Dr. Santosh Kumar Joshi
Sr. Associate Professor
B.Sc. (PCM), Kumaun University, Nainital
M.Sc. (Physics), G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar
Ph.D. (Solid State Physics), Kumaun University, Nainital
UGC-CSIR NET (Physical Sciences)
- Sr. Associate Professor, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehardun, India. - July 2011- Till Date.
- Assistant Professor (Physics), Faculty of Science and Technology, The ICFAI University, Dehradun - June 2006 to July 2011
- Lecturer (Physics), Shobhit University, Meerut - September 2003 - May 2006
No. of Paper Published in Journals: 21
No. of Paper presented in Conferences: 20
No. of Book Chapters: 04
No. of Citations: 110
Area of Specialization:
- Computational Material Science, Atomistic Simulations.
List of Publications
- A neural network model of PV module temperature as a function of weather parameters prevailing in composite climate zone of India, Anish H. Verma, S. K. Joshi, Yogesh K. Singh & Santosh Dubey (2021) , International Journal of Ambient Energy, DOI: 10.1080/01430750.2021.1909132
- Experimental Investigations of Alpha Particle Irradiation of Natural Nickel; Varun V Savadi, D. P. Singh, S. K. Joshi, A Yadav, P. P. Singh, M. K. Sharma, Unnati, M. M. Mustafa, B. P. Singh & R. Prasad; Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Physics; Vol. 59, May 2021, pp. 386-390; [Q 2; 0.932, Weblink; http:// nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/12345678
- S. K. Joshi, Kailash Pandey, Sanjeev K. Singh, and Santosh Dubey, Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Deformation Behaviour of Gold Nanowires, Journal of Nanotechnology, 2019 (2019) Article ID 5710749 doi:10.1155/2019/5710749.
- Krishna Moorthi Sankar, Deepansha Kakkar, Santosh Dubey, Subrahmanyam V Garimella, MS Goyat, SK Joshi and Jitendra K Pandey, Theoretical and computational studies on nanofriction: A review. J Engineering Tribology, doi: 10.1177/1350650119863993.
- Varun .V. Savadi, D. P. Singh, S. K. Joshi, Ishfaq Majeed, Md. Shuaib, V. R. Sharma, A. Yadav, P. P. Singh, Unnati, M. K. Sharma, R. Kumar, B. P. Singh and R. Prasad, Thin Layer Activation analysis in 16O + 169Tm system at low energies, Materials Today Proceeding 17(2019) 96-100.
- D. P. Singh, Varun.V. Savadi, S. K. Joshi, Ishfaq Majeed, Md. Shuaib, V. R. Sharma, A. Yadav, P. P. Singh, Unnati, M. K. Sharma, R. Kumar, B. P. Singh and R. Prasad, Activity measurement in Terbium-159 material using heavy ion beams,Materials Today Proceeding17(2019) 66-70.
- R.K. Gupta, P. Kumar, V. Yadav, S. Arora, D.P. Singh, S.K. Joshi, A.K. Chawla and A. Biswas, Challenges and Opportunities in Fabrication of Transparent Super hydrophobic Surfaces, Current Nanoscience, 12 (2016) 429-447.
- Kailash Pandey and S. K. Joshi, Neutron Capture cross- section reactions for some minor-actinides, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 10 (2015) 52-54
- S. K. Joshi, B. S. Tewari, Rajeev Gupta and Santosh Dubey,Opto-thermal characterization of neodymium-doped zinc-phosphate glasses, International Journal of Science, Technology & Management, 4(2015)
- S. K. Joshi and Rajeev Gupta, Determination of optical properties of Neodymium-doped Zinc-Phosphate glasses, International Journal of ChemTech Research, 8(2015) 1346-1352
- B. S. Tewari, Archana Dhyani, S. K. Joshi, Santosh Dubey, and Kailash Pandey, Study of Magnetic Property of Sn Doped Ni-Zn-Fe Nanoparticles, Conference Papers in Science, Article ID 816970(2014) doi: 10.1155/2014/816970
- Santosh Dubey, S. K. Joshi, and B. S. Tewari, On the Issue of Radiation-Induced Instability in Binary Solid Solutions, Conference Papers in Science, Article ID 849241, (2014) doi: 10.1155/2014/849241
- J. C. Kapil, S. K. Joshi and A. K. Rai, Fabrication and performance of a low temperature Photoacoustic cell for thea samples like ice and snow, Defence Science Journal 54 (2004) 1-8
- H. Singh, S. K. Joshi, S. Rathore, T.K. Joshi, M.G.H. Zaidi and A. K. Rai, Study of optical and thermal properties of Polybisphenol A carbonate with Photoacoustic Spectroscopy, Instrumentation Science and Technology, 31 (2003)377-383
- J.C.Kapil, S. K. Joshi and A. K Rai, In situ Photoacoustic Investigation of some optically transparent samples like ice and snow, Review of Scientific Instruments, 74 (2003)3536
- S. K. Joshi, J. C. Kapil, A. K. Rai and M.G.H. Zaidi, Quantitative examination of Polymethyl methacrylate graft polybisphenol-A-carbonate copolymer by Photoacoustic Spectroscopy, Physica Status Solidi- a 199 (2003) 321-328
- S. K. Singhal, K. P. Singh, S. K. Joshi and A. K. Rai, Diagnosis and study of fungal diseases of wheat by photoacoustic spectroscopy. Current Science, 82(2002)172
- S. K. Joshi, A.K. Rai, R.C. Srivastava, J.P. Singh & D.K. Rai, Optical Spectra and Energy Band gap of Ni-Zn Ferrites, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 37(2001)2356
Conference (paper presented/attended):
- S. K. Joshi, D. P. Singh, Santosh Dubey, Molecular Dynamics Simulation studies of thermal properties of silver nanostructures, 6th International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, held at SRM University, Chennai during February 01-03, 2021
- Atomistic Simulation Studies of the Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Silver Nanowires as Interconnects for Nanoelectronics Applications, SK Joshi, DP Singh and Santosh Dubey (2021), Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1341. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-1510-8_12
- Atomistic Simulations Studies on the Mechanical Behaviour of Gold Nanostructures, International Conference on Advanced Materials, Energy and Environment sustainability, ICAMEES-2018, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, 14-15 December 2018.
