Dr.Sudip Kr. Saha
B.Sc., BCKVV, West Bengal
M.Sc., Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
Ph.D., Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi
Area of Specialization:
Geoinformatics Technology & Applications
Research & Publications:
Latest Journal Publications:
- R R Regmi and S. K. Saha (2015) Impact Assessment of Land Use Land Cover Change on Soil Erosion Status in Phewa Lake Watershed of Nepal, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, 5(3), 1708 – 1717
- Kundu, A.; Patel, N. R., Saha, S. K. and Dutta, D. (2015). Monitoring the extent of desertification processes in western Rajasthan (India) using geo-information science. Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 8(8), 5727 – 5737.
- Tiwari, S.K.Saha & Suresh Kumar (2015) Prediction modeling and mapping of soil carbon content using ANN, Hyperspectral Satellite data and field spectroscopy, Advances in Remote Sensing, 4, 63-72.
- Suresh Kumar, Gautam Ghosh and S. K. Saha (2015) Hyperspectral remote sensing data derived spectral indices in characterizing salt-affected soils: a case study of Indo-Gangetic plains of India, Environmental Earth Sciences, 73(7), 3299- 3308.
- R R Regmi, S K Saha and M K Balla (2014) Geospatial Analysis of Land use Land Cover Change Predictive Modeling at Phewa Lake Watershed of Nepal, International Journal of Current Engineering Technology, 4 (4), 2617 – 2627.
- Vineet Kumar, Mamta Kumari & S. K. Saha (2016) Discrimination of Basmati and Non-Babmati rice types using polarimetric target decomposition of temporal SAR data, Current Science, 110 (11), 2166 -2169
International Symposium / Conferences / Workshop:
- Chaired Technical Session on “ Land use Land cover dynamics modeling” and presented invited talk on “ Predicting Land Use & Land Cover Dynamics using Geo-spatial Technology”, Midterm International Symposium of Technical Commission VIII (TC VIII: Remote Sensing Applications and Policy) of the International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) on “Operational Remote Sensing Applications: Opportunities, Progress and Challenges?, jointly organized by the ISPRS TC VIII, ISRS and ISG at Hyderabad during December 9-12, 2014
- Deliver talk on “Open source GIS software applications in Agriculture“ in International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) Summer School on Open Source GIS (July 6-10, 2015) WG VI/1 VI/2 and VI/4 at IIRS, Dehradun
- As an Expert of International Technical Advisory Mission Members (TAM) of UN - SPIDER (Space based Information for Disaster Management & Emergency Response) visited Sri Lanka during October 13 -16, 2011 and contributed in the preparation of policy document for national action plan of Sri Lanka on the use of space technology-based inputs in the disaster monitoring, management and planning.
- Visiting Guest faculty to GDTA (Groupe for Development of Teledetection Aerospatiale), Remote Sensing Research Institute of CNES (National Space Research Organization of France), Toulouse, France, for teaching various topics on Indian Experiences in RS & GIS applications during October 10 – 25, 2000.
National Symposium / Conferences / Workshop:
- Chaired a Technical Session and delivered invited talk on “ISRO-IIRS research initiatives in monitoring & assessment of ecosystem processes in North-Western Himalaya” in ISRS - ISG National Symposium 2016 recent advances in remote sensing and GIS with special emphasis on mountain ecosystems December 7-9, 2016 at IIRS, Dehradun.
- Chaired a Technical Session and delivered invited talk on “Space Technology & Agriculture” in ISRS - ISG National Symposium on Geomatics for Digital India, December 16 -18, 2015 at JKLP University, Jaipur.
- Chaired a technical session and delivered a talk on” Advances in RS & GIS Applications on Natural Resource management” ISRS National Symposium on Remote Sensing and GIS for Environment with Special Emphasis on Marine and Coastal Dynamics at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam during December 4-6, 2013.
- Delivered invited talk on “25 years of Capacity Building of IIRS (ISRO) in Symposium on Indian Remote Sensing Satellite Series – A Saga of 25 Years, March 17, 2013
- Chaired a technical Session and delivered invited lecture on “Advances in Remote Sensing Applications in Agriculture in ISRS national symposium on “Space Technology for Food & Environmental Security” at IARI, New Delhi during December 5-7, 2012.
Special Publications (as Editorial Member, Book Chapter)
- Krishnan, G., Saha, S.K., Kumar, S. and Patel, N. R. (2014) Book Chapter “Remote Sensing in Soil Fertility Evaluation and Management” In Bio-resources Management for Sustainable Development (Eds. R. Chandra & K.P. Ravekar), 509 -533 pp.
- Book Chapter on “ISRO/DOS – Contributions in Capacity Building in Remote Sensing & GIS”, IRS Satellite Series – A Saga of 25 Years, (2013), Published by ISRO/ DOS
- R. Patel & S. K. Saha (2003) Satellite R.S. & GIS applications in sustainable agriculture, in book on Geoinformatics for Tropical Ecosystems, Ed. P.S. Roy, Pub. Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh, Dehradun; 405 - 462 pp.
- Sivakumar, M V K, Roy, P S, Harmsen, K and Saha, S K ( 2003) Book on “Satellite Remote Sensing & GIS applications in Agricultural Meteorology”, Proc. of WMO Sponsored Training Workshop, 7- 11 July, 2003, IIRS/CSSTEAP, Dehradun.
Achievement & Awards:
Awarded with Indian Society of Remote Sensing (ISRS) national prestigious award called “Prof. Satish Dhawan” award for life time research contributions in RS & GIS Technology, applications and capacity building in Asia-Pacific region