There has been an increase in the demand for legal professionals who can support the functioning of giant core sector industries. UPES LL.B programs empower students to actively take on these roles and meet the standing challenges and set newer benchmarks.
- First Indian University to be awarded QS Five Stars Global Rating for Employability and Facilities and 4 Stars for Teaching by the QS Stars Global University Ratings System!
- FIRST Indian Institution to offer 85 specialized programs across Energy, Infrastructure, Transportation, Application IT, Design, Planning and Public Policy
- FIRST Energy & Core Sector University in the Pan Asian region
- First University in India to offer courses in "Energy Laws"
- ONLY Asian University to receive the prestigious World Oil Award
- Accredited by NAAC
- Recognized by UGC under section 2(f) of the UGC Act 1956
Students of UPES College of Legal Studies have won more than 130+ national awards at various prestigious events and competitions
Minimum 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
||Last Date to Apply
||Mode Of Exam
||25th April 2018
||Offline (Pen & Paper) Online (CBT)
||5th May 2018 - Offline Test 11th - 12th May 2018 - Online Test
||30th April 2018
UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test(UL-SAT)
UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT)**
** For B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering LLB (Hons.) with Specialization in Cyber Law / IPR Program
Non Examination Pathway
Non Examination Pathway - LAW Programs through Board Merit/ CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit
(Seats Allotted- Upto 20 %)
CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit :-
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons)- Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLAT ranking upto 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For B. Tech LLB (Hons.) Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th), minimum 50% Marks in PCM at Senior Secondary Level (12th) and CLAT ranking upto 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES-EAT and admissions through Merit Ranking.
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons)- Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For B. Tech LLB (Hons.) Candidates with minimum 70% marks in 10th, 12th and 12th PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) are exempted from UPES-EAT and admissions will be through Merit Ranking.
Entrance Exam - Online Aptitude Test for B. Tech/ B. Sc LLB Program – Scheduled on 21st Feb 2018
- Entrance exam scheduled on 21st Feb 2018
- Class 12th appearing student or pass out student with PCM & PCMB background
- Class 10th with 50% total aggregate marks
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Legal reasoning (50 question each section)
- No negative marking
10AM – 1PM
- Results will be declared on 26th Feb 2018
- Conditional offer letter will be released with a condition of securing minimum 50% total aggregate marks in class 12th and in class 12th PCM and way forward for admission
Please note following details related to Online Aptitude Test for B. Tech/ B. Sc LLB
- This will be an ONLINE Aptitude Test for which the candidates can appear by logging in with their credentials from their laptop / desktop having webcam and internet connection.
- Candidates can appear for the test from their home, office or internet café. There is NO CENTER BEING ALLOTTED for the online test.
- The candidates WOULD NOT RECEIVE ANY ADMIT CARDS for this. For login, you will have to use your Name, your email ID given in the application form, UPES application number.
- Candidate needs to have a VALID PHOTO ID (Voter Id card, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Passport ) to start the exam for verification purpose.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours. There is no negative marking.
- You would receive separate email from email@example.com which would have the following two links:
Check system compatibility – for ensuring that your laptop / desktop is compatible for taking the test (please check your system compatibility so that you don’t face any issues on the day of test)
Take Test – This is for taking the test and would function only on the day of test.
How to keep your system assessment Ready?
Before starting the test, make sure that you have:
An internet connectivity of more than 512 kbps.
Updated your browser and disabled the pop-up blocker. On Windows, to disable the pop-up block on Firefox: Go to ‘Tools’ -> Select ‘Options’ -> Click ‘Content’ tab and then un-check ‘Block Pop-up windows’ check box.
Uninstalled any third party software controlling your webcam before starting the test.
Checked that your webcam is up and running.
Turned off chat (Google talk, yahoo messenger etc.), antivirus, auto updates and other notifications.
Over 8500 plus UPES graduates & post graduates have already been placed in over more than 500 reputed companies nationally & Internationally. Extensive exposure and trainings which includes industry visits & exclusive personality enhancement training capsules improve the employability skills of our students.
UPES College of Legal Studies Placements 2017 – stands at 85%
UPES College of Legal Studies placements 2016
Recruiters - Merritz Law Firm, PP Advocated, Mindcrest, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Orbit Law Firm, CUTS International, Warsi Associates, Link Legal, WadiaGhandy, Edelweiss Securities, Lead Law, TCI, NKG Advocates, Adani logistics, Mind Merchants
Consistent track record of 90% placements
Law Placements 2015 - The highest pay package went upto 17.5 lacs with one of the top 5 Law Firms in India with an average package of 3.79 lacs per annum.
Some of our Top Recruiters Include:
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe
- AZB & Partners
- Fox & Mandal
- Jurisperitus Law Offices
- Selvam & Selvam
- ANM Global
- The Chambers of Law
- Legall Orbit
- Lakshmi Kumaran & Sridharan
- S. S. Rana & Co.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd
- Thomson Reuters
- Torrent Power
- Axis Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Arcil Premier ARC
- Gamesa Corp.
- CESC Ltd.
Some renowned lawyers and legal support services that gave an opportunity to our students include:
||LEGAL PROCESS OUTSOURCING (LPO)/ LEGAL SUPPORT SERVICES
- Shri. Anil. K. Kher.
- Shri. Anil Dwivedi
- Shri. Bhargava V. Desai
- Shri. Rakesh Dwivedi
- Shri. Vishnu Gupta
- QuisLex Legal Services Pvt. Ltd
- Chess Management Services Pvt. Ltd.
Credit Based Choice System (CBCS - Advantage) – Get an edge in your LLB education with CBCS
Advantages of CBCS -
- Get a holistic edge to your education – choose from a range of program electives (non – law courses, general law courses and seminar courses) and open electives (such as foreign languages)
- Choose courses that are most relevant to you
- Make learning fun! Break away from the straight – jacketed learning cohorts and make your curricula exciting
- For the first time in Indian LLB education, have a say in what you learn.
All India Category
Eligibility Criteria: 75% marks in class 10th and 12th
- 50% tuition fee waiver on 20% seats of each programs in first semester for CBSE, ICSE & State Board pass out students
Uttarakhand Domicile Special Scholarships
- Minimum 80% aggregate in Class 10th & 12th.
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per program.
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Domicile students.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate)
- Students will be entitled only for 1 scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Merit or through Uttarakhand Domicile category)
- 25% of tuition fee for Boys and 35% for Girl students in first year
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per scholarship policy of the University