Dr. Anupam Bhandari
B.Sc.(P.C.M.), First Division, 2006, H.N.B. Garhwal Central University, Srinagar Garhwal, Uttarakhand
M.Sc. Mathematics, First Division, 2008, H.N.B. Garhwal Central University, Srinagar Garhwal, Uttarakhand
GATE qualified, 2009
Ph. D. Mathematics, 2014, NIT, Kurukshetra (An Institution of National Importance)
Thesis: Field-Induced Viscosity Effects on Ferrofluid Flow in the Presence of a Disk
Area of Specialization:
Ferrofluids, Heat Transfer, Mathematical Modelling
My recent publications are available on the following link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=46q_3GQAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate
Research & Publications:
International / National Journals:
- Paras Ram, Anupam Bhandari, Kushal Sharama: Effect of magnetic field-dependent viscosity on revolving ferrofluid, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials (JMMM), 322, pp.3476-3480 (2010): (Elsevier, Netherland)
- Paras Ram and Anupam Bhandari: Negative viscosity effects on ferrofluid flow due to a rotating disk, International Journal of Applied Electromagnetics and Mechanics (IJAEM), 41, pp. 467-478 (2013): (IOS Press, Netherland)
- Paras Ram and Anupam Bhandari: Flow characteristics of revolving Ferrofluid Flow with variable viscosity in a porous medium in the presence of a stationary disk, Fluid Dynamics and Materials Processing (FDMP), 8, pp. 437-451(2012): (Tech Science Press, USA)
- Paras Ram and Anupam Bhandari: Effect of phase difference between highly oscillating magnetic field and magnetization on the unsteady ferrofluid flow due to a rotating disk, Results in Physics (Elsevier), 3, pp. 55-60(2013)
- Paras Ram, Anupam Bhandari, Kushal Sharama: Axi-symmetric ferrofluid flow with rotating disk in a porous medium, International Journal of Fluid Mechanics (IJFM), 2, pp. 151-161 (2010)
- Paras Ram, Kushal Sharma, Anupam Bhandari: Effects of porosity on ferrofluid flow with rotating disk, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (IJAMM), 6, pp. 65-76 (2010)
- Anupam Bhandari and Vipin Kumar, Effect of porosity and magnetic field dependent viscosity on revolving ferrofluid flow in the presence of stationary disk, Fluid Dynamics & Materials Processing (Accepted)
- Anupam Bhandari and Vipin Kumar, Effect of magnetization force on ferrofluid flow due to a rotating disk in the presence of external magnetic field, European Physical Journal Plus
- Anupam Bhandari and Vipin Kumar, Magnetoviscous effects on the unsteady ferrofluid flow due to a rotating disk under the influence of low oscillating magnetic field, Acta Rehelogica
Conferences / Symposia / International Meet:
- Anupam Bhandari, Paras Ram, Kushal Sharma: Axi-symmetric ferrofluid flow with variable viscosity, Proceedings of 55th Congress ISTAM, held from 18-21, December, 2010 at National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himanchal Pradesh, INDIA
- Kushal Sharma, Paras Ram, Anupam Bhandari: Study of ferrofluid flow by recurrence relation method, Poceedings of 55th Congress ISTAM, held from 18-21, December, 2010 at National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himanchal Pradesh, INDIA
Workshop / Conference Attended:
- Poster Presented entitled “Various Working Models in Ferrohydrodynamics” in National Meet of Research Scholars (NMRSMS): IIT Roorkee (December 19-23, 2009)
- The national workshop entitled “National Workshop cum Training Program on Recent Trends in Fluid Mechanics” (NWCTP-RTFM) held at BHU, Varanasi(6-12 July, 2010)
- Attended 10 days National Workshop on Fluid Mechanics conducted by IIT Kharagpur during 20-30 May, 2014
- Attended 1 week teacher training program during 16-20 June, 2014 conducted UPES through National Institute of Teacher’s Training and Research, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Achievement & Awards:
- Young scientist award by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India and Uttarakhand Government for the project work on Traditional Seeds for sustainable agriculture
Honors and Achievements:
- In 2001, the Uttarakhand government honored me for representing the state in the National Children's Science Congress on the topic of traditional farming.
- At Bengal Engineering College in Kolkata, I presented a project on traditional farming at the National Children's Science Congress in 2001.
- Invited speaker at NIT Uttarakhand's national workshop on "Advanced Computational Techniques in Engineering Science and Mechanics" for faculty and research scholars on February 26, 2020.
- In 2008, I was invited to speak at the Human Rights Law Network in New Delhi about the Beej Bachao Andolan.
- Assisting international students to transform their knowledge of Chipko Movements, Beej Bachao Movements, and other social movements/social reforms in the Garhwal Himalayan regions on a volunteer basis.
- In 19998-1999, I joined a group of social activists on a foot march from Aarakot to Askot to collect traditional paddy seeds in Uttarakhand.
- Apply the mathematics to real-life problems
- Social movements to address environmental issues and women empowerment
- Social Justice related issues