Research & Teaching Experience (excluding duration of PhD: 20 years)
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India, Faculty at Discipline of Earth Sciences, July 2017 to July 2021. http://www.iitgn.ac.in/academics/es
- University of Nebraska Lincoln (UNL), NE, USA, Visiting Faculty under Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) fellowship, May 2016 to March 2017. unl.edu/nanowater/group-members
- Tezpur University, INDIA, Assistant Professor and PhD supervision, Nov. 2010 to July 2017.
- The University of Tokyo, JAPAN, Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Post-Doctoral Fellow, April 2010 to January 2011
- Kunsan National University, S. KOREA, Post-Doctoral Fellow, 2009 ~ Feb, 2010
- University of Tokyo, JAPAN, MEXT Research Scholar, April 2006- Oct. 2006
- Uppsala University, SWEDEN, Research Student, 2005-March. 2006
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, INDIA, CSIR Junior Research Fellow, 2003-July 2005
Awards and Achievements:
- Expert Panel for UNEP, on “Antimicrobial Resistance and Impact on the Environment” in 2021.
- Member of Technical Advisory Group (TAG) for Grand Challenges India (GCI) program of Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST)-GoI, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Wellcome Trust
- Won two KPCSD COVID-19 Research Awards of worth 2 Lakhs each.
- Fellow, The Royal Society of Chemistry admitted on May, 2020.
- Letter of Appreciation for Teaching (2019-2020) from Dean (Academic), IIT Gandhinagar.
- Editorial Board Member, Nature Partner Journals (NPJ) Clean Water; Science of the Total Environment, Current Pollution Report, ES&T Engineering.
- Managing Guest Editor (MGE) for Journal for Hazardous Material, Science of the Total Environment, and J of Environmental Management.
- Member of Global collaboration on Wastewater-Based Epidemiology of COVID-19.
- Faculty Research Award by Careers 360 for being the top 10 knowledge producers in India for the academic year 2017-2018 in Environmental Science Discipline.
- Elected as South Asian Convener, International Water Association (IWA) Specialist Group, Metals and Related Substances in Drinking Water (METRELS) Since February 2018.
- Elected as a member of National Level Executive Committee for India, International Water Association (IWA).
- Best Poster Award (2018) at National Symposium on Environment (NSE), IITGN, Gandhinagar, India, December, 13 to 15th, 2018.
- Best Research Paper Award (2018) at 6th International Symposium on “Advances in Civil and Environmental Engineering Practices for Sustainable Development” (ACEPS-2018), ISSN: 2279-1329, Galle, Sri Lanka, Mar 15, 2018 for the paper “Status and Problem of Antibiotic Resistance Bacteria in the Kelani river, Sri Lanka”
- Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) Fellowship (2016) supported by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL), the Daugherty Water for Food Institute (DWFI) and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF).
- Research Grant Award (2014) by Kurita Water and Environment Foundation (KWEF), Tokyo, Japan
- Best Poster Award (2013) as co-author at “1st International Forum on Asian Water Environment Technology (IFAWET)” held in Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Best Poster Award (2013) as a co-author at the workshop on "Water Quality: Status and Strategies" Organized on 12th & 13th December, 2013 at Guwahati by Public Health Engineering Department, Govt. of Assam, IIT Guwahati, and UNICEF.
- Best Research Award (2012) with travel support at the 4th IWA Asia-Pacific Young Water Professionals (APWYP-2012) conference, Tokyo.
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Post-doctoral fellowship (2010-2012) The University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Post-doctoral fellowship (2009) under Brain-Korea (BK-21) project, Kunsan National University, South Korea.
- Young Researcher Fund (2007) from JSPS Centers of Excellence (COE), Tokyo, Japan.
- Monbukagakusho Scholarship (2006) in Environmental Sciences through HRD ministry of India.
- Linnaeus-Palme stipend (2005) as an exchange student from SIDA, Sweden.
- National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lectureship in Environmental Sciences (December 2003) conducted by University Grant Commission (UGC), India.
- Junior Research Fellowship / National Eligibility Test (JRF/NET) for Lectureship in Life Sciences (December 2003), conducted by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India.
- h-index >36, i10-index>88 with total citation (>4800) as per Google Scholar.
- Research Gate Score (43.1) is > 5 percentile of the research gate members worldwide.
- A reviewer of Research Proposal from STARS (Scheme for Translational and Advancement Research in Sciences).
- Associate Editor of three international journals, including of Elsevier.
- Accomplished Four special issues for international journals as the Lead Guest editor.
- Seven PhD awarded and 23 M.Sc., 4 M. Tech and 1 M.A thesis completed under my supervision.
- Member, Volunteer Committee, International Geological Congress (IGC) 2020
- Reviewer for Major Research Proposal submitted to the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES).
- Reviewer for Vikram Sarabhai Innovation Competition (VISION):2019, conducted by PRL.
- Over six published works have appeared among the most downloaded paper's list for the various journals.
- Kumar et al., 2009 entitled “Nutrient chemistry and salinity mapping of the Delhi aquifer, India: source identification perspective” appeared on the cover of Environmental Geology: Vol. 56 (6).
- Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing awarded in recognition of the contribution to the journal Water Research, Chemosphere, Science of the Total Environment, and several others.
- Kumar et al., 2006 secured first position in the most downloaded paper of Environmental Geology.
- The second position in the All India Entrance Examination-2002 for M.Phil / PhD in Environmental Sciences (Area–II) of Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- First prize in Remote sensing training program, held at Ahmadabad, in 2002.
