Dr. Pawan Kumar Singh
Assistant Professor -Senior Scale
PhD in Economics, Department of Economics, Banaras Hindu University, 2019, Varanasi, India.
Cost-Effectiveness of Herbicides Use in Groundnut: A Case Study of Sikhar Block in Mirzapur District
Visiting Scholar (During PhD) in Department of Agronomy, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe.
MA in Economics from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, 2011.
NET-JRF in Economics, University Grant Commission, New Delhi, India, 2015.
Area of Interest
Agriculture and Rural Development, Environment and Sustainable Development
- Worked two years as a Project Fellow in UGC Sponsored Major Research Project entitled “Social Exclusion and Women Entrepreneurs in the Informal Sector: A Case Study of KAVAL Cities of Uttar Pradesh” from November 2012 to November 2014 in AMPGC, BHU, India.
- Econometrics, three years in Department of Economics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India from 2015-2018.
- 2 years & 10 months in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, Punjab, India, from September 2019 to July 2022.
- Impact of pandemic on development and demography in different continents and nations. International Journal of Finance & Economics, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijfe.2586, (SSCI: Impact factor:3.070 /SCOPUS/Web of Science/ Wiley).
- Multiple-Forecasting Approach: A Prediction of CO2 Emission from the Paddy Crop in India. Environmental Science and Pollution Research International, 2021. https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-767860, (SCI: Impact Factor:4.01/ SCOPUS/Web of Science/Springer).
- Investigating Allocative efficiency, Cost efficiency, Technical efficiency using Stochastic Frontier Analysis (SFA) of Groundnut Farm Households: Evidence from a case in India Journal of custoseagrone/105-129/www.custoseagronegocioonline.com.br, 2020. /(SCI/ Impact Factor:0.80/ SCOPUS/Web of Science).
- COVID-19 pandemic and transmission factors: An empirical investigation of different countries. Journal of Public Affairs, e2648, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1002/pa.2648/ABDC-B(Wiley/ABDC-B/ SCOPUS/Web of Science/Wiley).
- Prediction of BRIC Stock Price Using ARIMA, SutteARIMA, and Holt-Winters. Computers, Materials & Continua, 2021 70(1), 523–534. https://doi.org/10.32604/cmc.2022.017068, (SCI: Impact factor:4.1/ SCOPUS/Web of Science).
- A deep learning framework using CNN and stacked Bi-GRU for COVID-19 predictions in India. Signal, Image and Video Processing,2021, 1–8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11760-021-01988-1, (SCI: Impact Factor:3.1/ SCOPUS/Web of Science/ Springer).
- Implementation of the SutteARIMA method to predict short-term cases of stock market and COVID-19 pandemic in USA, 2021 Quality & Quantity. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-021-01207-6, (ABDC-B category/ SCOPUS-Q1/Web of Science/ Springer).
- A SWOT Analysis of groundnut farm households: Evidence from Mirzapur District in India. The Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science/Scopus/2021/ (SCOPUS).
- A new grey system approach to forecast closing price of Bitcoin, Bionic, Cardano, Dogecoin, Ethereum, XRP Cryptocurrencies, 2022, Quality & Quantity. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-022-01463-0/(ABDC-B category/ SCOPUS-Q1/Web of Science/ Springer).
- International Scholarship by Japan Cabinet Office, 2016.
- International Scholarship for advancing PhD by Republic of Slovenia, Europe, 2018.
- International Scholarship by China
- National Scholarship JRF by University Grant Commission, New Delhi, 2015.
- UPUEA Life Membership.
- The Ship for World Youth Leader Member, Japan
Honours and Achievements:
- International Scholarship to Participate in the Next Generation Global Leaders Program, held in Japan for 46 days from 14 January 2016 to 2 March 2016.
- International Scholarship to visit Slovenia as Visiting Scholar in the Agronomy Department, the University of Ljubljana, Republican of Slovenia in Europe for Six Months from 01/10/2017 to 30/03/2018.
- Award for best paper in Shanghai University, China, to present a research paper in 2017.
- Best project award by UNDP on “Clean Water and Sanitation” in Manama, Bahrain, 2017.
- Went to participate in an international conference in Sri Lanka in 2018.
- Participated in the United Nations University, Tokyo, Japan in International Conference, 2016.