Dr. Prasoom Dwivedi
- B.Com, University of Lucknow
- MA (Applied Economics - Gold Medalist) University of Lucknow, UP
- PhD, University of Lucknow, UP
- Chartered Economist (Ch. E), Registered Financial Specialist (RFP) & Master Financial Planner (MFP),
Area of Specialization
- Economics and Finance of Sustainable Energy
- Management of Common Pool of Resources
Research & Publications
- Tyagi V., Dwivedi P. & Anshuman G. (2021). Critical Review of Business Models for Grid Connected Rooftop Solar PV Systems in India. Vol 63r, Issue 11, pages 29-35, Print ISSN 0974-4207, Online ISSN – 0974-4711 Water and Energy International, SCOPUS INDEXED.
- Tyagi V., Dwivedi P. & Anshuman G. (2020). Impact of Solar Rooftop Policy on residential consumers in the state of Uttarakhand. Vol 63r, Issue 7, page 53-63, Print ISSN 0974-4207, Online ISSN – 0974-4711, Water and Energy International, SCOPUS INDEXED.
- Sengar, A., Sharma, V., Agrawal, R., Dwivedi, A., Dwivedi, P., Joshi, K., & Barthwal, M. (2020). Prioritization of barriers to energy generation using pine needles to mitigate climate change: Evidence from India. Journal of Cleaner Production, 123840. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.123840
- Alka Dwivedi, Prasoom Dwivedi, Samo Bobek, Simona Sternad Zabukovšek, (2019) "Factors affecting students’ engagement with online content in blended learning", Kybernetes, https:// doi.org/10.1108/K-10-2018-0559 (SCI & SCOPUS INDEXED JOURNAL, IMPACT FACTOR: 2.6)
- Rohankar, N., Jain, A. K., Nangia, O. P., & Dwivedi, P. (2016). A study of existing solar power policy framework in India for the viability of the solar project's perspective. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 56, 510-518. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2015.11.062
- Paper on ‘Considerations and conceptualization of solar business model in India: lessons on technology transfer learnt from Germany’ published with International Journal of Technology, Policy and Management, Volume 15, No. 3, 2015. DOI: 10.1504/IJTPM.2015.071034
- Paper on ‘Role of e-Facilitation (ICTs) in Economic Development of the Rural Population’, International Journal on Electronic Governance, vol.2, Nos. 2/3, pg. 277-287, Inderscience Publisher (2009). DOI: 10.1504/IJEG.2009.029135.
- Sharma, V., Dwivedi, P., & Seth, P. (2011). Airports and productivity. International Journal of Aviation Management, 1(1-2), 105-123. DOI: 10.1504/IJAM.2011.038296.
- Anil Kumar, Hiranmoy Roy, Prasoom Dwivedi (2016) ‘Rural Infrastructure and Electrification’ published in Yojana, A Development Monthly, Publication Division, Ministry of Information Broadcasting, Government of India, ISSN-0971-8400.
- S.J. Chopra, Prasoom Dwivedi (2016), ‘Energy Education’, published in Special Issue on Energy, The Journal of Governance, Volume 12, IC Centre for Governance, New Delhi. https://www.iccfg.net/files/specialissuesofjournal/Volume%2012%20-%20January%202016%20-%20Special%20Issue%20on%20Energy.pdf
- Deeppa, K., Ganapathi, R., & Dwivedi, P. (2017). Services of low-cost Carriers in India: The Customer's Perspective. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 10(9).
- Sharma, V., Dwivedi, P., & Seth, P. (2011). Capability Approach.
- Prasoom Dwivedi, Alka Dwivedi & Aditi Khanduri (2019), Ramgaad Micro Hydro Project: A Case Study for Vision for Uttarakhand 2040 in the National Conference on Vision Uttarakhand 2040: Agenda for Socio-Economic Development on February 16, 2019. Published in conference proceedings.
- Prasoom Dwivedi & Alka Dwivedi (2018), ‘Sustainable Energy Project in India: A Case of Community Participation, First International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environment Sensing, Fitzman College, Cambridge University, June 18-19, 2018.
- Alka Dwivedi & Prasoom Dwivedi (2018), ‘Exploring the role of community and the government for sustainable implementation of rural development projects in India’ The International Conference on Sustainable Management, May 25 to 27 2018, ICSM 2018, Kashipur, Uttarakhand, India.
- ‘Improving Energy Access for Improved Livelihood Opportunities in Rural Uttarakhand through Biomass Gasification based Power Generation: Developing A Suggestive Model’ presented at 9th Uttarakhand State Science and Technology Congress (USCTC), organized by Uttarakhand Council for Science and Technology (UCOST), Dehradun on 26-28 February 2015.
- ‘Public Community Participation in Renewable Energy Projects in India’ is selected for presentation in World Renewable Energy Forum (WREF-2012), Denver, Colorado, 13 May-17 May 2012.
- ‘Market Perspective on Indian Electricity Open Access’ co-authored with Dr Rajinder Kumar Malik, Dr Anil Kumar, publisher New Royal Book Publisher, Lucknow (An ICSSR Approved Publishing House), Lucknow. (2021)
- ‘Airline Service Quality Index for Indian Carriers: A Study of Full Cost Carriers’, co-author Ms Harisha Emmadi, Management Trainee, GVK-MIAL, publisher Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, (2013).