Grants (∼50 million INR)
- UNICEF Gujarat, India -Wastewater Surveillance of COVID-19 in Ahmedabad (PI)
- KPCSD, IIT Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India -Wastewater Surveillance of COVID-19 of Gandhinagar (PI)
- DST, MoST, GoI-National Mission on Strategic Knowledge for Climate Change (NMSKCC). (Co-PI)
- MOES/NCESS-Submarine Groundwater Discharge (SGD) along the Gujarat Coast. (PI)
- GSBTM- GoG, Development of Environmentally and Economically Sustainable Composite Solution for Municipal Solid Waste Management, (PI)
- DST-UKIERI, Vulnerability Assessment and Sustainable Solution for Water Quality Management in the Urban Environment. (PI)
- WIN Foundation, USA, Pilot-scale in-situ application for arsenic and fluoride removal from the groundwater: A safe drinking water production perspective. (PI)
- Asia Pacific Network (APN) 2016-2018 for Global Change Research, Development of New Water Supply Strategies in Two Major cities of India and Sri Lanka in the context of climate change, rapid urbanization and population growth: A Vulnerability Assessment Approach. (PI)
- WIN Foundation, USA, Micro-components quantification of end uses of water consumption in low-income settings. (PI)
- Internal Funding, IIT Gandhinagar, Predictive modelling of geogenic contaminants in the groundwater. (PI)
- IJCSP (India-Japan Cooperative Science Program), 2016-2018 Development of new water supply strategies for Brahmaputra watersheds of India under climate change regime. (PI)
- BRNS-DAE Uranium Project, BARC, India, 2015-2018 Spatial distribution of uranium and associated water quality parameters in groundwater/drinking water of six districts (Golaghat, Karbi Anglong, Udalguri, Darrang, Dhemaji, Dibrugarh and Tinsukia) of Assam. (PI)
- Kurita Water and Environment Foundation (KWEF) Research Grant Award (2014-2015) Phase distribution of metals in a Tropical River of India during the Monsoon. PI
- University Grant Commission (UGC- Major Research Project), 2012-2015 Tracing Source and Distribution of Heavy Metals in the Sediment and Water of the Brahmaputra River through Coupling of Speciation and Isotopic Fingerprinting. (PI)
- Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) – Dept of Science and Technology (DST), India funded Fast Track Research Projects for Young Scientists (2012-2015), Hydrogeochemical investigation of arsenic-contaminated alluvial aquifers of India through multilayer sampling and evaluation of remediation technique. (PI)
- SERB-DST, Fast Track Projects for Young Scientists (DST), Understanding of arsenic phase distribution and co-contamination perspective with fluoride in the Brahmaputra flood plains. (Mentor)
Consultancy Projects [Worth ~ 5 million INR)
- Study Report for Groundwater Contamination Under CPCB Guideline for the Unit of M/S GCTL, Pvt Ltd. (PI)- CNS/GCTL/EH/237/2021/001 (11.8 Lakh)
- Study Report for Groundwater Contamination Under CPCB Guideline for the Unit of M/S AMBUJA Intermediates Pvt Ltd. (PI)- CNS/AIPL/EH/237/2021/003 (11.8 Lakh)
- Evaluation of the damage assessment of the Lime Stone mines in Junagadh and Gir Somnath District GPCB/LGL:NGT: Gen:109(2)/571461 (20.6 Lakh)
- Metagenomics study of the Ferment sample from M/S Synergia Life Sciences Pvt Ltd. CNS/SLS/EH/P0237/2021/0005 (2.5 Lakh)
- Patent Application No: 202021018416 dated 29.04.2020 Title: MAGNETIC HYBRID NANOCOMPOSITES AND A PROCESS FOR PREPARATION THEREOF
- Journals: 135
- Book: 6
- Book Chapters: 38
- Conference Proceedings: 60
- International Journals (International: 135 + National: 4 + Editorial:4)
- Corresponding author (First author: 46; Corresponding:113)
Top 10 Publications:
- Kumar, M.*, Joshi, M., Kuroda, K., Bhattacharya, P., Barcelo, D. (2021) First comparison of conventional activated sludge versus root-zone treatment for SARS-CoV-2 RNA removal from wastewaters: statistical and temporal significance. Chemical Engineering Journal. 425, 130635 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2021.130635
- Kumar, M.*, Dhangar, K., Thakur, A.K., Ram, B., Chaminda, T., Sharma, P., Kumar, A., Raval, N., Srivastava, V., Rinklebe, J., Kuroda, K., Sonne, C., Barcelo, D. (2021) Antidrug Resistance in the Indian Ambient Waters of Ahmedabad during 2 the COVID-19 Pandemic. Journal of Hazardous Material. 126125 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2021.126125
- Kumar, M.*, Patel, A.K., Shah, A.V., Raval, J., Rajpara, N., Joshi, M., & Joshi, C.G. (2020). The first proof of the capability of wastewater surveillance for COVID-19 in India through the detection of the genetic material of SARS-CoV-2. Science of The Total Environment, 746, 141326. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.06.16.20133215.
- Kumar, M.*, Gogoi, A., Mukherjeea, S. (2020) Metal removal, partitioning and phase distributions in the wastewater and sludge: Performance evaluation of conventional, upflow anaerobic sludge blanket and downflow hanging sponge treatment systems. Journal of Cleaner Production. 249, 119426. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.119426.
- Singh, A., Patel, A.K., Deka, J.P., Kumar, M.* (2020) Natural recharge transcends anthropogenic forcing that influences Arsenic vulnerability of the Quaternary Alluviums of the Mid-Gangetic Plain. NPJ Clean Water, https://doi.org/10.1038/s41545-020-0075-5
- Raval, N., Kumar, M.*, (2020) Geogenic Arsenic Removal through Core–shell based Functionalized Nanoparticles: Groundwater in-situ treatment perspective in the Post-COVID Anthropocene. Journal of Hazardous Material https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2020.123466
- Taki, K., Gahlot, R., Kumar, M.* (2020). Utilization of Fly Ash Amended Sewage Sludge as Brick for Sustainable Building Material with Special Emphasis on Dimensional Effect. Journal of Cleaner Production, 275, 123942. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.123942.
