Mr. Susmay Nandi
B.Sc. (Mathematics (Hons.), University of North Bengal, 2013
M.Sc. (Mathematics), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, 2015
B.Ed. (Science Group), University of North Bengal,2017
Ph.D. (Mathematics/Fluid Dynamics),National Institute of Technology Meghalaya, Thesis Submitted on 18/01/2022
Area of Specialization:
Boundary Layer Flows, Heat and Mass Transfer, Newtonian and Non-Newtonian Fluid Flow, Nanofluid and Hybrid nanofluid.
- Assistant Professor: University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun, 11th April 2022 Till Date.
Research & Publication:
No. Papers published in journals: 14
No. Papers presented in conferences: 2
No. Citations: 78 (H-Index 5; i-10 Index 3)
Google Scholar Id.: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=K0zfhVYAAAAJ&hl=en
Scopus Id.: www.researchgate.net/profile/Susmay-Nandi
Orcid Id.: www.orcid.org/0000-0003-3508-1886
Linkedin Id.: in.linkedin.com/in/Susmay-nandi-123257187
- S. Nandi, B. Kumbhakar and S. Sarkar, “MHD stagnation point flow of Fe3O4/Cu/Ag-CH3OH nanofluid along a convectively heated stretching sheet with partial slip and activation energy: numerical and statistical approach”, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 130, Article Id. 105791, 2022. Indexing: SCIE, SCOPUS, Q1, I.F. 5.683.
- S. Nandi, M. Das and B. Kumbhakar, “Entropy generation in magneto-Casson nanofluid flow along an inclined stretching sheet under porous medium with activation energy and variable heat source/sink.”, Journal of Nanofluids, Vol. 11, pp. 17-30, 2022. Indexing: SCOPUS, Q2, I.F. 1.74.
- S. Nandi, B. Kumbhakar and G. S. Seth, “Quadratic regression analysis of unsteady MHD free convective and radiative-dissipative stagnation flow of hybrid nanofluid over an exponentially stretching surface under porous medium.”, Chinese Journal of Physics, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjph.2021.12.011. Indexing: SCIE, SCOPUS, Q2, I.F. 3.237.
- B. Kumbhakar and S. Nandi, “Unsteady MHD radiative-dissipative flow of Cu-Al2O3/H2O hybrid nanofluid past a stretching sheet with slip and convective conditions: A regression analysis.”, Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, Vol. 194, pp. 563-587, 2022. Indexing: SCIE, SCOPUS, Q2, I.F. 3.237.
- B. Kumbhakar, S. Nandi and G. S. Seth, “Aspects of second-order velocity slip and radiation absorption on hydromagnetic stagnation point flow of Jeffrey fluid with chemical reaction.”, Heat Transfer, Recently Accepted, 2022. Indexing: SCOPUS, Q2, I.F. 2.42.
- M. Das, S. Nandi and B. Kumbhakar, “Hall effect on unsteady MHD 3D Carreau nanofluid flow past a stretching sheet with Navier’s slip and nonlinear thermal radiation.”, Palestine Journal of Mathematics, Recently Accepted, 2022. Indexing: SCOPUS.
- M. Das, S. Nandi, B. Kumbhakar and G. S. Seth, “Soret and Dufour effects on MHD nonlinear convective flow of tangent hyperbolic nanofluid over a bidirectional stretching sheet with multiple slips.”, Journal of Nanofluids, Vol. 10(2), pp. 200-213, 2021. Indexing: SCOPUS, Q2, I.F. 1.74.
- S. Nandi and B. Kumbhakar, “Entropy generation in MHD nanofluid flow induced by a slandering stretching sheet with activation energy, viscous dissipation and Joule heating impacts.”, Indian Journal of Physics, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12648-021-02206-x, Indexing: SCIE, SCOPUS, Q3, I.F. 1.947.
- S. Nandi and B. Kumbhakar, “Entropy generation in radiative MHD nanofluid flow past an inclined stretched surface with multiple slips in the presence of Arrhenius activation energy.”, Physica Scripta, Vol. 96(12), Article Id. 125225, 2021. Indexing: SCIE, SCOPUS, Q2, I.F. 2.487.
- S. Nandi and B. Kumbhakar, “Hall current and thermo-diffusion effects on magnetohydrodynamic convective flow near an oscillatory plate with ramped type thermal and solutal boundary conditions.”, Indian Journal of Physics, Vol. 96(3), pp. 763-776, 2021. Indexing: SCIE, SCOPUS, Q3, I.F. 1.947.
- S. Nandi and B. Kumbhakar, “Viscous dissipation and chemical reaction effects on tangent hyperbolic nanofluid flow past a stretching wedge with convective heating and Navier’s slip conditions.”, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transaction of Mechanical Engineering, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40997-021-00437-1. Indexing: SCIE, SCOPUS, Q2, I.F. 1.596.
- S. Nandi, B. Kumbhakar, G. S. Seth and A. J. Chamkha, “Features of 3D magneto-convective nonlinear radiative Williamson nanofluid flow with activation energy, multiple slips and Hall effect.”, Physica Scripta, Vol. 96(6), pp. Article Id. 065206, 2021. Indexing: SCIE, SCOPUS, Q2, I.F. 2.487.
- S. Nandi and B. Kumbhakar, “Navier’s slip effect on Carreau nanofluid flow past a convectively heated wedge in the presence of nonlinear thermal radiation and magnetic field.”, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 118, Article Id. 104813, 2020. Indexing: SCIE, SCOPUS, Q1, I.F. 5.683.
- S. Nandi and B. Kumbhakar, “Unsteady MHD free convective flow past a permeable vertical plate with periodic movement and slippage in the presence of Hall current and rotation.”, Thermal Science and Engineering Progress, Vol. 19, Article Id. 100561, 2020. Indexing: SCIE, SCOPUS, Q1, I.F. 4.395.
- Life Member: Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics.
- Recipient of MHRD Gate Fellowship during Ph.D.
National Exam Qualified:
- IIT-JAM 2013, All India Rank-671.
- GATE 2016, All India Rank-286.
Honours and Achievements:
- Received Institute best researcher award, awarded during the 3rd Research Conclave 2022 given by the National Institute of Technology Meghalaya, 28th Feb-1st March 2022.
- Received the best paper award in the First International Conference on Mathematics & Computation (ICMC-2021) during October 22–23, 2021.
- Received 3rd prize in oral presentation in Science & Humanities discipline for oral presentation, awarded during the Research Conclave 2021, 28th Feb-–1st March 2021.
- Waves in Random and Complex Media, Taylor & Francis