Duration of Program 2 years (4 semesters)
Seats 90 only
UPES ranked among Top 15 MBA Institutions in North India and No. 1 Private Institute in Uttarakhand by Outlook-ICARE India MBA Rankings 2020
- MBA Oil and Gas Management is a specialisation that imparts education in petroleum contracts and economics, renewable energy, risk management, and environmental management
- Core modules focus on providing essential skills needed in any profession, such as project management and quality control, marketing techniques, health and safety
- MBA in Oil and Gas Management opens up avenues for excellent career options where a professional can pursue different job roles in Refinery Management, Corporate Planning & Strategy, Business Analysis, Loyalty Program Management, Gas Business, and Marketing, Operations Management, and Financial Management
- UPES ranks 56th in NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) of MHRD in the Management Category.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Program Elective I||Program Elective II|
- Refinery Management
- Loyalty Program Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Brand Management
- Gas Business and Marketing
- Corporate Planning & Strategy
- Operations Management
- Business Analysis
- Financial Management
97%*Placements in 2019
*Disclaimer – Placements statistics refer to the number of students who have opted for and are eligible for placements
- Minimum 50% marks in classes X, XII & Graduation
- Graduation from a recognized university
- Engineering */ B. Sc. (PCM) Graduates or equivalent.
Admissions through UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET)
Candidates who have minimum 50% marks in Class 10th, 12th and graduation, can seek admission to UPES MBA programs by taking the UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET)
Schedule for UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET):
|Name of Program||Date of Test||Test Window||Duration|
|MBA (All Streams)||27-29th Jan, 2020||10:00 am - 02:00 pm||2.5 Hours|
UPES reserves the right to conduct further online/paper pencil mode exams for admission to various MBA programs in addition to the date already announced.
Scheme of Tests:
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||35|
|Quantitative: Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||35|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||35|
|Total no. of Questions||140|
The University reserves the right to make changes in curricula, degree requirements, course offerings, student intake and academic regulations or change of location at any time without assigning any reason or prior notice. The said change may apply not only to prospective students but also to those who are already enrolled with the University.
University reserves to itself to offer any or all of the program electives/specialization electives. Electives thus offered maybe based on the number of students who opt for such electives and will be offered at the sole discretion of the University.
Admissions through National Level Tests
Students having MAT/CMAT 2020 score of 75 percentile & above. CAT/XAT 2019 score of 70 percentile & above. GMAT Score of 550 & above. NMAT Score of 140 & above will be exempted from UPES Management Entrance Test and will only be called for Group Discussion & Interview if qualified.
**Upto 30% seats shall be filled through National Level Tests category (CAT/MAT/XAT/NMAT). Incase candidates for such seats are not available, UPES has the right to fill these seats through MBA (UPESMET).
Reservation of Seats:
For Uttarakhand bonafide resident candidates: 15% of the seats in all programs will be reserved for residents of Uttarakhand, subject to production of "Sthai Niwas Praman Patra" (Permanent Resident certificate)" issued by competent authority of Uttarakhand State. These seats will get alloted based on the merit order in this category, provided the candidate has declared his intent to opt under this category at the time of applying for admission.
Note: Candidates applying under this category would be required to produce the original “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” during the day of admission, failing which their candidature shall stand cancelled.
Seats remaining unfilled by the stipulated date in this category may be treated as unreserved.