Duration of Program 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats 20 only
- MBA in Energy Trading is designed for students to get a practical understanding of basic energy derivative structures that are currently used in trading, marketing, and risk management
- A specialisation in MBA Energy Trading will give knowledge in the field of the energy market, enabling you to become an accomplished commodity trader
- This will also expose you to the global best practices involved in energy/commodity trading, the needs of the growing Oil & Gas trading, including pricing and risk management and oil economics
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
Program Elective I
Program Elective II
- Commodity Trading
- Business Analysis
- Oil & Gas Marketing
- Carbon Emission Trading
- Research Analysis
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher &Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Graduation from a recognized university
- Graduation in Commerce/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ CA/ ICWA/ Engineering*/ B.Sc. (PCM). Or equivalent
* Engineering Degree with relevant industry requirement is desirable
Admissions through UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET)
Candidates who have minimum 50% marks in Class 10th and Class 12th and in graduation, can seek admission to UPES MBA programs by taking the UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET)
Schedule for UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET): TO BE ANNOUNCED
The University reserves the right to make any changes in curricula, degree requirements, course offerings, student intake, and academic regulations. They also reserve the right to change the location of the test at any time without specifying any reason or prior notice. The said change applies to both prospective and enrolled students.
Scheme of Tests:
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||35|
|Quantitative: Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||35|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||35|
|Total no. of Questions||140|
The University reserves the right to make changes in curricula, degree requirements, course offerings, student intake and academic regulations or change of location at any time without assigning any reason or prior notice. The said change may apply not only to prospective students but also to those who are already enrolled with the University.
Admissions through National Level Tests
Students having minimum MAT/CMAT valid score of 80 Percentile will be exempted from UPES Management Entrance Test and will only be called for Group Discussion & Interview if qualified.
Valid 75 percentile & above valid score of CAT/ XAT. A valid score of min 550 or above for GMAT, a valid score of 140 and above in NMAT will also be accepted.
**Upto 30% seats shall be filled through National Level Tests category (CAT/MAT/XAT/NMAT). Incase candidates for such seats are not available, UPES has the right to fill these seats through MBA (UPESMET).
Reservation of Seats:
For bonafide Uttarakhand resident candidates: 15% of the seats in all programs will be reserved for residents of Uttarakhand, subject to the "Sthai Niwas Praman Patra certificate." However, if these seats remain unfilled by the stipulated date in the category mentioned above, then the same shall be treated as unreserved.
Note: Candidates applying under this category would be required to produce the original “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” during the day of admission, failing which their candidature shall stand cancelled.