- Kumar, M.*, Snow, D. Li Y. Shea., P. (2019). Perchlorate behavior in the context of black carbon and metal cogeneration following fireworks emission at Oak Lake, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA. Environmental Pollution, 253, 930-938. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2019.07.038
- Kumar, M., Rao, M.S*., Kumar, B. and Ramanathan, A. (2011) Identification of aquifer-recharge zones and sources in an urban development area (Delhi, India), by correlating isotopic tracers with hydrological features. Hydrogeology Journal, 19, 463-474, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10040-010-0692-z
- Kumar, M.*, Ramanathan, AL*., Keshri, A.K., (2009) Understanding the extent of interactions between groundwater and surface water through major ion chemistry and multivariate statistical techniques. Hydrological Processes, 23, 297-310, https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.7149
Another 15 Significant Publications:
- Kumar, M.*, Sharma, A., Tabhani, N., Otaki, Y. (2021). Indoor water end-use pattern and its prospective determinants in the twin cities of Gujarat, India: Enabling targeted urban water management strategies
Journal of Environmental Management. Journal of Environmental Management, 288:112403
- Taki, K., Raval, N., Kumar, M.* (2021). Utilization of sewage sludge derived magnetized geopolymeric adsorbent for geogenic arsenic removal: A sustainable groundwater in-situ treatment perspective.Journal of Cleaner Production, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2021.126466
- Kumar, M.*, Joshi, M., Patel, A. K., & Joshi, C. G. (2021). Unraveling the early warning capability of wastewater surveillance for COVID-19: a temporal study on SARS-CoV-2 RNA detection and need for escalation. Environmental Research https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.12.22.20248744
- Kumar, M.*,, Kuroda, K., Dhangar, K., Mazumder, P., Sonne, C., Rinklebe, J. (2020). Potential emergence of antiviral-resistant pandemic viruses via environmental drug exposure of animal reservoirs. Environmental Science & Technology https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.0c03105
- Kumar, M.*, Chaminda, G. T., & Honda, R. (2020). Seasonality impels the antibiotic resistance in Kelani River of the emerging economy of Sri Lanka. npj Clean Water, 3, 1, 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41545-020-0058-6
- Kumar, M.*,, Furumai, H., Kasuga, I., & Kurisu, F. (2020). Metal partitioning and leaching vulnerability in soil, soakaway sediments, and road dust in the urban area of Japan. Chemosphere, 126605. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.126605
- Kumar, M* (2020). Runoff from firework manufacturing as major perchlorate source in the surface waters around Diwali in Ahmedabad, India. Journal of Environmental Management, 273, 111091. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2020.111091
- Kumar, M.*, Ram, R. Honda, C. Poopipattana, V.D. Canh, T. Chaminda, H. Furumai. (2019). Concurrence of Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria (ARB), Viruses, Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products (PPCPs) in Ambient Waters of Guwahati, India: Urban Vulnerability and Resilience Perspective. Science of the Total Environment, 693, 133640 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.133640
- Kumar, M.*, Goswami, N. Awasthi and R. Das (2019). “Provenance and fate of trace and rare earth elements in the sediment-aquifers systems of Majuli River Island, India,” Chemosphere, 237, 124477 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2019.124477
- Kumar, M.*, Das, N., Goswami, R., Sarma, K. P., Bhattacharya, P., Ramanathan, A. L. (2016). Coupling fractionation and batch desorption to understand arsenic and fluoride co-contamination in the aquifer system”. Chemosphere 164, 657-667 , https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2016.08.075
- Kumar, M.*, Rao, M. S., Deka, J. P., Ramanathan, A. L., Kumar, B. (2015). Integrated hydrogeochemical, isotopic and geomorphological depiction of the groundwater salinization in the aquifer system of Delhi, India. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 111, 936-947. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2015.08.018
- Kumar, M.*, H. Furumai, F. Kurisu and I. Kasuga (2013) Tracing source and distribution of heavy metals in road dust, soil and soakaway sediment through speciation and isotope fingerprinting. Geoderma, 211, 8-17, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoderma.2013.07.004
- Kumar, M*, Furumai, H., Kurisu, F. Kasuga, I. (2013) Potential Mobility of Heavy Metals through Coupled Application of Sequential Extraction and Isotopic exchange: Comparison of leaching tests applied to soil and soakaway sediment. Chemosphere, 90, 796-804, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2012.09.082
- Kumar, M.*, Kumar, P., Ramanathan, A.L., Bhattacharya, P., Thunvik, R., Singh, U.K., Tsujimura, M. and Sracek, O. (2010) Arsenic enrichment in groundwater in the Middle Gangetic Plain of Ghazipur District in Uttar Pradesh, India. Journal of Geochemical Exploration, 105, 83-94, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12594-012-0044-9
- Kumar, M.*, Ramanathan, A.L., Rao, M.S. and Kumar, B., (2006) Identification and evaluation of hydrogeochemical processes in the groundwater environment of Delhi, India. Environmental Geology, 50, 1025-1039, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00254-006-0275-4
Under Review (UR)/Revision Submitted (RS):
- Li, X., Kulandaivelu, J., Guo, Y., Zhang, S., Shi, J., O’Brien, J., Luby, S.P., Jackson, G., Sherchan, S.P., Honda, R., Arora, S., Kumar, M., Jiang, G., (RS) Potential role of sputum as a major SARS-CoV-2 virus shedding source in wastewater and implications for wastewater-based epidemiology. Water Research
- Kumar, M.*, Dhangar, K., Kuroda, K., Barcelo, D., & Furumai, H. (UR) Monsoon dilutes the concurrence but increases the correlation of viruses and Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products (PPCPs): the context of pandemic viruses. Science of The Total Environment,
- Verma, K., Jha, PK., Mukherjee, S., Singhal, A., & Kumar M* (UR). Organic Geochemistry of Riverine Ecosystem: Insights on Geochemical Fingerprinting and Tracing using Biomarkers and Stable Isotopes.Chemosphere,
- Thakur, A., & Kumar, M* (UR). Trends in temporal variation of SARS-CoV-2 genetic material detected through wastewater surveillance: Pragmatic or Latent. Environmental Research.
