We understand that the current situation and the uncertainty about what lies ahead can be overwhelming. However, despite the disruptions, you can future-proof your career with a simple step. Getting started with the application process early will ease every step in your academic journey.
For whatever the odds, UPES will continue to stand by you, help you navigate the uncharted territory and assist you in making the right career choice.
Online Entrance Test Schedule
|Program||Entrance Examination||Test Date||Last Date to Apply|
|BA/BBA/B.Com LL.B. (5 Years)||ULSAT (Legal Studies Aptitude Test)||17 - 19 June, 2021||12-June-2021|
Aspirants are advised to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Mode of Examination – Online proctored test
- Test duration – 2 hours
- Take a Demo Test –
It is recommended that students take a demo test in order to gain practice and resolve any queries before actual examination.
- Apply online Click Here
Students who have already applied, are advised to follow Exam process.
- Book your examination date.
- Take a Demo Test. Students are recommended to take demo test in order to gain practice and resolve any queries before actual examination.
- Login credentials for online exam. Actual credentials (passkey) to appear for the exam on the chosen date will be provided to students one day prior to exam on registered email id and mobile number. This should not be confused with demo link passkey.
- Examination Test window will be from 10 am to 2 pm.
Student can login during the given timeframe and begin with the online test. Timer starts when the students login.
- Result Declaration on or before 24 June 2021.
BA/BBA/B.Com LL.B. (5 years) - ULSAT (Legal Studies Aptitude Test)
Scheme of Test - Online | 2 Hours
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||30|
|Legal General Knowledge||30|
|Total No. of Questions||150|
View Previous Year Sample Paper - Click here
Result of entrance examination will be declared on or before 24 June 2021
- BA/B.com/BBA LLB (5 years) Course : Click Here
We follow UGC guidelines for refunds.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, established in 2003 through the UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand, UPES is a state University, self-funded and maintained by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 2F. UPES is also NAAC-accredited.
UPES has been accreditation Grade ‘A’ by NAAC.
Under the AICTE Act and its subsequent Regulations, Universities established under a State or Central Act in accordance with Section 2(f) and 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, do not require AICTE approval. However, the universities are only required to maintain AICTE norms and standards and require no prior approval of AICTE for starting technical and professional courses.
Started in 2003, the university has been in operation for 18 years.
Two campuses in Dehradun, Bidholi (Engineering, Design and Health Sciences campus) and Kandoli (Law and Business campus).
The university is spread over 42 acres. The Kandoli campus, which houses the School of Law and the School of Business, is spread over 13 acres.
590 (including all UG & PG programmes)
Our placement figures for Law is 74% for 2019-20 batch.
Surana & Surana International Attorneys
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas, Phoenix Legal, Pioneer Legal, Thomson Reuters, Samsung R&D, Surana & Surana, Axis Bank, PWC, Kotak Mahindra Bank, J. Sagar Associates, Larsen & Toubro, Anand & Anand, Manikaran Powers and many more.
Campuses are secure with boundary walls, day and night security guards and CCTV coverage of outside areas monitored by army veterans. Fire safety precautions and equipment with trained first responders are available.
We have separate hostels for boys and girls within campus, overlooking scenic view with common room and indoor sports facility. We have non-AC rooms, modern kitchens, spacious dining areas and take pride in serving nutritious and hygienic meals.
A. Merit Based Scholarship
- 1. Scholarship will be offered to students securing an aggregate of 80% marks in class X and XII and 75% marks in 10th & 12th in CBSE/ State Examination Board. Such scholarships will be limited to 10% of seats in each Program. Scholarships will be allotted for the first semester in Merit order to eligible candidates.
- 2. Scholarships will be awarded based on merit only.
- 3. Continuation of scholarship in the subsequent years will be as per the University policy Scholarship Amount:50% on Tuition fee of first Semester
B. Scholarship for Uttarakhand State Board Toppers:
- 1. Merit order allotment of 1 seat per program.
- 2. The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand resident students.
