ADMISSION OPEN FOR 2021
- 16 Years of experience in nurturing students into leaders.
- 150 + specialized programs aimed at making specialists.
- Unmatched global exposure with free 4-week study program in Berlin or Vancouver.
- Free access to 3900+ global courses from top institutes with Coursera.
- 94% placement record*.
- Industry alliances with IBM, Microsoft, Xebia, L&T, Tata Power, CISCO & more, offering placements and industry expertise.
- Unique Alumni Offerings with placement support up to 5 years, funding and workspace support.
- First Indian University to be awarded QS 5 Stars for Academic Development and also rated 5 Stars for Employability, Facilities and Program Strength.
25% Scholarship for Girl Students
25% scholarship will be offered on tuition fees of complete program duration for all girl students taking admission in any of the UG or PG programs for 2020 intake.
Up to 100% merit based scholarships
Scholarship will be offered to students securing an aggregate of 80% marks in class X & XII & 80% marks in CBSE/ ICSE / State Examination Board.
E-Learning - Learning Never Stops
- 11000+ Students Attending Online Classes
- 150+ Masterclasses with Industry Experts till Date
- 2300+ Online Internships
- 85% of graduating students completed exams online
WHY STUDY BA AT UPES
2300+Overall Students placed in 2019-20*
94%Placements in 2019-20*
560+Recruiters on Campus in 2019-20*
BA COURSESWITH SPECIALIZATION IN
About BA courses
UPES offers a wide range of Bachelor of Arts courses in various modern and conventional disciplines like economics and journalism. All the BA courses last for 6 semesters spread over 3 years.
The courses have been customized to provide the students with a broad curriculum that can help them choose an appropriate major from a variety of disciplines.
UPES also partners with leading bigwigs from the media and humanities domains to provide additional exposure to the students. Hence, it is no surprise that all the BA courses have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), the University Grants Commission of India (UGC), the Association of Indian Universities and the International Association of Universities.
The BA courses at UPES are offered by two different school of studies—the School of Business and the School of Modern Media. Here are all the Bachelor of Arts courses offered by the UPES University.
Who is the BA course for?
The BA courses at UPES can be categorized roughly into two schools of thought—Economics and Media studies. The bachelor’s courses in economics can be pursued by students interested in a career in civil services or administrative services at local or national levels.
The courses in media are suitable for those who want to dedicate their careers in the domain of mainstream media. The courses can also be an introduction to modern concepts of media including digital marketing and content advertising. One of the courses is also relevant for those who wish to pursue a career in personal and public relationship management.
LIFE AT UPES
Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
Pre-enrol even before you appear for your Board Exams if you have minimum 50% in Class 10th
*Students appearing in Class 12th & awaiting their results can also apply, but shortlisted candidates will only be given a provisional offer letter subject to them obtaining a minimum of 50% marks in Board exam
Fill Application Form
- Screening of Application
- Short listed student gets an invite for Personal Interview
- You can choose Personal Interview venue from Personal Interview schedule
BA Admission Process at UPES
Pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree from UPES can be a great way to start your college education and eventually pursue an interesting career in the arts. Apart from an excellent faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure, UPES University is also the first Indian university to be awarded the QS Five Stars Global Rating for employability in 2016.
Choosing a broad curriculum based bachelor’s degree such as a Bachelor of Arts can be a good idea for those who want to establish themselves as thought leaders in different fields. Moreover, the wide diversity of subjects included in the curriculum of a BA degree can prepare you for a wide range of domains and can allow you to switch seamlessly between them if you wish.
Eligibility criteria for BA admissions
Students interested in enrolling in BA courses at UPES should be able to meet the following BA eligibility criteria
- Applicants should possess a minimum aggregate of 50% in their secondary (X) and higher secondary (XII) exams for admission in all courses.
- Applicants should have Mathematics as a mandatory subject in their grades XI and XII for admission in BA Economics and BA Energy Economics.
- Only those applicants with their date of births falling on or after October 1, 1998 are eligible to apply for the BA courses
Admission procedure for Enrolling in BA in 2020
The admission process for enrolling into BA courses at UPES is rather simple. Interested applicants need to fill an application form online and submit it along with their photographs. The applications are scanned meticulously, and the shortlisted candidates are invited for a personal interview round.