- Temporal stiffness in metallic alloys under irradiation, 19th International Conference of International academy of Physical Sciences, October 17-19, 2016, Organized by Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, D. S. B. Campus, Nainital (Uttarakhand).
- Study of Atomic Scale Friction Using Atomic Force Microscopy and Molecular Dynamics Simulations, National conference on Alternate Energy Resources, Environment Protection and Global Economic Growth, 9-10 September 2016, DIT University, Dehradun. (Received Best Oral Presentation Award).
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations of deformation behavior of Metallic Nanowires, XXVII IUPAP Conference on Computational Physics CCP2015, 02-05 December 2015, IIT Guwahati
- Neutron Capture cross- section reactions for some minor-actinides" presented in 2nd International Conference on Recent Developments in Science, Engineering and Technology (REDSET 2015), 30-31 October 2015, held at School of Engineering, G. D. Goenka University, Gurgaon.
- Spectral density and Josephson current through two level quantum dot junction coupled to superconducting leads, National conference on condensed mater physics and application-2015 held at MIT, Manipal during 27-28 March 2015.
- Opto-thermal characterization of Neodymium-doped Zinc-Phosphate glasses, International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering Science and Management, March 15, 2015, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Study of Magnetic Property of Sn Doped Ni-Zn-Fe Nanoparticles, National Conference on Advances in Material Science for Energy Applications (AMSEA)-2014, during 9-10 January 2014 at Department of Physics, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun.
- Manganese Incorporated TitaniaNanopowder: Structural and Magnetic Investigations, National Conference on Advances in Material Science for Energy Applications (AMSEA)-2014, during 9-10 January 2014 at Department of Physics, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun.
- B. S. Tewari, Sudesh Sharma and Santosh Dubey, Laser Photoacoustic study of the thermo-physical properties of Zinc-Phosphate glasses, National Conference on Advances in Material Science for Energy Applications (AMSEA)-2014, during 9-10 January 2014 at Department of Physics, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun.
- On the issue of radiation-induced instability in binary solid solutions, National Conference on Advances in Material Science for Energy Applications (AMSEA)-2014, during 9-10 January 2014 at Department of Physics, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun.
- A Photoacoustic Spectroscopy based method for studying the thermal properties of Grafted Polymers, National Conference on Recent Advances in Condensed Matters Physics (RACMP 13), June 1-2, 2013
- Determination of various thermo-optical properties of some Zinc-Phosphate glasses, 4thUttarakhand State Council of Science and Technology Congress, held at G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, during 10-12 November 2009.
- Effective Thermal Diffusivity and Thermal Conductivity of natural snow using Photoacoustic phase measurement technique, The International Symposium on Snow Monitoring & Avalanches (ISSMA-2004) during 11-13 April 2004.
- Extended Helmholtz Resonant Cell for some optically transparent samples with special reference to ice and snow, The National Symposium on Instrumentation (NSI-28) at G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar during 3-5 November 2003.
- Photoacoustic Spectroscopy: A tool for the determination of polymer grafting, The National Symposium on Instrumentation (NSI-28) at G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar during 3-5 November 2003.
- Regression analysis based method for determination of percentage composition in the graft mixture of polycarbonate and plexiglass with their Photoacoustic Spectra, The National Conference on Lasers and spectroscopy held at Meerut college, Meerut during 25-28, February, 2003
- Determination of Energy band gap of Zinc Oxide Semiconductor, using Photoacoustic Spectroscopy, The National level conference- Semiconductor Materials and Recent Trends (SMART -99) held at G.B.Pant Univ. of Ag. & Tech., Pantnagar in November, 1999.
- S. K. Joshi, Jayant K. Jogi and S.K. Singhal. The Photoacoustic Spectroscopy technique for the powdered ferrite samples, Ferrite Nanostructured Magnetic Materials: Technologies and Applications, 1st Edition - August 1, 2022.
- S. K. Joshi, Molecular Dynamics Simulations for Structural Characterization and Property Prediction of Materials, Computational Technologies in Materials Science, 1st Edition (2021), CRC Press, ISBN 9781003121954
- S. K. Joshi, D. P. Singh, Santosh Dubey, Atomistic Simulation Studies of the Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Silver Nanowires as Interconnects for Nanoelectronics Applications, Intelligent Communication, Control and Devices, (2021) Pages 111-121, ISBN: 978-981-16-1510-8
Honours and Achievements:
- Recieved UPES Excellence Award for Teaching - 2019-20.