Dr. Aarushi Batra
Assistant Professor [Senior Scale]
Academic Background (Degrees, University Name & Year of Passing):
- PhD from Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, [2016-2022] Title: Gender Discrimination and Other Conundrums in the Area of Sports Law: A Study in India and USA
- LLM from Indian Law Institute, Delhi, [2012-2014] Dual Specialisation in IPRs and Corporate Laws
- BALLB(Hons.) from Panjab University, Chandigarh, [2007-2012]
- Assistant Professor (Visiting) in School of Law, North Cap University, Gurugram from July 2015 to June 2016.
- Research Associate in Law Centre-II, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi from January 2017 to June 2017
- Assistant Professor in Faculty of Law, SGT University, Gurugram from December 2019 to August 2021.
- Assistant Professor in School of Law, Bennett University, Greater Noida from September 2021 to May 2022.
- Assistant Professor [Sr. Scale] in School of Law, UPES, Dehradun from July to present.
Honours and Achievements:
- Qualified UGC NET-JRF (December 2015)
- Member of the Review Panel of Indian Law Institute Law Review (ILILR).
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Jurio Cratis International Journal of Law and Policy (JCIJLP)
- Invited as a Speaker for the Indian Chair in a Webinar on the theme “Menstruation & Pregnancy in Sports”, on 17th July 2022, organized by Women’s Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (WICCI) and G100 Sports Empowerment Wing.
- Delivered a lecture on the topic “Protection of Children from Child Labour and Exploitation” at the School of Legal Studies, KR Mangalam University, Gurugram on 18th May 2022
- Sports Law
- Gender Justice
- Human Rights
- Environment Laws
A. Book Edited
- “New Dimensions of Women and Child Development”, published by ABS Books, Delhi, ISBN: 978-93-91002-29-9 in 2021
B. Book Chapters
- Chapter titled “Covid-19 and the Lurking Shadow Pandemic”, published in the book “Contemporary Issues Relating to Women and Child”, ISBN: 978-93-91002-79-4 in 2021
- Chapter titled “Copyright in Photographs: The Concept of Originality and Relevance of Artistic Quality”, published in the book “Legal Issues through the Lens of Budding Lawyers”, ISBN: 978-93-85758-23-2 in 2017.
C. Journal Articles
- An article titled “Interface of ADR and Criminal Law” was published in “Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry” (SCOPUS), Vol. 12 Issue 7 with ISSN: 1309-6591 (2021).
- An article titled “Changing Contours of Transgender Identity: From Exclusion to Inclusion” was published in “Shodh Sarita” (UGC CARE), Vol. 8 Issue 29 with ISSN: 2348-2397 in 2021.
- An article titled “Copyright of Photographer in Digital Age vis-à-vis Moral Rights” was published in the “White Black Legal Law Journal”, Vol. 2 Issue 8 with ISSN: 2581-8503 in 2021.
- An article titled “Sustainable Development and Rights of Tribals” was published in the “Journal of Campus Law Centre” (UGC), Vol. IV & V with ISSN: 2321-4716 in 2017.