For 2022 - 23
Admission OpenFor 2022 - 23
- 94% placement* record
- Unmatched Global Opportunities
- Free access to 3900+ global courses on Coursera
Up to 100% Merit Scholarship, 50% Reserved for Girl Students
* For further details, refer T&C on https://www.upes.ac.in/scholarships
WHY STUDY BA AT UPES
2485+Overall Students placed in 2019-20*
95.50%Placements in 2019-20*
633+Recruiters on Campus in 2019-20*
BA COURSES WITH SPECIALIZATION IN
About BA courses
UPES offers a wide range of Bachelor of Arts courses in various modern and conventional disciplines like economics and journalism. All the BA courses last for 6 semesters spread over 3 years.
The courses have been customized to provide the students with a broad curriculum that can help them choose an appropriate major from a variety of disciplines.
UPES also partners with leading bigwigs from the media and humanities domains to provide additional exposure to the students. Hence, it is no surprise that all the BA courses have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), the University Grants Commission of India (UGC), the Association of Indian Universities and the International Association of Universities.
|BA (Public Policy and Administration)||Public Administration|| - Minor in any specialisation offered by School of Business
- Artificial intelligence
- Digital marketing
- Digital transformation
- Start your startup
- Business analytics
- International business
- Operations/ Project Management
- Financial Analysis and Services
- Family Business and Entrepreneurship
-School for Life- Exploratory courses
|BA (Hons.) Economics||Energy Economics|
|BA Journalism and Mass Communication (Digital)||Social Media and Search Engine Optimisation||I. Confirmed Minors available to students of School of Modern Media outside of their area of specialisation
- Social Media
- Digital Marketing
- Media Management, Public Policy and Strategic Communications
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Digital Publishing/Website Management
- Digital Content Creation: Videos
- Digital Content Creation: Audio/Podcasts
|Data, Analytics & Visualisation|
|Media Management, Public Policy and Strategic Communications|
|Digital Publishing/Website Management|
|BA Digital and Mass Media (Broadcasting)||Mobile Journalism (Mojo): Digital Video Production and Monetisation|
|Digital Audio Broadcasting: Radio Production, Podcasts and Distribution|
|Digital Studio Management: Live Broadcasting and Floor Production|
Who is the BA course for?
The BA courses at UPES can be categorized roughly into two schools of thought—Economics and Media studies. The bachelor’s courses in economics can be pursued by students interested in a career in civil services or administrative services at local or national levels.
The courses in media are suitable for those who want to dedicate their careers in the domain of mainstream media. The courses can also be an introduction to modern concepts of media including digital marketing and content advertising. One of the courses is also relevant for those who wish to pursue a career in personal and public relationship management.
LIFE AT UPES
|Minimum 50% marks in Class X and XII||Personal Interview|
BA Admission Process at UPES
Pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree from UPES can be a great way to start your college education and eventually pursue an interesting career in the arts. Apart from an excellent faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure, UPES University is also the first Indian university to be awarded the QS Five Stars Global Rating for employability in 2020.
Choosing a broad curriculum-based bachelor’s degree such as a Bachelor of Arts can be a good idea for those who want to establish themselves as thought leaders in different fields. Moreover, the wide diversity of subjects included in the curriculum of a BA degree can prepare you for a wide range of domains and can allow you to switch seamlessly between them if you wish.
The admission process for enrolling in BA courses at UPES is rather simple. Interested applicants need to fill an application form online and submit it along with their photographs. The applications are scanned meticulously, and the shortlisted candidates are invited for a personal interview round.
The venues for the personal interviews can be selected from a common list by the applicants as per their preferences. The selected candidates in the personal interview round are notified and invited to take admission in a BA at UPES.
What are career opportunities available with a BA Degree?
Bachelor of Arts in India can pave the way for excellent employment opportunities across numerous humanities and art domains such as PR management, journalism, media studies and much more. Here is a list of some of the most probable positions with individual BA degrees at UPES Dehradun.
- BA (Hons.) Economics: Economics policy advisors, financial advisors and government economic consultants.
- BA (Hons.) Economics with specialisation in Energy Economics: Economic consultants in petroleum and coal industries, policy advisors in power plant management firms and financial advisors for green energy firms.
- BA Public Policy and Administration: IAS personnel, government policy advisors and administrative managers
- BA Journalism and Mass communication: Senior media journalists, news readers, newspaper editors, field journalists and Story advisors for a news channel.
- BA Digital and Mass Media: Brand consultants for OTT companies like Hotstar and VOOT, TV/Film producers, online publication managers, digital media managers, and digital marketing heads.
- BA Advertising and Digital Marketing: Media marketing managers. Digital marketing consultants, digital marketing heads and advertisement managers
Reasons to study
Bachelor of Arts in 2022
The UPES University boasts of a world class academic infrastructure and highly trained faculty who can provide relevant subject expertise with the help of domain specific industry aligned curriculums. The broad curriculums can equip students to seek out reputable internship opportunities in their preferred companies.
In addition to customized curriculums, students also get an opportunity to study for 4 weeks in Berlin and Vancouver if they can afford the travel and lodging costs. The students can also take advantage of professional courses from IBM, Tableau and AWS. For students aspiring to pursue their master’s degrees abroad, the university provides 50% scholarship on select post graduate courses at partner institutes in Europe, UK, Canada and the USA.
UPES offers 6 BA specializations offered by both the School of Modern Media and the School of business. Here is the consolidated list.
- BA (Hons.) Economics
- BA Advertising and Digital Marketing
- BA Digital and Mass Media
- BA (Hons.) Economics with specialisation in Energy Economics
- BA Public Policy and Administration
- BA Journalism and Mass communication
After completing a BA in advertising and digital marketing, UPES graduates can seek employment with all the major digital marketing and advertising agencies in the country. They can also move to the production of commercial advertisements and influencer marketing.