Duration of Program 4 years (8 Semesters)
*Total Seats in B.Tech. (Automotive Design Engineering)
E-mobility involves the use of fully electric, conventional hybrid, plug-in hybrid as well as hydrogen-fueled vehicles. E-mobility covers many more products such as drones and unmanned aerial vehicles, electric bikes (often called e-bikes), electric helicopters, electric hover boards etc. E-mobility also contributes to balancing the energy demand, energy storage and environmental sustainability in near future.
"To be a forerunner in engineering education by delivering excellent engineering graduates fortified with sound knowledge and integrity, by performing cutting-edge research and by innovating new technologies to benefit the nation and the world at large”
- To develop industry focused engineers with expertise in the areas of oil and gas, energy, infrastructure, transportation, electronics, automotive design and aviation.
- To sustain a strong focus on delivering excellent engineering and science education by providing an exposure to the concurrent research and industry trends and by employing innovative pedagogy tools/ techniques.
- To promote research, technology incubation and entrepreneurship to address the most pressing needs of our society and nation.
- To maintain a professional and ethical environment conducive to the intellectual growth of faculty and students, fostering communication, dialogue and sharing of ideas.
- To strengthen our linkages with academic institutes worldwide
The foundation of higher learning at UPES since its inception has been to explore and promote areas of learning that are innovative and future focused. This has led to constant evolution in facilitating creative and collaborative learning engagements for students through realignment of curriculum and exploration of virtual tools, and open-source courseware; thereby creating borderless learning and access to limitless information.
The new curriculum framework at UPES, ABLE (Academic Blueprint for Learning Excellence) is holistic in its overall structure and yet focuses on the individual need of the student to discover, experience, explore and challenge. The learning is segmented into core subject studies, core specialism studies, minors/exploratory subjects, and signature and life skills learning. The latter three are offered by the newly-instituted School for Life.
SFL (School for Life) is an intrinsic part of the composite UPES student experience and facilitates learning and education that is a balance between what students want, and what is needed of them as future global citizens and leaders of tomorrow. With courses designed to equip students with lifelong learning skills, a focus on a wide range of contemporary issues, and a mandatory social and professional internship experience that is unique, UPES believes in igniting to inspire the best version within an individual to better the world.
- Different companies related to automotive sector
- Concern areas such as Manufacturing/Energy/Transportation/Defence/Environment
- Various PSU’s
- Higher education such as MS/M.Tech/PhD
and Mathematics) in Class XII
|Name of Test||Mode of Test||Date of Test||Test Timings||Last Date to Apply|
|UPES-EAT||Online||15-20 June 2021||As per opted Slot||10 June 2021|
JEE Main, SAT & Board Merit
(1) Minimum 50% marks at Higher& Senior Secondary level (10th&12th) and minimum 50% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) at Senior Secondary level (12th class).
(2) JEE Main cut-off Rank to be announced (on UPES website) after the declaration of JEE Main 2021 results)
(3) SAT Cut off of 50 percentiles and above
(4). Minimum 80% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary Level and Minimum 80% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Math’s) at Senior Secondary Level
Through Merit Rank / Cut-off Score
# Upto 20% seats shall be filled through Non-Exam category (10% through JEE Mains and 10% through Board Merit). In case of seats following vacant in this category; UPES has the right to fill these through UPES Examination. University also reserves the right to conduct further CBT / Pen Paper / Online test for admission