Duration of Program 3 Years ( 6 semesters)
- The B.Sc. (Hons.) offered at UPES is a three year undergraduate degree program.
- This program is offered in three streams of physical sciences: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The program provides a range of contemporary science based pathways matched to the needs of the higher education, industry, society and to the aspirations of the students.
The foundation of higher learning at UPES since its inception has been to explore and promote areas of learning that are innovative and future focused. This has led to constant evolution in facilitating creative and collaborative learning engagements for students through realignment of curriculum and exploration of virtual tools, and open-source courseware; thereby creating borderless learning and access to limitless information.
The new curriculum framework at UPES, ABLE (Academic Blueprint for Learning Excellence) is holistic in its overall structure and yet focuses on the individual need of the student to discover, experience, explore and challenge. The learning is segmented into core subject studies, core specialism studies, minors/exploratory subjects, and signature and life skills learning. The latter three are offered by the newly-instituted School for Life.
SFL (School for Life) is an intrinsic part of the composite UPES student experience and facilitates learning and education that is a balance between what students want, and what is needed of them as future global citizens and leaders of tomorrow. With courses designed to equip students with lifelong learning skills, a focus on a wide range of contemporary issues, and a mandatory social and professional internship experience that is unique, UPES believes in igniting to inspire the best version within an individual to better the world.
- Acoustic consultant.
- Geophysicist/field seismologist.
- Higher education lecturer.
- Radiation protection practitioner.