Books Edited and Editing (n=6)
- Kumar, M., Snow, D.D., Honda, R., Mukherjee, S. (2020). Contaminants of Emerging Concern in Drinking and Wastewater Source: Current status, Challenges, and Reigning Technologies. (ISBN 978-981-15-4599-3). Springer Nature. https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811545986
- Kumar, M., Munoz-Arriola, F., Furumai, H., Chaminda, T. (2020). Resilience, Response and Risk in Water Systems. (ISBN 978-981-15-4667-9), Springer Nature. https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811546679
- Kumar, M., Snow, D.D., Honda, R. (2020). Emerging Issues in the Water Environment during Anthropocene: A South East Asian Perspective. Springer Nature, (ISBN 978-93-81891-41-4) https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789813297708
- Kurisu, F., Ramanathan, AL., Kazmi, A.A., Kumar, M. (2015). Trends in Environmental Science and Technology. Capital-Springer, (ISBN 978-93-81891-28-5) https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319392578
- Kumar, M (2012) “Problems, Perspectives and Challenges of Agricultural Water Management” In-Tech international publication, ISBN 979-953-307-706-1 https://www.intechopen.com/books/problems-perspectives-and-challenges-of-agricultural-water-management
- Chidambaram, S., Srinivasamoorthy, K., Ramanathan, AL., Anandhan, P., Manivannan, R., Parasad, M.B.K., Kumar, M. (2010) “Groundwater Monitoring and Management through hydrogeochemical Modeling approach”, IK international, 142p ISBN-13:978-9380578163. https://www.ikbooks.com/books/book/engineering-computer-science/civil-engineering/groundwater-monitoring-management-through-hydrogeochemical-modeling-approach/9789380578163/
- Kumar, M., Vithanage, M., Mohapatra, S., Acharya, K., (In Press). Legacy, Pathogenic and Emerging Contaminants in the Environment of Post COVID-19 Anthropocene. Volume. 1 CRC Press
- Tyagi, V.K., Kumar, M., Zeynep, C.G., Alicia., An., (In Press). Clean Energy & Resource Recovery: Wastewater Treatment Plants are Biorefineries. Elsevier,
- Ramanathan, Al., Kumar, M., Kuroda, K., Mukherjee, S., (Contract signed). Sustainable strategies and sustenance of aquatic systems in the Asia. Elsevier,
- Kumar, M., Mohapatra, S. (Proposal Accepted). Impact of COVID-19 on Emerging Contaminants. Springer Nature, (ISBN 978-93-81891-41-4) https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789813297708
- Kumar, M., Mohapatra, S., Acharya, K., (Proposal Accepted). Legacy, Pathogenic and Emerging Contaminants in the Environment of Post COVID-19 Anthropocene. Volume. 2. CRC Press for Sustainable Water Development Book Series.
- Kumar, M., Mohapatra, S. (Proposal Accepted). Impact of COVID-19 on Emerging Contaminants. Springer Nature,
Selected Conferences where full papers/extended abstracts were presented/published (n = 59)
- Indo-UK virtual conference on the 5C’s of water vulnerability from Dec 14 to 16, 2020.
- Global Water Security Symposium at Newcastle University 23-24 January 2020.
- 36th International Geological Congress, to be held
- 2nd symposium on Next Generation Sequencing, Probiotics and Other Technologies for Water Quality Management in Aquaculture (NGS-WQM 2019)” at KMUTT, Bangkok, Thailand on 19th
- AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco, California. USA 9th-13th Dec 2019.
- Water and development congress and exhibition (IWA 2019), 1st – 5th December 2019, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- National Disaster Management Research Institute, Ulsan, South Korea, 26th – 27th October 2019.
- 8th International Groundwater Conference on Sustainable Management of Soil-Water Resources, held at IIT Roorkee 21st - 24th October 2019.
- 19th IWA International Conference on Diffuse Pollution and Eutrophication (DIPCON 2019), held at JEJU Islands, Korea 27th – 31st October 2019.
- EGU General Assembly 2018: at Vienna, Austria 8-13th April, 2018
- 45th IAH Congress, Groundwater and Life: Science and Technology into Action, Daejeon, Korea 9th – 14th September 2018.
- A6th International Symposium on “Advances in Civil and Environmental Engineering Practices for Sustainable Development” (ACEPS-2018), pp: 87-91, ISSN: 2279-1329, Galle, Sri Lanka, Mar, 15, 2018
- Twentieth National Symposium on Environment, held at IIT Gandhinagar (13-15 December 2018)
- GSA Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA – 2018
- Geological Society of America (GSA) Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington, USA.
- International Water Association (IWA) World Water Congress& Exhibition, 9th -14th October 2016 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
- 6th International Congress on Arsenic in the Environment – Arsenic Research and Global Sustainability (As2016), 19-23 June 2016 – Stockholm, Sweden. Arsenic congress 2016
- Sixth International Groundwater Conference (IGWC-2015), SRM University, Chennai Tamil Nadu, India and Association of Global Groundwater Scientists (AGGS), India.
- 10th International Symposium on Southeast Asian Water Environmental, Vol.10 (Part II), Hanoi, Vietnam (8-10th November 2012)
- 12th International Conference on Integrated Diffuse Pollution Management, Khon Kaen, Thailand, (25 – 29thAugust).
- International Conference on Hydrology in Asia, Guanghou, China, (8th -10thJune).
- International conference on Groundwater for Sustainable Development: Problems, Perspectives and Challenges (IGC-2006), New Delhi (1- 4th).
- Ashwin Singh (D. in Civil Engineering ongoing, since 2018) Groundwater Predictive Modelling for Geogenic Contaminants. (GATE qualified)- Candidate is allowed to submit his thesis.