- Energy Conservation, Vol – III ‘Energycopia’, set of five volumes, series editor, Dr Parag Diwan, publisher Pentagon Energy Press (2008).
- Expert Speak category of Infraline Plus on ‘Time to create a voluntary market for promoting energy efficiency in the country’, June 2015, Volume -4/Issue -02.
- Expert Speak category of Infraline Plus on ‘Energy Efficiency, a Distant Dream for Refineries’, June 2012, Volume 1, Issue 2.
- ‘Natural Gas: The Fuel of Choice’ published in Energy Manager, a quarterly magazine of the Society of energy engineers and managers, Vol 5, No: 4, October-December 2012.
Presentations and Public Appearances:
- Energy Conservation as a part Prime Minister’s Swachh Bharat Campaign organized by DRDO, at Defense Electronics Application Laboratory (DEAL) Auditorium, Dehradun on June 26, 2015.
- “Renewable Energy Scenario in India” on Celebration of Rajiv Gandhi Akshay Urja Diwas, 20 August 2011, organized by Uttarakhand Renewable Energy Development Agency (UREDA).
- Poster presentation on ‘Renewable Energy Sources for Powering telecom Towers’ World Re- Energy Tech-2011, 21-23 April 2011.
- ‘Public Community Participation Model: An Emerging Model for Infrastructure Development in India’ presented in a National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Infrastructure Development in India, March,12-13,2011 sponsored by the Government of Uttar Pradesh, organized by the Department of Applied Economics, University of Lucknow, Lucknow.
- Design Principles of Mini & Micro Hydro Projects for Implementing Agencies of Uttarakhand, India, funded Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi, India, 2018.
- "Socio-Economic Value Creation through Forest Bio-Residue Based Energy Generation in alignment with the UN’s SDGs" funded by NATIONAL MISSION ON HIMALAYAN STUDIES (NMHS) G.B. Pant National Institute of Himalayan Environment and Sustainable Development (GBPNIHESD) as medium grant in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee.
- “UK-India Sustainable Development and Research collaboration: Watermills Modernization-cum-Enhancement Planning, Training, Capacity Strengthening and Entrepreneurship Development in Uttarakhand Hill Communities, India.” Funded under Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF), Academy of Medical Science, UK, 2018 in collaboration with Newcastle Business School, Northumbria University, UK.
- Collaborative Project on Overall Energy Scenario in Japan with NITI Aayog & Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ), 2017.
- World Bank- GEF funded project on Financing Energy Efficiency Projects at MSMEs in Dehradun Cluster funded by SIDBI, New Delhi, September 2016.
- Collaborative project on EU- India: Technical Cooperation – Energy Project, DCI/ASIE/2014/343-602 LOT 1.
- Business Model of Decentralized Electricity Generation
- Financial Model of Solar Parks in India
- Collaborative Project between University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Ghana on ‘Research Capacity Building in Renewable Energy’ awarded by the International Association of Universities (IAU) under 2014 Leadership Development for Higher Education Reform (LEADHER) Grant Program in 2014.
- Research Project on ‘Energy Consumption Pattern in Rural Uttarakhand’, India has been awarded by Uttarakhand Council for Science and Technology, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India, A State Nodal Agency of Department of Science and Technology in 2012.
- GIZ funded a training program on ‘Selling Solar Light: Technology and Finance’ for solar para technicians, Akshay Urja shop owners of Uttarakhand and NGOs, 2014. Following are the deliverables under the project:
- Identification of potential entrepreneurs
- The potential market for solar lights etc.
- UNDP funded Sensitization workshop and skill development training program on ‘Sub Megawatt Scale Biomass Power Generation in North under the Project Removal of Barriers to Biomass Power Generation in India’, to UPES and TERI consortium, November 2012. Following are the deliverables under the project:
- Viability gap study of biomass gasification based Power Project,
- Business models of Biomass Gasification based Power Project
- Study of fuel linkages for such projects.
- Collaborative Project between University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, India and the University of Nairobi, Kenya on ‘Research Capacity Building in Renewable Energy’ awarded by International Association of Universities (IAU) under 2011 Leadership Development for Higher Education Reform (LEADHER) Grant Program.
Events/ Conferences Organized:
- Management Development Program (MDP) on ‘Financing Energy Efficiency Projects, in collaboration with Uttarakhand Renewable Energy Development Agency (UREDA) and Alliance for an Energy Efficiency Economy (AEEE), held on 19-20 June, 2015 at MDC, UPES, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. In this program, participants from designated consumers and other government organizations have attended the program.
- Management Development Program (MDP) on ‘Driving Solar Power Growth’, held on 5-6 July 2013 at MDC, UPES, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. In this program, 15 participants have attended the program from all over the country.
- Symposium on ‘Solar Energy Future in Uttarakhand: A dialogue on needs and issues’ funded by Uttarakhand State Council for Science and Technology (UCOST), and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) Government of India organized by CEER, UPES.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Alliance for Energy-Efficient Economy (AEEE) to promote awareness and capabilities of various stakeholders with energy efficiency perspectives.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with SIDCUL Manufacturing Association of Uttarakhand (SMAU) to develop managerial skills of MSMEs at Dehradun and Haridwar cluster, Uttarakhand.
- Government-Academia Interface with Government of Uttarakhand (GoU) to set up proposed Center for Public Policy and Good Governance by GoU.
- Government-Academia Interface with NITI Aayog.
- Fellow, Global Academy of Finance and Management