Doctorate (PhD-CSE) from: Dr. B.R.Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
Post-Graduation (M.Tech-CSE) From: National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, H.P, India
Area of Specialization:
· Big Data and Cloud Computing (Data Management and Security)
· Grid Computing (Security in grid and resources)
· Cryptography & Network security (Information, IP & Web security)
· Wireless Sensor Networks (Secure Sensor Networks)
· Mobile Computing (Resource Management in Wireless Networks
· Mobile AdHoc Networks (Service Discovery, Resource Management, VANETs)
· Computer Networks (Network Protocols and Architecture, Network Management, Security)
Research & Publications:
Books and Patents
- Introduction to Cryptography and Network Security, Author: Sunil Gupta, Publisher: S.K.Kataria &Sons, August 2008. ISBN: 978-81-906919-70
- Wireless Sensor Networks, Authors: Sunil Gupta & Harsh k Verma, Publisher: Katsons, August 2014. ISBN: 978-93-5014-563
- A patent application is filed and published in Indian Patent Office journal titled” Efficient Authentication protocol against malicious attack in (WSN) wireless sensor networks.”, Application Number 201711003986A. Page No: 3922 Publication Date 17-02-2017
- A patent application is filed in Indian Patent Office journal titled “Intelligent Healthcare Security Method”, Application Number 201911020385, TEMP/E-1/20791/2019- CBR 16012 dated 23 May 2019.
- A patent application is filed in Indian Patent Office journal titled “System And Method For Authorization Of Sensor Nodes In Wireless Sensor Networks”, Application Number 201911001786
- Uddin, Sunil Gupta, Rishi Asthana, and M. Kumar Awasthi "Steady MHD Flow of Nano-Fluids over a Rotating Porous Disk in the Presence of Heat Generation/Absorption: a Numerical Study using PSO”, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics”, Vol. 10, No. 3, January 2017, pp. 871-879, SCI Impact factor:0.88. UGC19172
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma and A.L. Sangal, “Efficient security mechanism to counter the attacks in wireless sensor networks”, CSI transactions on ICT, Vol 2, no.1, July 2014, pp. 35-41. Springer: Published: 08 July 2014
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma and A.L. Sangal, “Authentication protocol for wireless sensor networks”, World academy of science, engineering and technology, Vol. 4, no. 6, June 2010, pp. 526-532. International science index.UGC37925
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma and A.L. Sangal, “Efficient security framework to countermeasure the malicious attacks in wireless sensor networks”, International journal of information security, privacy and integrity, Vol 4, no.2. Sep 2014, pp. 1-9.
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma and A.L. Sangal, “Security attacks and prerequisite for wireless sensor networks”, International journal of engineering and advanced technology, Vol. 2, no. 5, June 2013, pp. 558-566, Impact Factor: 5.02.
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma and A.L. Sangal, “Analysis and removal of vulnerabilities in masquerading attack in wireless sensor networks”, International journal of computer technology and electronics engineering, Vol. 2, no. 3, June 2012, pp. 43- 48.
- Ravi Kant, Sunil Gupta and Harsh Khatter. “A Literature Survey on Black Hole Attacks on AODV Protocol in MANET.” International Journal of Computer Applications 80(16):22-26, October 2013, Impact Factor: 0.83.
- Amit Kumar, Sunil Gupta and Rashmi Sharma. “Authentication Protocol against Malicious Attack in Wireless Sensor Networks: A Review”. International Journal of Computer Applications 58(4):29-33, November 2012, Impact Factor: 0.83.
- Anuradha Tomar & Sunil Gupta “Wireless power Transmission: Applications and Components “International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT),Vol. 1 Issue 5, July 2012, page no 1-8, Impact Factor: 1.76.
- Sunil Gupta & Mriutnjay Singh “Cryptography Mechanisms for Access Control in Wireless Sensor Networks” Electronics For You: Issue: February 2010 Page: 59.
- Sunil Gupta and Goldie Gabrani "Medical Internet of Thing (MIoT) for Healthcare using cloud" is published in very reputed magazine CSI Communication Page no 24, May 2018.
- Sunil Gupta, Goldie Gabrani and Arushi G Bakshi, “Emotional Intelligence: The Secret Key of Successful Career”, CSI Communications, Volume No. 43, Issue No. 3, pp. 30-33,June 19.
- Sunil Gupta and Goldie Gabrani, “Big Data - The Road Ahead”,Cover Story in CSI ommunications, Volume No. 42, Issue No. 7, pp. 6-10 2018.
- Sunil Gupta and Goldie Gabrani, “Business Intelligence on Cloud (BIC) -Merits, Challenges and Solutions”, CSI Communications, Volume No. 42, Issue No. 7, pp. 28-32, Oct. 18.
- Sunil Gupta and Goldie Gabrani,“Real Time Sensor Grid based Secured Health Care Monitoring” Accepted in IEEE Computing conference 2017, 18-20 July, London.