- Chandrasekhar Bhagat (D. in Civil Engineering ongoing, since 2018) PPCPs and antibiotics in the surface and wastewater. (GATE qualified)
- Kaling Taki (D. in Civil Engineering awarded in 2021) Sustainable Utilization of Sludge. (Assistant Professor)
- Arbind Kumar Patel (D. Awarded in 2019) Hydro-geochemical controls on arsenic mobilization and associated health risk in the alluvial aquifers of The Ganga and The Brahmaputra floodplain, India. National Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Anindita Gogoi (D. Awarded in 2017) Metal transport and complexation in fresh and waste water systems using sequential extraction, biotic ligand and speciation models. Maternity Break
- Aparna Das (D. Awarded in 2016) Coupled application of geochemistry, isotope and SWAT modeling to understanding nutrient dynamics in the Brahmaputra River system. World Development Bank Project Staff
- Jyoti Prakash Deka (D. Awarded in 2016) Imprints of long-range transported pollution on Eastern Himalayan high altitude lakes through geochemical, isotopic, and anthropogenic signature. (Assistant Professor)
- Nilotpal Das (D. Awarded in 2016) Understanding arsenic phase distribution and co-contamination perspective with fluoride in the Brahmaputra flood plains, Assam, India. NPDF
- Pallavi Das (D. Awarded in 2016 ) Assessment of heavy metal behavior in the context of sediment-water interaction and climate change: A study on the Brahmaputra River, Assam. (Assistant Professor)
Master Dissertation Supervised (n=23) and Ongoing
At IIT Gandhinagar
- Rahul Upadhyay (MTech. Civil Engineering: 2018-2019). Fate of Black carbon and Perchlorate in Aquatic Environment
- Bhagwana Ram (MTech. Civil Engineering: 2018-2019). Antibiotic Resistance in Ambient Water.
- Omi Kumari (M.A. Humanity and Social Sciences: 2018- 2019). New Water Supply Strategies and Policy.
- Alok Thakur (MTech. Earth Sciences, 2019-2020). PRB techniques for contaminant removal.
- Nivedita Pradhan (MTech. Civil Engineering: 2019-2020). Nitrate and Phosphate Removal
Several Independent projects including that of B.Tech
- Anurag Kumar Gupta (Tech. Civil Engineering: 2017) River sediment and metal pollution.
- Anant Agarwal ( Tech. Civil Engineering: 2017) Microplastic in Sabarmati.
At Tezpur University
- Aparna Das (2010-2011). Identification and evaluation of hydrogeochemical processes of groundwater and its suitability for drinking and irrigation in Diphu, Assam.
- Sangeeta Singh (2011- 2012). Geochemical characterization of the Eastern Himalayan high altitude lake to evaluate the seasonal variation and its impact. UGC NET
- Rahul Choudhury (2011- 2012). Monitoring and Assessment of Seasonal Variation in Water and Sediment Quality Parameters of Sangetsar Lake, Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh. UGC NET
- GomanTayeng (2011-2012). Comparative study of hydrogeochemical characteristics of two high altitude lake (hal) in Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh, India
- Rinkumoni Borah (2012- 2013). Integrated Evaluation of Spatial Distribution and Potential Mobility of Arsenic, Copper and Zinc in surficial sediments of the Brahmaputra River, Assam, India. UGC NET
- Sudipta Biswas (2012- 2013). Effect of vermicomposting on heavy metal removal in activated sludge with special emphasis on sorption and desorption characteristics. UGC NET
- Beli Boruah (2012- 2013). Phosphorous fractionation in surficial sediments of the Eastern Himalayan high altitude lakes, India
- Gopashree Deka (2013- 2014). Hydrogeochemical influence on arsenic enrichment in the groundwater of Jorhat district: a case study from the south bank of the Brahmaputra River.
- Parismita Deka (2013- 2014). Tracing the factors governing arsenic enrichment in Nagaon district, the southern floodplains of Brahmaputra River, Assam
- Sirat Sandil (2014- 2015). Distribution of phosphorous and metals in different fractions of surficial sediments in High altitude lakes, Eastern Himalayas
- Sunayana Biswas (2014- 2015). Removal of Cadmium and Lead using low-cost biosorbent- Burmese grape (Baccaurearamiflora) and its applicability in the natural water system.
- Monalisa Chowlu (2014- 2015). Geochemical investigation and mineralogical assemblage of Noa-Dihing River and Burhi Dihing, South bank tributaries of the Brahmaputra River
- Jyoti Chitrakar (2014- 2015). Hydrogeochemical characterization & quality assessment of the groundwater at urban landuse (Guwahati)
- Syed M Ali Shah (2014- 2015). Water Quality of High altitude lake in Ladakh, India
- Wetipa Mounglang (2015- 2016). Nutrient profiling of the Brahmaputra River water and sediment with an emphasis on Phosphorus Fractionation
- Moni Ghosh (2015- 2016). Phase distribution and chemical partitioning of metals in wastewater and sewage sludge
Other institute/Foreign student
- Krishnarpita Barua (Forest Research Institute Dehradun, Sc. Environmental Science: 2015-2016). Significance of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons monitoring in the Himalayan high altitude Lake.
- Himaya Sandamini (University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka, Tech. Civil and Environmental Engineering: June 2016-May, 2018) Antibiotic resistance in Kelani River, Srilanka.
- Ritusmita Goswami, Arsenic phase distribution and co-contamination perspective SERB Young Scientist
- Santanu Mukherjee, Development of low-cost novel biomaterials National Post-Doctoral Fellow
- Nirav P. Raval, Pilot scale in-situ application for arsenic and fluoride removal Post-doctoral Fellow
- Arbind Kumar Patel Arsenic and fluoride co-contamination Research Associate
- Pinky Taneja Micro-components quantification of end uses of water consumption Post-doctoral Fellow
Selected Media Quoting for Research
- Title: India Fights back: Episode 187 Source: Rajya Sabha TV Date: 07/01/2021
- Title: Wastewater surveillance can warn of COVID-19 spikes two weeks in advance IIT Gandhinagar study Source: Press Trust of India Date: 06/01/2021
- Title: Testing not enough, scientists examine sewage to gauge spread of coronavirus Source: Press Trust of India Date: 01/05/2020
- Title: Ahmedabad: ‘Sewage water tests can signal Covid-19 Source: Times of India Date: 19/04/2020
Title: IIT- Gandhinagar to undertake study to find out survival of coronavirus in human waste Source: Hindustan Times Date: 18/04/2020
- Title: Tracking sewage to surveil COVID-19 Source: Mongabay Date: 15/04/2020
- Title: How drug resistance spreads in urban environment Source: Down to Earth Date: 28/10/2019
- Title: This is how drug resistance spreads in urban environments Source: gov.in Date: 28/10/2019
- Title: Assam groundwater contamination will worsen, Expert warn
Source: india.ucanews Date: 29/03/2019
- Title: Discarded batteries to fight metals Source: Times of India Date: 15/04/2019
- Title: Improve pollution measurement: Experts Source: Times of India (Pg. no. 4) Date: 15/12/2018
- Title: Flow of clear thoughts sweeps away apathy Title: Ideas Pour In At TOI-IIT-Gn-Asia Pacific Network Round Table Source: Times of India (Pg. no. 2) Source: Times of India Date: 16/12/2018
- Title: Sabarmati heavy metals may soon hit your plate Source: Times of India (Pg. no. 4) Date: 05/12/2018
- Title: Superbugs slosh round in fish sold in Anand city (Quoted Prof Manish Kumar (ES) Source: Times of India (Pg. no. 4) Date: 01/12/2018
- Story 1 Title: Sewage Sinks Sabarmati - Filth Nurtures Bugs Resistant To Antibiotics Story 2 Title: Pirana superbugs flow into Chandola lake Source: Times of India (Follow up special stories, Pg. no. 2) Date: 28/11/2018
- Title: Sant’s river needs satyagraha against superbugs Sabarmati Riverfront Flush with Antibiotic-Resistant E. Coli: Study
Source: Times of India (Front Page Anchor Story) Date: 27/11/2018
Keynote /Invited Talks / Presentation:
- Delivered two Vaibhav Summit Panel Talks conducted by NEERI, India.
