Dr. Balwinder Singh
Assistant Professor - Selection Grade
LLB, University of Jammu
LLM, University of Jammu
Ph.D., University of Jammu
Area of Specialization:
Family Law, Women and Law, Human Rights
Research & Publications:
- House Sparrow Populations and Local Protection of Biodiversity, IUCN Academy of Environmental Law e Journal, Issue 9, July 2018, pp. 234-242, ISSN No. 1929-6088
- Changing Dimensions of the Concept of Marriage- A Contemporary Challenge to personal Laws in India, International Journal of Advanced Research, Vol.5 Issue 7, July 2017, ISSN No. 2320-5407.
- Impact of Legislative Inroads into the Institution of Hindu Joint Family: An Analysis, International Journal of Legal Studies and Research (IJLSR), Vol. 4 No. 1 March 2015, pp. 33-48, ISSN No. 2278-4764.
- Participated in two days 18th APG MEET & International Conference on “Re-envisioning Globalization, Development and New World Order: Perspectives from Developing Countries” organised by Lovely Professional University, Jallandhar on 27- 28 October 2017 and also presented the paper titled- “Efficacy of International Refugee law in dealing with Displaced Populations: A study in Indian Perspective.”
- Participated in Two days International Conference on “National and International Concerns for Gender Justice- India and Canada” organised by Centre for Canadian Studies, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla on 27- 28 March 2015 and also presented the paper titled- “ Labour Welfare Legislations in Favour of Working Women: Issues and Challenges.
- Participated in ICCSR-NWRC sponsored “Second RGNUL International Multidisciplinary Congress on Research Methodology” organised by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala, Punjab on 2 March 2013 and also presented the paper titled- “Observation Method: A Potent Tool of Data Collection in Empirical Research.”