UPES, UC Berkeley Join to Enhance Learning Opportunities for Students
UPES has partnered with the prestigious University of California Berkeley (UCB) Extention to widen international exposure to UPES students through educational and cultural cooperation.
UCB is one of the top-ranked Universities leading in all league tables over the years. It is QS ranked 32 and rated number #1 Public University in the United States. Its students and alumni have won 117 Gold, 51 Silver and 39 Bronze medals in the Olympics. It has 40 Noble laureates, and at present, 9 Noble Laureates and 4 Pulitzer prize winners are faculty with UCB.
Berkeley HAAS School of Business is among the World’s Top 5 Business Schools, Berkeley College of Chemistry is ranked 5th, Berkeley Law is amongst the World’s Top 10 Law Colleges, and Berkeley Engineering is consistently ranked among the Top Engineering Schools in the world.
This collaboration offers UPES students and alumni the opportunity to study abroad in the best academic setup amongst the brightest minds. As part of the tie-up, UC Berkeley Extension offers the following programs:
- Berkeley Haas Global Access Program (BHGAP)
- Berkeley Global Access Program (BGA).
- Berkeley Global Access (BGA) Remote Program (Online).
- Berkeley Legal Studies Global Access Program (LSGAP)
- Berkeley Physics International Education Program (BPIE).
- Chemistry Visiting Student Program for School of Engineering students.
- Immersive and Professional Diploma programs
- Professional Internship Program for students across UPES
- Berkeley Physics International Education Program
- Participation in seminars
The students can also qualify for scholarships. In addition, students get to secure an internship in the San Francisco Bay Area; learn how to work and thrive in a U.S. company; create a network of industry experts; expand their brand & résumé and earn academic credit. Students will enjoy hiking trips near campus, movie outings, access to the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF), over 100 student groups and campus libraries, field trips to the Lawrence Hall of Science, San Francisco, Napa, Half Moon Bay, Monterey, and scenic tours to the Pacific coastline.