Duration of Program 5 years (10 Semesters)
*Total Seats in Integrated (B.Tech.)-(MBA) Food Technology
The Integrated B.Tech Food Technology-M.B.A program helps students save one year, as it is a 5-year program in which students get both B.Tech Food Technology Degree as well as M.BA degree and it is as per UGC Norms. In this integrated program, the management of food processing, storage, transportation, distribution, marketing, sale, profit and loss calculations are imparted.
In this specialization, students are taught the Design of food process plant, Food plant location, Food plant layout, resource requirements and management, Waste management, Food Plant equipment and more. Food Industry Trainings are also carried out. The student also gains knowledge about various techniques and procedures involved in food packaging. This specialization helps a student to understand the importance of processing of various kinds of food products. This course covers both practical and theoretical aspects of the food industry.
The foundation of higher learning at UPES since its inception has been to explore and promote areas of learning that are innovative and future focused. This has led to constant evolution in facilitating creative and collaborative learning engagements for students through realignment of curriculum and exploration of virtual tools, and open-source courseware; thereby creating borderless learning and access to limitless information.
The new curriculum framework at UPES, ABLE (Academic Blueprint for Learning Excellence) is holistic in its overall structure and yet focuses on the individual need of the student to discover, experience, explore and challenge. The learning is segmented into core subject studies, core specialism studies, minors/exploratory subjects, and signature and life skills learning. The latter three are offered by the newly-instituted School for Life.
SFL (School for Life) is an intrinsic part of the composite UPES student experience and facilitates learning and education that is a balance between what students want, and what is needed of them as future global citizens and leaders of tomorrow. With courses designed to equip students with lifelong learning skills, a focus on a wide range of contemporary issues, and a mandatory social and professional internship experience that is unique, UPES believes in igniting to inspire the best version within an individual to better the world.
- Government Sector: Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Ministry of Food, Ministry of Food and Family Welfare and Ministry of Agriculture directly related to Food Technology and every year, thousands of posts are advertised. Food Safety and Standards authority of India, State Food Safety departments, Food Corporation of India, Centre and State warehouses, BIS, APEDA, Food Testing laboratories are main Government based jobs providers
- Private Sector: Food sector represents 8 to 10% of total GDP. A lots of MNC and Private manufacturing, marketing and sale companies are there, which offers a good salary package to Food Technology Students e.g. Nestle, Britannia, ITC, Adani Group, Reliance, Danon, Amul etc.
- Entrepreneurship: A food graduate can start his/her own venture and it is possible in low investment. Bakery, confectionary, Dairy, Microbial culture, fruit processing, milling are some of examples of successful businesses.
UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPES-EAT)
|Name of Test||Mode of Test||Date of Test||Test Timings||Last Date to Apply|
|UPESEAT||Online||17-19 June 2021||As per opted Slot||12 June 2021|
NEET & Board Merit
(1) Minimum 50% marks at Higher& Senior Secondary level (10th&12th)
and minimum 50% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) at
Senior Secondary level (12th class).
(2) NEET cut-off Rank to be announced (on UPES website) after the declaration of
NEET 2021 results)
(3) Minimum 80% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary Level and Minimum 80%
aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Math’s / Biology) at Senior Secondary
Followed by Personal Interview