Dr Rupesh Kumar
Assistant Professor – Selection Grade
Post Doc (Management Science), Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisboa, Portugal
PhD (Management), Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
MS (IT and e-Business), University of Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering), Gurukula Kangri University, Haridwar, India
Area of Interest
Operations Management, Supply Chain, Analytics, Multi-Criteria Decision Making Methods, Sustainability and Information Technology
- Assistant Professor – Selection Grade, School of Business, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun from October 2017 – till date
- Assistant Professor – 6000 AGP, Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), Nashik, Maharashtra from August 2016 – September 2017
- Research Officer, NGO – Abhinav, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh from June 2015 – July 2016
- Post Doc Fellow, Instituto Superior Tecnico (IST) Lisboa, Portugal from Dec 2014 – May 2015
- Research Officer, NGO – Abhinav, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh from June 2014 – November 2014
- Executive Officer (R&D), The Sugar Technologist’s Association of India (STAI), New Delhi from March 2013 – June 2014
- Kumar, R. & Bangwal, D. “An Assessment of Sustainable Supply Chain Initiatives in Indian Automobile Industry using PPS Method”, Environmental Development and Sustainability (Springer). (SCI), Impact Factor: 3.219
- Kansara, S., Modgil, S., & Kumar, R. (2022). “Structural Transformation of Fuzzy Analytical Hierarchy Process: A relevant case for Covid-19”, Operations Management Research (Springer Nature). (SSCI, ABDC – C). Impact Factor: 2.706
- Kashav, V., Garg, C.P., Kumar, R., & Sharma, A. (2022). “Management and analysis of barriers in the maritime supply chains (MSCs) of containerized freight under fuzzy environment”, Research in Transportation Business & Management. DOI: 10.1016/j.rtbm.2022.100793. (SCI). Impact Factor: 2.740
- Bangwal, D., Suyal, J. & Kumar, R. (2022). “Hotel building design, employee health and performance in response to COVID 19”. International Journal of Hospitality Management (Elsevier). (SCI, ABDC – A*). Impact Factor: 9.237
- Garg, C.P., Kashav, V. & Kumar, R. (2021). “Modeling the strategies to overcome the barriers of the Maritime Supply Chain (MSC) of containerized freight under fuzzy environment", Annals of Operations Research (Elsevier). (SCI, ABDC – A). Impact Factor: 4.8
- Rajini, R., Heggde, G. & Kumar, R. (2022). “Services Redesign Strategies for Demand and Capacity Management: An approach of Company Performance Evaluation”, Vision (Sage) (SCI, ABDC-C, ABS-1, Scopus Indexed). Impact Factor: 1.04
- Kumar, R., Jha, A., Damodaran, A. and Bangwal, D. (2020), “Addressing the challenges to electric vehicle adoption via sharing economy: an Indian perspective”, Management of Environmental Quality (Publisher: Emerald), (SCI, ABDC-C, Scopus Indexed). Vol. 32 No. 1, pp. 82-99.
- Kumar, R., Tiwari, S. and Kansara, S. (2021). Barriers prioritization of the Indian steel industry supply chain: Applying AHP and Fuzzy AHP method. Vision (Sage). (SCI, ABDC-C, Scopus Indexed), pp. 1-9. Impact Factor: 1.04
- Arora, M. and Kumar, R. (2022) Analysis of Frozen Food Adoption by Consumer in Uttarakhand, a State of India: An Inferential Statistics Approach". International Journal of Value Chain Management (Inderscience). Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 88-111. (Scopus Indexed).
- Jain, A., Damodaran, A., Kumar, R. and Bangwal, D. (2021), “Stakeholders Perception on challenges of artificial intelligence implementation in Indian Aviation Industry: A focus group study”, International Journal of Business Innovation and Research (Publisher: Inderscience), (Scopus Indexed). Accepted.
- Kumar, R. (2020) “IT adaptation in sugar supply chain: a study at milling level”. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management (Inderscience). (ESCI, Scopus Indexed) Vol.35 No.1, pp.28 – 49.
- Kumar, R. (2020) “E-applications for managing Trans-Logistics Activities in Sugar Supply Chain in North India”, International Journal of Asian Business and Information Management (IGI Global), (SCI, Scopus Indexed) Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 15.
- Kumar, R., Kansara, S., Jha, A., Bangwal, D. and Damodaran, A. (2020), Motivating Factors to Promote Tourism in India: Using AHP Methods. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management (Publisher: Inderscience). (Scopus Indexed).
- Damodaran, A., Kumar, R., Bangwal, D., Khanka, S. and Shree, D. (2020), “Stakeholders Perception on Block chain Technology in Indian Aviation Industry: A focus group study”, International Journal of Business Innovation and Research (Publisher: Inderscience), (Scopus Indexed).
- Bangwal, D., Bahuguna, P.C., Kumar, R., Damodaran, A., & Walker, J. (2022). “Transforming HR through BI and Information Technology”. Business Intelligence and Human Resource Management – Concept, Cases and Practical Applications. Chapter-3. (Ed. Singh, D., Singh, A., Omar, A., and Goyal, S.B.). ISBN: 9781032027296. (Routledge Taylor & Francis Group).
- Book published “Statistical Analysis using R”, published by Amazon, USA. Written and Edited by Nath, V. and Kumar, R.
- Noel Deerr Gold Medal for the best paper “IT Improves Supply Chain Performance of Sugar Industry: A Regression Method Approach” presented during the 72nd Annual Convention of STAI, New Delhi, India.
- Fellow Member of “The Sugar Technologists’ Association of India (STAI)”, New Delhi.
Honours and Achievements:
- Namaste EU Consortium fellowship by European Commission for doing Post Doc Fellow in Management Science at Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisbon, Portugal.
- MHRD Assistantship fully funded by Government of India for doing Ph.D. from Department of Management Studies, I.I.T. Roorkee, India.
- Erasmus Mundus Program Scholarship funded by European Commission with a grant of 35,600 Euros for doing M.Sc. from University of Reading, United Kingdom.
- Sixth rank all over the university during B.Tech.
- Co – PI of the Project titled “Economics of Improved Solid Waste Management: A Case Study of Municipal Corporation of Uttarakhand”. Source of funding: Received Seed Fund (2021-2022) Duration: 1 year (2021-22) and Amount funded: INR 1,10,000 /