Dr. Devesh Kumar Avasthi
Professor Emeritus and Dean Research & Development
Dr. Devesh Kumar Avasthi comes with close to 39 years of deep professional experience in teaching and research in Higher Education.
- Professor, Director, Amity Institute of Nanotechnology and Director, Directorate of Engineering and Technology, Amity University Noida
- Scientist H and Head, Materials Science & Radiation Biology at Inter University Accelerator Centre, Delhi Formerly known as ‘Nuclear Science Centre’ Delhi
- Scientist B, Defence Research Development Laboratory, Hyderabad
He has several international collaborations like LMU Munich, Stuttgart university and Kiel university in Germany, Padova university Italy, CNSM Orsay France, NIMS Tsukuba Japan, Polytechnique university St Petersburg Russia.
He has travelled all around the world and has several laurels to his accord. Some of them are:
- Fellow of Institute of Physics, UK
- Founder President of Ion Beam Society of India
- Recipient of BOYSCAST fellow award for research in Tsukuba University, Japan for three months, Japan by Deptt. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India in 1991.
- Recipient of DAAD fellowship for research at Tandem Accelerator Laboratory, Munich by Deutscher Akademisch Austachsdienst, Bonn in 1996.
- Yuva Shakti Puraskar in Science by Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad, ABVP, in 1985.
- Associate Editor of international peer reviewed journal ‘Radiation Effects and Defects in Solids’ published by Taylor & Francis
- Chairman of several international conferences/seminars
- Member of international advisory committee of several biennial international conferences
- Papers in Journals: 800
- Total citations of papers: 13617.
- H factor: (from Google scholar): 52 as in July 2021
He completed his Ph.D. (Physics) from Panjab University, Chandigarh.