- Invited Speaker at Several Webinars on Wastewater based COVID_19 monitoring including for i) University of Surrey, UK; ii) National University of Singapore (NUS), iii) Gujarat Pollution Control Board; iv) Water-Aid, India; v) Sulabh India; vi) Jharkhand Central University; vii) IGNTU, India and viii) UNC Water & Health conference, USA.
- Delivered National Technology Day Lecture for NEERI, India. 11th May 2020.
- Invited as Keynote Speaker at 2nd symposium on Next Generation Sequencing, Probiotics and Other Technologies for Water Quality Management in Aquaculture (NGS-WQM 2019) Bangkok, Thailand on 19th December 2019
- Delivered Keynote at IIT Roorkee for 8th International Groundwater Conference on Sustainable Management of Soil-Water Resources held from 21st - 24th October 2019.
- Delivered Invited Talk at National Disaster Management Institute (NDMI), Ulsan, South Korea, 26th – 27th October 2019.
- Invited Speaker at Indo-US Bilateral Workshop on “Water-Food-Energy-Climate nexus: A perspective towards a sustainable future” (WFEC nexus-2018) at BHU, Varanasi, India on 16-21 November 2018.
- Delivered a Keynote at Advances in Civil and Environmental Engineering Practices for Sustainable Development” (ACEPS-2018) in Sri Lanka on 15th March 2018.
- Delivered a special RECWET guest lecture at the University of Tokyo, Japan on 23rd January, 2018.
- Invited talk delivered at the International Seminar during 18-20th Jan, 2018 at NERIWALM, Tezpur, Assam.
- Invited talk on “Metals in the environment: Fate and Transport”, Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University. 4th October, 2017.
- Invited talk in Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Patna, Bihar. 5th December, 2016.
- Invited talk for Weber Microbial Biogoechemistry & Geomicrobiology Lab, Manter Hall, University of Nebraska Licoln, 20th October, 2016.
- Invited talk on “The interface of water quality and quantity: Challenges and Future Scenarios”, Dept. of Soil, Environmental and Atmospheric Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, 7th July, 2016.
- Invited talk on “Metal fate and transport in the environment: Challenges and Opportunities”, at Water Resources Research Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, 7th July, 2016.
- Invited talk in National seminar on “Past and Present Geochemical Processes - Impacts on Climate Change, 22nd-23rd December, 2015, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- Invited talk in colloquium on Isotopic fingerprinting of Water in India (IWIN) at Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), 2015.
- Invited Delegate in the Workshop on “UASB-DHS Integrated System-A sustainable sewage treatment technology “organized by JICA and JST at New Delhi, India, October, 2014
- Invited Environment Day Talk at Centre for Environment, IIT Guwahati Project Team and UNICEF.
- Invited talk in the regional seminar on Rainwater Harvesting organized on 16th -17th December, 2014 at North Eastern Regional Institute of Water and Land Management (NERIWALM), Tezpur, Assam.
- Invited talk at the Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University on 13th October, 2014.
- Invited Talk at National Meet for organizers of INSPIRE Internship Camps-2014, 29th–30th May, 2014, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Invited Talk in The 1st International Forum on Asian Water Environment Technology (IFAWET) on 18th – 20th December, 2013.
- Invited Talk at Water and Sanitation Support Organization (WSSO), Public Health Engineering Department, Govt. of Assam with support from IIT Guwahati and UNICEF.
- Sponsored Presentation at 10th International Symposium on Southeast Asian Water Environmental, 2012, Hanoi, Vietnam, 8th -10th November 2012.
- Invited talk at School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), 3rd & 4th October, 2012.
- Sponsored Presentation in The 9th International Symposium on Southeast Asian Water Environment (9th SEAWE) 1st -3rd December, 2011
Outreach /Extension Experience
- Panellists on India Fights Back on COVID-19, Rajya Sabha TV episode 187 aired on 7th January, 2021.
- Convener, 5C’s of water vulnerability: Indo-UK Conferenceby IITGN and Newcastle University, UK 14th to 16th December, 2020.
- Convener, Local Organizing Committee for Twentieth National Symposium on Environment (NSE-20)by IITGN in collaboration with the Health, Safety & Environment Group, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Co-Chair, Technical session, (5) Disasters and groundwater, at 45th IAH Congress, Korea 9th – 14th September 2018.
- Co-Chair, Technical session: (2) Environmental drivers changing hydrologic system and consequences with Nam-Chil Woo, at 45th IAH Congress, Daejeon, Korea 9th – 14th September 2018.
- Convener of NH8.1/HS5.13/SSS13.60 sessions on Arsenic and other contaminants in soil and groundwater: interventions for source control and regulatory compliance (co-organized) in European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly 2018, Vienna Austria, 13th April, 2018.
