Assistant Professor - Senior Scale
B.Tech (Information Technology), West Bengal University of Technology, West Bengal
M.Tech (Information Technology - Spec. CWE), Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal
Ph.D., Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, West Bengal
Area of Specialization
Digital image processing; Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computational Material Science.
- Amitava Choudhury "The Role of Machine Learning Algorithms in Materials Science: A State of Art Review on Industry 4.0", Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, 2020.
- RaghavKachhawaha, Pragya Gupta, Tushar Kansal, Amitava Chaudhary, Tanmoy Bhowmik. (2020) Efficient Human Feature Recognition Process Using Sclera. In: Bhattacharjee A., Borgohain S., Soni B., Verma G., Gao XZ. (eds) Machine Learning, Image Processing, Network Security and Data Sciences. MIND 2020. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol 1241, pp. 168-181, 2020.
- Kamal Dua, Tanupriya Choudhury, U Rajanikanth, Amitava Choudhury, "CGI based syslog management system for virtual machines", Spatial Information Research, Vol 28 (4), pp. 475-486, 2020
- Amitava Choudhury, Ruchira Naskar, Amitava BasuMallick, Snehanshu Pal, "Computer Vision Approach for Phase Identification from Steel Microstructure", Journal of Engineering Computations, Emerald Insight, Vol 36 (6) pp. 1913-1932, 2019.
- Amitava Choudhury, Tanmay kannur, P.P. Chattopadhyay, Snehanshu Pal, "Structure Prediction of Multi-principal Element Alloys Using Ensemble Learning", Journal of Engineering Computations, Emerald Insight, Vol. 37 (3), pp. 1003-1022. 2019.
- Tanmay Bhowmik, Amitava Choudhury, Shyamal Kumar Das Mandal, "Deep Neural Network based Recognition and Classication of Bengali Phonemes: A case study of Bengali Unconstrained Speech", 3rd International conf. on Next Generation Computing Techniques, CCIS, Springer, UPES, dehradun 2018.
- Amitava Choudhury, Hukam Singh Rana and Tanmay Bhowmik, "Handwritten Bengali Numeral Recognition using HOG Based Feature Extraction Algorithm", 5th International conf. on signal Processing and Integrated Networks, IEEE, 2018.
- Amitava Choudhury, Rohit Ramchandani, Md Shamoon, Ankit Khare, Keshav Kaushik, "An Efficient Algorithm for Detecting and measure the properties of pothole", In: Mandal J., Bhattacharya D. (eds) Emerging Technology in Modelling and Graphics. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 937. 2018.
- Saptarshi Roy Choudhury, Anwesa Das, Alok Negi, Amitava Choudhury, "Security & Challenges in Cloud Computing", International Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing, Communication and Control (ICETC3-2017), Published by International Journal of Advanced Engineering and Management, 2017.
- Tanmay Bhowmik, Amitava Choudhuryand Shyamal Kumar Das Mandol, " Deep Neural Network based Place and Manner of Articulation Detection and Classication for Bengali continuous speech", 6th International Conf. on Smart Computing and Communications, Procedia Computer science, Elsevier, NIT Kuruskhetra, 2017.
- Amitava Choudhury, Alok Negi, " A New Zone Based Algorithm for Detection of License Plate From Indian Vehicle", 2016 Fourth International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC), Waknaghat, pp. 370-374, 2016.
- Amitava Choudhury, Alok Negi, Sanhita Das “Recognition of Handwritten Bangla Numerals using Adaptive Coefficient Matching Technique”, Procedia Computer Science, Elsevier, vol. 89, pp. 764-770. 2016.
Reg Number: 4093/2019-CO/SW
Title of Work: Pothole Recognition System Using Deep Learning and Computer Vision Approach
Applicant Name: Mohammad Shamoon, Amitava Choudhury, Tanupriya Choudhury
- Indian science congress association, kolkata, india.
- International Association of Engineers, Hong Kong, China.
- IEEE Young Professionals member.
- Institute of Engineers, India.
Member of Organizing/ review committee
- TPC member and reviewer in fourth International conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing, IEEE, Solan, 2016.
- Organization committee member 3rd International conference on Next Generation Computing technology, Springer, Dehradun, India, 2016.
- Organization committee member 3rd International conference on Next Generation Computing technology, Springer, Dehradun, India, 2017.
- Convenor, International Conference on Machine Intelligence and Data Science Applications, 2020.
- Reviewer: IEEE Journal of Biomedical And Health Informatics, 2019
- Reviewer: Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing (MBEC), 2020.
Awards and Achievements
- IEEE Kolkata Chapter Second Best inter college Project Award During 2008.
- TEQIP, Phase-II, (MHRD) Fellowship For Ph.D Assignment, 2013-2015.
- UGC-UPE Scholarship for the project Web Based Teaching material Development, School of Education Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Project Title: Real time Pothole detection system
Project members: Amitava Choudhury, Anil Kumar, Rohit Ramchandani
Funding Authority: UPES RISE
Project Amount: 25,000
- Project Title: Machine learning approach to classification of phases and crystal structure from steel data-set
Project members: Amitava Choudhury, Kiran Kumar Ravulakollu
Funding Authority: UPES SEED
Project Amount: 1.0 Lacs