Assistant Professor-Senior Scale
- Doctoral Candidate and Senior Research Fellow at the Department of Management Studies, IIT-Roorkee
Owais Nazir is an Assistant Professor-Senior Scale at UPES, Dehradun, India. He has published in journals such as the International Journal of Hospitality Management, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Management, and Current Issues in Tourism, among others. Owais Nazir is the recipient of the Emerald Literati Network Awards 2018, for Outstanding Paper 2018.
Honours and Achievements:
- Special Acknowledgement in the Indian adaptation of the book on Strategic Market Management (11ed) by David Aakar, Moorman, Jamid Islam and Zillur Rahman -Wiley Publishers, 2021. ISBN 978-9354243387
- Elsevier Reviewer Recognition presented by International Journal of Hospitality Management-Aug-2021.
- Awarded Senior Research Fellowship at the Department of Management studies-IIT-Roorkee in December 2020.
- Outstanding Paper Award for the article “Enhancing organizational commitment and employee performance through employee engagement” published in the South Asian Journal of Business Studies in 2018, Emerald Literati Awards. DOI.10.1108/SAJBS-04-2016-0036.
- Awarded National Eligibility Test (NET) in Management for lectureship conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) in June 2013.
- Employee Engagement
- Nazir, O., & Islam, J. U. (2020). Effect of CSR activities on meaningfulness, compassion, and employee engagement: A sense-making theoretical approach. International Journal of Hospitality Management. (SSCI, IF 10.427) (ABDC-'A*').
- Nazir, O., Islam, J. U. & Rahman, Z. (2021). Effect of CSR participation on an employee sense of purpose and experienced meaningfulness: A self-determination theory perspective. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management. (SSCI, ABDC-A, IF 7.629).
- Nazir, O., & Islam, J. U. (2019). Influence of CSR-specific activities on work engagement and employees’ innovative work behaviour: an empirical investigation. Current Issues in Tourism, 1-19. (SSCI, ABDC-A, IF 7.57).
- Nazir, O., & Islam, J. U. (2017). Enhancing organizational commitment and employee performance through employee engagement: An empirical check. South Asian Journal of Business Studies, 6(1), 98-114. (ABDC, ESCI, Scopus).
- Nazir, O., and Rao, M.K. (2018), “A conceptual framework for CSR and Work Engagement from a motivational perspective”, Paper presented at PANIITIMC-18: 1st PAN IIT International Management Conference 2018 Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India, November 30-December 2, 2018.