
- The department encourages interdisciplinary collaboration and professional ethics
To develop globally competent aerospace and allied engineering professionals of integrity contributing to nation building
- To generate competent professionals in the field of Aerospace, avionics and allied Engineering.
- To develop state of the art infrastructure and research facilities.
- To foster linkages with stakeholders to enable learning outcomes.
- To promote ethical behavior and culture among faculty and students to pledge environment and social commitment.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Dr. Om Prakash
Flight Mechanics, Modeling and Simulation, Parachute/Parafoil SystemKnow More
Dr. Sudhir Chaturvedi
Aeronautical Engineering, Avionics, Remote Sensing, RADAR applications in Defence TechnologiesKnow More
Zozimus Dinesh Labana
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade
Aerodynamics, CFD, TurbulenceKnow More
PhD (Aerospace Engineering)Details
Department of Aerospace engineering has state of art research laboratory like Low speed wind tunnel facility and High Performance Computational lab facility with professional software.
- Low speed wind Tunnel
- TEST SECTION SIZE: 600mm X 600mm X 2000mm with top opening and windows on either side of the test section.
- Maximum Speed: 60 m/s
- Contraction ratio: 9-10
- Honey comb L/D: 7-9
- Maximum Length: 14 meters
- AC Motor with complete control system
- 6 Component Strain Gauge Balance Instrument with NI data acquisition system and Lab View Software
Floor balance, fixed to the floor of the wind tunnel.
- Mechanical system for transfer of loads to strain gauge cantilever load elements and electronic control system for measurement and electronic display.
- Suitable for the wind tunnel test section, with a maximum wind speed of 50 to 60 m/s
- 6 Strain gauge elements for measuring lift, drag, pitching moment, side force, yawing moment and rolling moment.
- Provision for pitching the model from -10° to +25°.
- Inclined Multi tube Manometer
- 32 Ports with transparent glass tubes of internal appropriate diameters for accurate results
- Tube connectors for connecting to pressure ports
- Reading accuracy better than 1mm
- Indicator for angle of inclination, accuracy 1°.
- Reservoir to store the manometer fluid with complete freedom for rectification in the fluid.
- Aerofil With Pressure Tappings
- Symmetrical and Cambered Aerofoil, Cylinder, Car and Aircraft model
- Flow Visualization by smoke
- Smoke generator with smoke rake
- Laser Beam Apparatus
- 200 mW green laser
- Optics for sheet generation using cylindrical lens
- Assembly can be rotated as to generate the laser sheet vertical or horizontal or at some other angle
- Ac mains(240V-AC) operated power supply
- Provision for controlling the illumination
High Performance Computational Lab with professional software
- ANSYS Workbench
- COMSOL Multiphysics
- Programing Tools
- R-29 Turbojet Engine
- Combustion laboratory setup
- Diffuser test rig setup
- Case cade wind tunnel
- Axial flow fan
- 4 stroke Internal combustion demonstration engine
- Compressor stator blade for demonstration
- Turbine stator blade for demonstration
- Pin joint test setup
- Vibration test setup
- Buckling of column apparatus
- Two hinge arc apparatus
- Deflection of beam setup
- Tensile tester
- Satellite communication system
- Radar test setup
- Multiplexer and Demultiplexer
- Hot wire cutter
- Belt & Disc sander
- Bench Jigsaw
- Hydraulic Landing gear and flap deflector setup
- Aircraft Refrigerator setup
- Altimeter & Speed indicator