B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering- Cyber Security and Forensics
The B. Tech in Cyber Security and Forensics program offered by UPES is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of various aspects of cyber security and forensics. The program offers exposure to various topics, including network security, cryptography, ethical hacking, cyber laws, incident response, and digital forensics. The curriculum is designed to keep pace with the latest industry trends and practices, ensuring that students are well-prepared for the workforce.
To gain practical experience, students participate in practical sessions, lab exercises, and projects, which provide hands-on experience. Additionally, the program offers opportunities for students to gain practical experience through internships and industry collaborations. UPES has tie-ups with various organizations in the cyber security and forensics domain, such as IBM, KPMG, and Wipro, which provide students with exposure to real-world problems and challenges faced by the industry.
The program also provides mentorship and thesis support to students. Students are assigned faculty mentors who provide guidance and support throughout the program. Additionally, the university has a dedicated research and development centre that supports students in their thesis and research projects. Faculty members with extensive research experience provide mentorship and guidance to students, ensuring that they have the support they need to succeed in their academic pursuits. Overall, the B. Tech in Cyber Security and Forensics program provides students with a well-rounded education and practical experience, making them ready for the cybersecurity industry.
- The B. Tech in Cyber Security and Forensics program emphasizes practical exercises, projects, and internships to provide students with a practical understanding of cybersecurity concepts and techniques.
- The curriculum is designed in collaboration with industry experts and is updated regularly to keep up with the latest trends and practices.
- Supported by state-of-the-art infrastructure, including dedicated labs for cyber security and forensics, network security, cloud computing, and virtual labs.
- UPES has partnerships with leading companies in the cybersecurity industry, providing students with opportunities for internships, industry projects, and job placements.
- The faculty includes experienced professionals from the cybersecurity industry and academics with a strong background in computer science, providing students with a unique blend of practical and theoretical knowledge.
- Students in the B. Tech in Cyber Security and Forensics program will be exposed to a wide range of cyber security and digital forensics tools and technologies, such as Wireshark, Nmap, Metasploit, Snort, Nessus, EnCase, FTK Imager, Autopsy, Volatility, and X-Ways Forensics.
Future Scope / Industry Trends
The global cyber security industry is projected to reach $270 billion by 2026, making the future scope for students specializing in cyber security and forensics highly promising. The industry trends expected to shape the future of cyber security include AI and ML, cloud security, IoT security, and mobile security. There are various career paths available for students with a B. Tech in Cyber Security and Forensics degree, including security analyst, security engineer, network security administrator, cyber security consultant, incident responder, and digital forensics investigator. With the increasing demand for cybersecurity professionals, students with this specialization have a wide range of career opportunities available, along with potential for career advancement and growth as cybersecurity continues to play a critical role in protecting businesses and organizations from cyber threats.
The demand for qualified cyber security and forensics professionals is increasing due to the rise in cybersecurity threats such as cryptomining, ransomware, and trojans. Even the biggest organizations are vulnerable to cyber-attacks. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the number of jobs for information security analysts will grow by 33% from 2020-2030, with an average salary of $103,590. The cybersecurity industry is expected to have 3.5 million high-paying, unfilled jobs this year. As the industry is still emerging, organizations are creating new roles and hiring specialists, making it crucial to keep cybersecurity career paths broad enough to adapt to evolving industry needs.
Typically, students who are studying for a B. Tech in Cyber Security and Forensics degree tend to opt for these career paths that are considered to be the most popular.
- Security Analyst
- Incident Response Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Network Security Administrator
- Security Engineer
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Digital Forensic Investigator
The B. Tech in Cyber Security and Forensics program has an average annual package of Rs. 8.25 lakh per annum, while the highest package offered to graduates is Rs. 50 lakh per annum. The program attracts many top companies, including Accenture, CISCO, Adobe, Boeing India Pvt Ltd, Capgemini Technology Services India Ltd, Cognizant Technology Solutions, EY India, Infosys, Nykaa, TCS, Samsung R&D, and Rakuten India. In addition to this, many start-ups are have shown interest in hiring B. Tech in Cyber Security and Forensics graduates. These recruiters provide lucrative employment opportunities for graduates, making this program an excellent choice for those seeking a career in the cyber security and forensics industry.
Click here for detailed Fee Structure.
The minimum eligibility criteria for B. Tech in Cyber Security and Forensics to be fulfilled by interested students is as follows: Minimum 50% marks in Class X and XII with 50% in PCM in Class XII.
The process of selection criteria for students interested in pursuing B. Tech in Cyber Security and Forensics offered by UPES is based on the individual's performance in UPESEAT / JEE Mains / Board Merit / SAT/ CUET