For 2022 - 23
Admission OpenFor 2022 - 23
WHY STUDY LL.B. AT UPES?
- QS 5 star rating for Employability
- University of the year (North India) awarded by ASSOCHAM
- Accredited Grade 'A' by NAAC
- Law courses co-developed and co-delivered by industry partners
- Academic Collaboration with the University of Law, UK
- Tie-up with prestigious law firm, Surana & Surana International Attorneys
- Masterclasses platform for students to interact with prominent legal professionals and lawyers
- 210+ Awards won by UPES law students
- Unmatched Global Opportunities
- Free access to 3900+ global courses on Coursera
Up to 100% Merit Scholarship, 50% Reserved for Girl Students
* For further details, refer T&C on https://www.upes.ac.in/scholarships
WHY STUDY LL.B AT UPES SCHOOL OF LAW
2485+Overall Students Placed* in 2019-20
95.50%Placement* in 2019-20
633+Recruiter in 2019-20
LL.B COURSES WITH SPECIALIZATION
About LLB courses
A Bachelor of Legislative Law (LLB) refers to a subject of legal studies that deal with issues and conflicts related to society and morality. Students pursuing this course will acquire crucial knowledge about the law that may be applied in the judiciary, legislative and executive institutions, bureaucracy or the civil society, as well as the military and the police.
The LLB graduate degree covers core modules and specialisations that focus areas including:
|BA LL.B (Hons.)
BBA LL.B (Hons.)
B.Com. LL.B (Hons.)
As per Hons Allotment Guideline
|Energy Law||-Artificial intelligence
-Start your startup
-Operations/ Project Management
-Financial Analysis and Services
- Family Business and Entrepreneurship
All Minors are ADD ON and not part of the Subject Matrix.
|Banking, Finance and Insurance Law|
|International Trade and Investment Law|
|Media and Entertainment Law|
|Legal Compliance and Secretarial Practices|
|Food, Health and Environment|
|Forensic science and Law|
|Medicine, Health and Law|
|Digital Innovation and Law|
|Intellectual Property Rights|
|BA (Legal Studies)|
ABOUT UPES SCHOOL OF LAW
The School of Law (SoL) is a constituent college of UPES. It brings to you highly integrated undergraduate programs that are aimed at creating legal and techno-legal professionals who specialize in Corporate and Energy Law, besides IPR and Cyber Law. All programs offered by the UPES School of Law (SoL) are approved by Bar Council of India. The integrated programs offered by SoL are the first of their kind in South Asia.
UPES School of Law and UK-based The University of Law (ULaw), one of the most reputed universities for legal studies globally, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that aims in providing opportunities to students such as –
- Scholarships for postgraduate programmes
- Faculty and student exchange
- Online modules
- Summer school programme
- Research collaboration
- Collaborative seminars, moot courts, conferences and student competitions
UPES is the only university in India who has got into the partnership with ULaw.
EXPERIENCE OUR BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS
- Sports International level playing fields
- Food Options Multi cuisine food options
- Library 200,000 Publications
- Advanced Labs With State-of-the-art facilities
- Medical Facility 24x7 team of doctors
- Transport Facility Safe and Secure buses
- Auditorium 3 world-class auditoriums
- Secured Campus Round-the-clock monitoring by guards and CCTV
LIFE AT SCHOOL OF LAW
My five years in UPES has been very fruitful.VIEW STORY
It has helped me develop an incisive thinking pattern, which is the most essential aspect for a law studentFULL STORY
I am grateful to UPES for giving me a wonderful industry exposure along with excellent theoretical knowledge.FULL STORY
Examination Pathway admissions through UPES Legal Studies Aptitude Test - CBT (Computer Based Test):
Minimum 50% Marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
Followed by Group Discussion and Interview only of students who have qualified ULSAT.
CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit
- For BA LLB (Hons)/ BBA LLB (Hons)/ B. Com, LLB (Hons) - Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLATAIR ranking up to 15000/ L-SAT India Percentile of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from appearing in ULSAT.
- For BA LLB (Hons)/ BBA LLB (Hons)/B. Com LLB (Hons) - Candidates with 80% marks in 10th and 12th main five subjects (English as one of the compulsory Subject) are exempted from ULSAT.
Up to 20% seats shall be filled through Board Merit/ CLAT AIR/ L-SAT India Category. In case, any seat remaining vacant UPES has the right to fill such seats through ULSAT.
What are the career opportunities available with an LLB Degree?
Students can find a plethora of openings after qualifying an LLB degree. One can start off with a pupillage or trainee job at legal centres or part-time jobs in court in the preferred area of specialisation. Also, students can explore the scope of vocations under the supervision of a specialist or an advocate, accessible in law firms. Earning such work experiences, right after graduation help in long run. Acquiring a Law degree from the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies is can be your beginning to a great career in the field of law.
Here are a few job positions that you can apply for with an LLB degree in hand:
- Legal Services Chief
- Court representative
- Public Prosecutor
- Legal Advisor
- Teacher or Lecturer
- Legal Manager
Bachelor of Legislative Law in 2022
Bachelor of Legislative Law is sure to hone your relational abilities, such as critical thinking, moral mindfulness and effective managerial aptitudes.
Bachelor of Legislative Law helps students get familiarized with historical encounters in addition to current understanding. With the excellent training, you get to increase your social comprehension and general aptitude, which in turn prepares you to land incredible job positions. Also, studying the international law framework gives you a chance to enhance your abilities in the legal dialect, as well as pick added knowledge of the laws enforced across the world.
Students studying Law in UPES will have access to over 3800 global courses on Coursera, gain hands-on training in Design Thinking powered by IBM, along with AI and ML experience.
Yes, you are allowed to take the LLB entrance exam provisionally but should submit the proof of Secondary exam qualification at the time of counselling.
You get a partial tuition fee waiver for postgraduate studies, can study overseas for 4 weeks free (pay only for travel & stay) and the opportunity to choose from two professional courses by AWS, IBM, Tableau and Alibaba.com.
All candidates irrespective of the test qualified or mode of application have to appear for GD/PI as part of the final leg of the selection process.