- Convener of T3: Global/Regional Environmental Changes and Their Consequences at the 45th International Association of Hydrogeologist (IAH) Congress being organized at Daejoeon, South Korea during September 9-14th, 2018
- Served as Technical Director for the International Seminar on “Land and Water Issues in South East Asia” during 18-20th Jan, 2018 at NERIWALM, Tezpur, Assam.
- Organizing committee member for the symposium on “Advances in Civil and Environmental Engineering Practices for Sustainable Development” (ACEPS-2018) in Sri Lanka on 15th March, 2018.
- Convener, at International Symposium on Sustainable Urban Environment (ISSUE 2017), Asia Pacific Network (APN)-Global Change Research (GCR) organized by Tezpur University Assam, India, 23rd - 24th June 2017. http://www.tezu.ernet.in/denvsc/ISSUE/index.html
- Resource Person for Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) Govt. of India sponsored International Workshop on “Hydrology: An Interdisciplinary Science of Water” under Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) held at Tezpur University from 4th-14th January, 2016.
- Resource Person for “Training of Master Trainers on Teaching and Learning of Environment with Special Reference to the Project Books Developed by NCERT and adapted by SCERT” North East Regional Institute of Education, National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), Shillong, Meghalaya 03rd - 06thNovember, 2015. (Resource Person for the entire workshop)
- Invited Delegate in the Workshop on “UASB-DHS Integrated System-A sustainable sewage treatment technology “organized by JICA and JST at New Delhi, India, October, 2014
- Resource Person for “Training of laboratory assistants and teacher-in-charges of school laboratories of Sikkim government secondary schools on the use of school laboratories” North East Regional Institute of Education (NERIE), National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), Shillong, Meghalaya from 10thto 14th February, 2014.
- Resource Person, DST-INSPIRE Science Camp (23rd -27th December, 2013), Tezpur University Campus.
- Resource Person “DST-INSPIRE Science Camp (11th -16th December, 2012), Tezpur University Campus.
Discipline & Institute Committees
- Invited Senate Member, IIT Gandhinagar (2018- 2019)
- Coordinator for Earth Science Lecture Series: Faculty advisor for M.Tech and PhD.
- Developing the webpage for the discipline, which is functional now.
- PhD Admission Panel Coordinator in Phase –I and II 2017-2018 (Sem II).
- Member MTech/PGDIIT Admission Committee.
- Coordinated PRL (Geoscience)-IITGN (Earth Science) roundtable discussion for the possibility of a joint academic program.
- Planned and pursuing the process for Earth Science Laboratory establishment.
- Doctoral Committee Member of PhD student at the discipline.
- Progress evaluation committee member of two Post-doctoral fellows at the discipline.
- Coordinated the recruitment of two Post-doctoral fellows for the discipline.
- Coordinator of Centre for Sustainable Development
- Member of the Faculty Search Committee (Earth Science Representative) 2018-19
- Member of Green Campus Committee. (2018-onewards)
- Panel member of CDS mock viva and Grievance cell.
- Doctoral Committee Member of two PhD students outside of the discipline.
- Member of library committee (2017-2018).
- Member of grade verification committee.
- Supported School Children Outreach Program and Gujarat Maritime Training Program as well as Design for Billion Program as resource person.
- Member of Purchase Committee for more than 15 instruments.
- External member in PhD admission of Mathematics and Civil Engineering.
- Member of counselling committee for B.Tech students.
- University of Nebraska Lincoln (UNL), NE, USA, Visiting Faculty under WARI fellowship, May, 2016 to March, 2017.
- Indian society for technical education (ISTE) Short term training programme (STTP) on Environmental Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 2nd to 12th June, 2015
- UGC sponsored orientation course, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India, 10th November to 5th December, 2014
- Indo-German Partnering Post Kolleg Workshop on 3D GIS and Hydrogeological Flow Modelling, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India, 10th to 12th February, 2013
- Agricultural Runoff and Eutrophication, Khon Kaen University, Thailand, August, 2008
- Training course of Info Works: Simulation of combined sewer over (CSO) flow in an urban setup, University of Tokyo, Japan, May, 2008
- Hydrological Modeling and Subsurface Hydrology, Uppsala University, Sweden, August, 2005 to February, 2006
- Short term training course on Mathematical Models in Hydrogeochemistry: Assessment of Ground Water Quality and Management, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India, 19th September to 5th October 2005
- Mathematical Modeling of Ground Water Flow and Mass transport through theory and hands on training, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India, November, 2004
- Groundwater Dynamics in hard rock Aquifer, IFCGR/NGRI, Hyderabad, India, June, 2004
- Hand on Training Workshop on “Remote sensing and its application”, Centre for Environment Planning and Technology, Ahmadabad, India, 17th to 21st October 2002
- National Workshop on Water Quality (including drinking water), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India, 1st & 2nd February, 2002
Service to the Profession
- Fellow, the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC)
- Secretary and Member of International Society for Groundwater Sustainable Development (ISGSD)
- Member, Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) – 2016-2017
- Lifetime Member, International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAHs)
- Member, International Water Association (IWA)
- Member, International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAHs)-Indian National Chapter 2018-till date
- Life time member, Indian Association of Hydrologist (IAH)
- Member, Indian Society of Applied Geochemists (ISAG), India
- Organized “River-Sutra Brainstorming Session” in association with Times of India (ToI) group.
- Co-organized Study Camp with Kanazawa University, Japan between 27th to 31st August, 2018. Also served as resource person for the same.
- Convener, Local Organizing Committee for Twentieth National Symposium on Environment (NSE-20) organized between 13-15th December, 2018 by BARC and IITGN.
- Co-Chair, Technical session, (5) at 45th IAH Congress, Daejeon, Korea 9th – 14th September 2018.
- Co-Chair, Technical session: (2), at 45th IAH Congress, Daejeon, Korea 9th – 14th September 2018.
- Convener of NH8.1/HS5.13/SSS13.60 sessions at European Geosciences Union (EGU) 2018, Austria.
- Convener of T3: Global/Regional Environmental Changes and their Consequences at the 45th International Association of Hydrogeologist (IAH) Congress at Daejoeon, South Korea in 2018.