- 3. Should have ‘Sthai Niwas Praman Patra’ (Permanent Residence Certificate)
- 4. Students will be entitled only for 1 scholarship at a time (either through the Uttarakhand Board Toppers or through the Uttarakhand Resident category)
- 5. Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per merit scholarship policy of the University Scholarship Amount 25% of tuition fee waiver for Boys and 35% for Girl students in first year
C. Girl Child Scholarship for all female candidates
- 20% waiver of tuition fee for all semesters
D. Concession only for Uttarakhand domicile
UPES has provision for providing 33% concession on Tuition Fee for Uttarakhand domicile students on merit-cum-means basis, to be decided by the University subject to fulfillment of the following conditions by the student:
- The student’s gross annual family income should not be more than Rs. 12 lakhs. The student should possess necessary documents attesting this fact.
- The student should be in possession of a valid ‘Sthai Niwas Praman Patra’, ‘Mool Nivas Praman Patra’, ‘Adhiwas Nivas Praman Patra’ from Uttarakhand state.
E. Special Scholarship
|Clat Rank||Tuition Fee waive off|
|LSAT-Law %ile||Tuition Fee waive off|
|90.01% - 95%||85%|
|85% - 90%||75%|
UPES has a tie-up with SBI, HDFC, Axis, PNB and Oriental Bank of Commerce. Apart from this, you can apply for a loan from any nationalized or private bank. Please contact the bank counter for more details. Financeeper – We are now also offering a longer duration Easy Fee Payment EMI Plan through Financepeer
We follow UGC guidelines for refunds.
Seats are allotted in the merit order, subject to availability.
In case of Waitlist, a confirmation for the same will be notified to him/her after the expiry of the last date of fee submission for the selected round.
We accept Online payments and payments through demand draft.
We have infirmaries manned by a team of doctors with ambulances and nursing staff. A professionally competent psychologist is available for counselling. We also have a tie-up with a local hospital in Dehradun, in case of an emergency.
There are many good private hostels around the campus. UPES has no direct relation with these private hostels, and you are advised to do a thorough check yourself.
There is no uniform required during regular classes, we also have wow Wednesdays, where students can wear clothes as per their choice.
Mobile connection vendors generally put up their extension counters at the University gate during registration. It is not necessary to have a bank account in Dehradun. Students can operate through ATM debit card.
Buses are available to help you commute across the Dehradun city to campus and back on scheduled timings. They have fixed pick up and drop points across the city. You can connect with the administration department on campus for this facility.
It is mandatory for all the students to fill the anti-ragging undertaking on the UGC website before joining. There is an anti-ragging committee on campus, and we have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to ragging. UPES recruits additional security personnel during the time of registration so that there are no unwanted incidents. The entire campus is under CCTV surveillance. For assistance, students can connect with our Department of Student Development and Support.
You will get to know this only when you are in campus or in your class.
We have an air-conditioned, double-story library with latest books and online publications, in the current situation students also get online access to library.
On the day of joining, all students will be handed over a student bulletin, which has a detailed academic calendar for the year along with holiday details.
UPES has no capitation fee or management quota. All admissions are purely on merit basis.
We have modern kitchens, spacious dining areas and take pride in serving nutritious and hygienic meals.
Good food courts with outlets covering the diverse needs of students are on the campus along with a shopping center. We always emphasize on healthy eating.
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Quantity & Numeric Ability||30|
|Legal General Knowledge||30|
The schedule will be updated on the website for subsequent rounds subject to seat availability.
Will be shared as part of annexures in your offer letter.
Can I get it next year: Yes, you can avail a hostel facility in the second year, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria defined with the University. For more details, stay in touch with the hostel Manager/Warden.
It will be subject to seat availability and notified eligibility criteria in student bulletin, which will be issued at the time of joining.
Will be communicated to all and would be as per Government / UGC guidelines.
Hostel charges would be applicable from the notified date of campus joining.
As per the Government / UGC guidelines.
Yes. For detailed information, all the students are requested to refer https://www.upes.ac.in/covid-19-response. We have already carried out disinfection, sanitization and thermal screening drive. All COVID-19 safety protocols have been put in place to provide a secure learning environment.