- Sunil Gupta, “Authentication Framework against Malicious Attack in Mobile Wireless Sensor Networks” in Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2017,IMECS 2017, March 15 - 17, 2017, pp. 588-593, Hong Kong,ISBN: 978-988-14047-7-0,ISSN: 2078-0958 (Print); ISSN: 2078-0966 (Online).
- Sunil Gupta, Vikas Mittal, Tanupriya “Comparative Analysis of Authentication and Access Control Protocols against Malicious Attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks” Published in Special Session on “Computational Intelligence to Sustainable Computing through Data Sciences (CISCD)” ANITS-2017, Springer.
- Sunil Gupta and Goldie Gabrani, “A Dynamic Two-Level Priority based Authentication System for Job Scheduling in a Heterogeneous Grid Environment” Published in IEEE Technically Sponsored SAI Computing Conference 2016, 13-15 July, pp. 1100- 1106, London.ISBN (Print-On-Demand): 978-1-4673-8461-2 ISBN (Online): 978-1-4673-8460-5.
- Sunil Gupta and Akansha Mishra, “Analysis and Recommendation of Common Fault and Failure in Software Development Systems” Published in International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication Power & Embedded Systemscopes - IEEE 2016 October 03-05.
- Rajesh Yadav and Sunil Gupta, “Security Analysis of RSA and ECC in Mobile Wimax” Published in Published in International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication Power & Embedded Systemscopes - IEEE 2016 October 03-05.
- Mukesh Chawla and Sunil Gupta, “Security Framework for Data Aggregation in sensor cloud for Oil and Gas Industry” Published in International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication Power & Embedded System scopes - IEEE 2016 October 03-05.
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma & A.L Sangal “A Survey on secure access control for WSN.” Proceedings of ICIIN 2011” March 18- 20, 2011, Dubai, UAE
- Sunil Gupta, Narottam Chand “A Security against Malicious Attack in Wireless Sensor network,” Proceedings of APIIT, pp. 149-152, November 2008.
- Sunil Gupta, Mukesh Chawla “Artificial Innovation and Modeling Technology in Power system,” Proceeding of APIIT, pp. 52-56, Oct 2007.
- Sunil Gupta, Harsh K Verma & A.L Sangal “Authentication Protocol for Wireless sensor Network,” Proceedings of WASET, France, June 28-30,2010
- Sunil Gupta “Enhancing Security In Wireless Sensor Networks” Proceeding of ICE-FST-09, Sl No-10, April 2009.
- Sunil Gupta, Narottam Chand “Enhancing Security Against Malicious Attack in WSN”Proceeding of IEEE-IMS, ICIT-09, p.no- p528,april 2009
- Anuradha Tomar,Sunil Gupta “Substation Earthing Design for Homogeneous and Two layer Model” Proceeding of IEEE-IMS, ICIT- 09,p.no-p440, April 2009.
- Sunil Gupta, Anuradha Tomar “Improving Security Mechanisms For SCADA Control Networks” Proceeding of IEEE-IMS, ICIT-09,p.no- p526, April 2009
- Jaswinder Singh Dilawari, Sunil Gupta” Mobile Computing & Wireless Application Development - J2ME” Paper ID -CGV3084, Proceeding of WASET ( World academy of science, engineering and technology, CGVR'09: July 13-16, 2009, USA.
- Sunil Gupta, Er. Jaswinder Singh Dilawari ” Enhancing J2ME with Java FX” Paper ID - CGV3083, Proceeding of WASET ( World academy of science, engineering and technology, CGVR'09: July 13-16, 2009, USA.
- Sunil Gupta “Enhancing security features for Wireless sensor networks,” Proceedings of IACSIT, Chennai, India, 27-29 June, 2009.
- Anuradha Tomar, Sunil Gupta “Grounding Grid Methods and Various Impinging Parameters,” Proceedings of IAMA09,22, Chennai, India, 22-24 July, 2009 .
- Sunil Gupta “Cryptographic Management to Access Control in MANETs,” Proceedings of IAMA09, 22, Chennai, India, 22-24 July, 2009.
Poster / Invited Presentation
- Chaired a session on Cyber Security in International Conference on computational Intelligence, cyber security and smart grid(ICCCS-2017) organized by HMR Institute of Technology and Management, New Delhi India during 20-21 April 2017.
- Participated and Certified by MathWorks training service of MATLAB and Simulink for system and algorithm modelling, 14-18 March 2016.
- National Symposium on nanomaterial design: Bridging nanolength Scale, NSNMD2007 FNRC-06 on Advances in Engineering & Technology, August 2006
- National seminar on Bioinformatics in New Delhi organized by Fundastik solution Ltd, National seminar on emerging trade in computing and communication, ETCC-07
- Expert talk on “Security in wireless network” in a Faculty development program, Organized by computer science & engineering Department, IEC College of Engineering, Greater Noida, September 2009.