- Convener for session on Geogenic Contaminants, for Geological Society of America, USA – 2018.
- Served as Technical Director for the International Seminar on “Land and Water Issues in South East Asia” during 18-20th Jan, 2018 at NERIWALM, Tezpur, Assam.
- Organizing committee member for the symposium on “Advances in Civil and Environmental Engineering Practices for Sustainable Development” (ACEPS-2018), Sri Lanka on 15th March, 2018.
- Convener, of International Symposium on Sustainable Urban Environment (ISSUE 2017), Asia Pacific Network (APN)-Global Change Research (GCR) organized by Tezpur University, Assam, India, 23rd - 24th June 2017. http://www.tezu.ernet.in/denvsc/ISSUE/index.html
- Coordinator of MHRD-GIAN International Workshop on “Hydrology: An Interdisciplinary Science of Water” held at Tezpur University from 4th-14th January, 2016. http://www.tezu.ernet.in/event/GIAN-Hydrology-EVS-TU-workshop-with-registration-form.pdf
- Technical Committee Member of “Innovative Trends in Civil Engineering for Sustainability in 2016.
- Organizing committee member of National seminar on “Past and Present Geochemical Processes - Impacts on Climate Change”, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- Coordinator for Department of Science and Technology (DST)-Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) Science Camp (23rd -27th December, 2013) at Tezpur University Campus. http://www.tezu.ernet.in/notices/dsts inspire_sept 2013. htm
- International/Local organizing committee member of “1st International Forum on Asian Water Environment (IFAWET) at Delhi, India” (18-20th December, 2013). http://www.recwet.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/asian water2013/Organizers&Contact.html
- Coordinator for DST-INSPIRE Science Camp (11th -16th June, 2012) at Tezpur University Campus.
- Organizing secretary of “The 8th International Symposium on Southeast Asian Water Environment (SEAWE), Phuket, Thailand” (24-26th October, 2010).
- Committee member for the selection of Best Poster Award at IWA-YWP conference, Singapore.
- Committee member selection of Young Water Professional Award as well as Best Poster Award at 8th SEAWE, Thailand
- Chair, Session: Isotope hydrology, 1st IFAWET on 18th – 20th December, 2013.
- Co-Chair, at Sixth International Groundwater Conference (IGWC-2015), Chennai, India.
- Co-Chair, at National seminar on “Past and Present Geochemical Processes - Impacts on Climate Change, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi 22nd -23rd December, 2015.
- Co-Chair, Session B5: River Water Pollution at 10th International Symposium on Southeast Asian Water Environmental, 2012, Hanoi, Vietnam (8-10th November 2012)
- Co-Chair, Session A3: Water Environment at 9th SEAWE in December 1-3, 2011, Bangkok, Thailand
- Co-Chair, Session: Water Environment in the Tropics at 8th SEAWE, Phuket, Thailand” in 2010 http://www.recwet.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/asian_water2010/Organizers%20&%20Contact.html
- Panelist, Tokyo International Exchange Centre organized at Odaiba, Tokyo (Sept 23rd, 2008).
- Editorial Board of Nature Partner Journal (NPJ) Clean Water (IF:4.8); Current Pollution Report by Springer Nature (IF:3.3); Science of the Total Environment (IF: 6.55); Case studies in Chemical and Environmental Engineering by Elsevier; & ES&T Engineering by ACSE.
- Managing Guest Editor for: i) Journal of Hazardous Material (IF:9.06) Elsevier on Geo-Pat Contamination in Anthropocene. ii) Journal of Environmental Management (IF:5.56) Elsevier on Tackling Water Security. iii) Science of the Total Environment (IF:6.6) Elsevier on Water Security in the Floodplain.
- Guest Editor of Environmental Research (IF:5.7) Elsevier on SARS-CoV-2 and other pathogenic microorganisms in the environment.
- Associate Editor of Hydrological Research Letters (HRL), an international journal of Japan Society of Hydrology and Water Resources (2016 to till date).
- Associate Editor (2016 to till date), Groundwater for Sustainable Development (Elsevier International Journal)
- Managing Lead Editor for the special Journal Issue on “Contaminant Transport and Fate in Freshwater” for Groundwater for Sustainable Development
- Guest Lead Editor for the Special Issue on “Emerging water quality problems in developing countries” for Scientific World Journal.
- Reviewer for the Journal Frontiers in Environmental Science, Environmental Science and Technology, Environmental Research Letter, Water Research, Applied Microbiology, Environmental Geochemistry and Health, Environmental Research, Journal of Hydrology, AGU journals, Science of Total Environment, Chemosphere, NPJ Journals, and others.
National/ International funded Project Collaborators
- Prof. David Werner, New Castle University, UK on UKIERI Project.
- Prof. Yusong Li, prof Dan Snow, Prof Patrick J Shea on Water Advanced Research and Innovation (WARI) fellowship project funded by IUUSTF and DST, INDIA.
- Prof. Hiroaki Furumai, University of Tokyo, on India-Japan Cooperative Science Program (IJCP) project.
- Prof. AL. Ramanathan, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, on Water Technology Initiative Project.
- Prof. R. D. Deshpande, Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad, India, for IWIN 2.
- Dr. Bhishm Kumar, (IAEA) Vienna, Austria, on Delhi Groundwater Isotopic Study.
- Dr. Futoshi Kurisu, University of Tokyo, on India-Japan Cooperative Science Program (IJCP) Project.
- Dr. Ryo Honda, Kanazawa University, for Asia Pacific network (APN) for Global Research
- Dr. Tushara Chaminda, University of Ruhuna, , for Asia Pacific Networks (APN) for Global Research.
- Prof. K.P Sarma, Tezpur University, as Co PI for UGC major research project.
- Dr. R. R. Hoque, Department of Environmental Science, Tezpur University, as Co-Pi for APN Project.
- Dr. Amit Prakash, Tezpur University, as Co-PI in (BRNS-DAE) Uranium Project.
- Dr. M. S. Rao, National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee, on Isotopic characterization of different water samples
- English (Proficient in writing, speaking, and reading)
- Hindi (mother tongue)
- Japanese (Basic level 2)