The venues for the personal interviews can be selected from a common list by the applicants as per their preferences. The selected candidates in the personal interview round are notified and invited to take admission in a BA at UPES.
- Minimum 75% in 10th & 12th
Scholarship Percentage (%) – Only Tuition Fee for 1st semester & Number of Seats
- 50% waiver on 5% seats in each program
Disclaimer: Only one category of scholarship can be availed by student, Multiple scholarship to one candidate will not be granted
Scholarships for BA students
To encourage the enrolment of meritorious students, UPES has the provision of scholarships for all the students with a minimum aggregate of 75% in their secondary (X) and higher secondary (XII) exams. The eligible candidates would receive a waiver of 50% on the tuition fee for the first semester of the program.
Personal Interview Schedule
Yet to be announced
Specialisation at UPES comes bundled with global opportunities
- 50% fee waiver* for PG courses - tution fee waiver for postgraduate studies
- Study overseas* for free, for 4 weeks (pay only for travel & stay)
- Two Professional Courses* from AWS, IBM, Tableau, Alibaba.com
* Terms & conditions apply
Entrance test for BA courses
There is no in-house entrance test conducted by UPES for admission into BA courses at present. All admissions are processed on the basis of the eligibility criteria and the performance of the students in the personal interview round.
The BA course fees can be classified into two different categories—the academic fees consisting of the tuition and academic service fees. These fees can vary from one course to another depending on the specialisation
The 2nd category includes other miscellaneous costs such as personal development fee or convocation fee. Here are the different fixed miscellaneous costs in addition to tuition and academic service fees.
- Training and certification fee of Rs 22,500 payable by second semester
- Personal Development Program fee of Rs 7,500 payable at registration.
- Refundable security amount of Rs 20,000 payable at registration
- Convocation fee of Rs 1,500 payable by the second last semester
- Academic computing fee of Rs 3,200 per semester
- Medical Insurance fee of Rs 500 payable at registration
- Additional levies and taxes charged by the Central/ State/ Local /Overseas authorities as and when applicable All the information regarding the fees can be gathered from the UPES website or university offices.
What are career opportunities available with a BA Degree?
Bachelor of Arts in India can pave the way for excellent employment opportunities across numerous humanities and art domains such as PR management, journalism, media studies and much more. Here is a list of some of the most probable positions with individual BA degrees at UPES Dehradun.
- BA (Hons.) Economics: Economics policy advisors, financial advisors and government economic consultants.
- BA (Hons.) Economics with specialisation in Energy Economics: Economic consultants in petroleum and coal industries, policy advisors in power plant management firms and financial advisors for green energy firms.
- BA Public Policy and Administration: IAS personnel, government policy advisors and administrative managers
- BA Journalism and Mass communication: Senior media journalists, news readers, newspaper editors, field journalists and Story advisors for a news channel.
- BA Digital and Mass Media: Brand consultants for OTT companies like Hotstar and VOOT, TV/Film producers, online publication managers, digital media managers, and digital marketing heads.
- BA Advertising and Digital Marketing: Media marketing managers. Digital marketing consultants, digital marketing heads and advertisement managers
Reasons to study Bachelor of Arts in 2020
The UPES University boasts of a world class academic infrastructure and highly trained faculty who can provide relevant subject expertise with the help of domain specific industry aligned curriculums. The broad curriculums can equip students to seek out reputable internship opportunities in their preferred companies.
In addition to customized curriculums, students also get an opportunity to study for 4 weeks in Berlin and Vancouver if they can afford the travel and lodging costs. The students can also take advantage of professional courses from IBM, Tableau and AWS. For students aspiring to pursue their master’s degrees abroad, the university provides 50% scholarship on select post graduate courses at partner institutes in Europe, UK, Canada and the USA.
UPES offers 6 BA specializations offered by both the School of Modern Media and the School of business. Here is the consolidated list.
- BA (Hons.) Economics
- BA Advertising and Digital Marketing
- BA Digital and Mass Media
- BA (Hons.) Economics with specialisation in Energy Economics
- BA Public Policy and Administration
- BA Journalism and Mass communication
After completing a BA in advertising and digital marketing, UPES graduates can seek employment with all the major digital marketing and advertising agencies in the country. They can also move to the production of commercial advertisements and influencer marketing.
UPES charges a medical insurance fee of INR 500 right at the course registration at the beginning of first semester.