ADMISSION OPEN FOR 2021
WHY STUDY LL.B. AT UPES?
- 15 industry aligned specializations
- Industry Experts on Advisory Board
- Courses co-developed and co-delivered with law firm Surana & Surana
- Free access to 3900+ global courses on Coursera.
- First Indian University to be awarded QS 5 Stars for Academic Development and also rated 5 Stars for Employability, Facilities and Program Strength
- Unmatched global exposure with free 4-week study program in Berlin or Vancouver
25% Scholarship for Girl Students
25% scholarship will be offered on tuition fees of complete program duration for all girl students taking admission in any of the UG or PG programs for 2020 intake.
Up to 50% merit based scholarships
Scholarship will be offered to students securing an aggregate of 80% marks in class X & XII & 80% marks in CBSE/ ICSE / State Examination Board.
E-Learning - Learning Never Stops
- 11000+ Students Attending Online Classes
- 150+ Masterclasses with Industry Experts till Date
- 2300+ Online Internships
- 85% of graduating students completed exams online
WHY STUDY LL.B AT UPES SCHOOL OF LAW
94%Overall UPES placements last year*
210+Awards won by law students
LL.B COURSESWITH SPECIALIZATION
About LLB courses
A Bachelor of Legislative Law (LLB) refers to a subject of legal studies that deal with issues and conflicts related to society and morality. Students pursuing this course will acquire crucial knowledge about the law that may be applied in the judiciary, legislative and executive institutions, bureaucracy or the civil society, as well as the military and the police.
The LLB graduate degree covers core modules and specialisations that focus areas including:
ABOUT UPES SCHOOL OF LAW
The School of Law (SoL) is a constituent college of UPES. It brings to you highly integrated undergraduate programs that are aimed at creating legal and techno-legal professionals who specialize in Corporate and Energy Law, besides IPR and Cyber Law. All programs offered by the UPES School of Law (SoL) are approved by Bar Council of India. The integrated programs offered by SoL are the first of their kind in South Asia.
UPES School of Law and UK-based The University of Law (ULaw), one of the most reputed universities for legal studies globally, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that aims in providing opportunities to students such as –
- Scholarships for postgraduate programmes
- Faculty and student exchange
- Online modules
- Summer school programme
- Research collaboration
- Collaborative seminars, moot courts, conferences and student competitions
UPES is the only university in India who has got into the partnership with ULaw.
EXPERIENCE OUR BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS
- Sports International level playing fields
- Food Options Multi cuisine food options
- Library 200,000 Publications
- Advanced Labs With State-of-the-art facilities
- Medical Facility 24x7 team of doctors
- Transport Facility Safe and Secure buses
- Auditorium 3 world-class auditoriums
- Secured Campus Round-the-clock monitoring by guards and CCTV
LIFE AT SCHOOL OF LAW
B. Tech CSE (Hons.)
My journey from a shy, introvert and aloof person to an extrovert, gregarious and forthright Human...FULL STORY
B. Des. Transportation
A career offering opportunity to work for people in a very creative and innovative way...FULL STORY
MBA, Aviation Management
A career in aviation management offers opportunities to travel meet new people & gain new...FULL STORY
- Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (X & XII)
Eligibility criteria for LLB Admissions
All applicants are required to possess a basic qualification for LLB course, which is minimum 50% marks at Higher Secondary (class 10) and Senior Secondary (class 12) level.
How to Apply for LLB Degree in 2020
Admission Procedure for Enrolling in LLB Degree is described as under:
- Test date booking process is announced on www.upes.ac.in
- Admit card for LL.B Computer Based Test will be issued to students immediately after the successful completion of the test booking process.
- Students applying through offline mode should fill up the OMR form, also following the process of test date booking.
Please refer to www.upes.ac.in in for updated LLB course information on the increase or decrease in test days/dates/number of test cities. For the students who fail to choose the test date and city of their choice, UPES will allot the same as per the availability.
Entrance Test for LLB Courses
For getting an admission into our Law course, students need to appear for ULSAT (UPES Law School Admission Test), which is conducted by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies.
The admission test is conducted in a Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Computer-Based Test mode which continues for 2 hours. The total number of questions in this test are 150 spanned across 5 sections, each containing 30 points.
The question pattern is based on the following subjects:
- Language Comprehension
- Quantitative & Numerical Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Legal General Knowledge
- Legal Aptitude
Date of Test
Test Slot Booking
Last Date to Apply
|To be Announced||To be Announced||
To be Announced
MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
Admit Card for LL.B Computer Based Test -
1. Test date booking process to be announced on www.upes.ac.in
2. Admit card will be issued to students immediately after successfully completion of test booking process.
3. Student applying through offline mode through OMR form, also follow the process of test date booking to be announced.
1. University reserves the right to increase or decrease test days/dates/number of test cities. Please refer
www.upes.ac.in for updated information.
2. UPES will allot the test date and city as per the availability for the students who fail to choose the test date
and city of their choice.
Scheme of Test -
No. of Question
Quantitative & Numerical Ability
Legal General Knowledge
|Total No. of Question
Key recruiters in School of Law include :
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe
- AZB & Partners
- Fox & Mandal
- Jurisperitus Law Offices
- Selvam & Selvam
- ANM Global
- The Chambers of Law
- Legall Orbit
- Lakshmi Kumaran & Sridharan
- S.S. Rana & Co.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd
- Thomson Reuters
- Torrent Power
- Axis Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Arcil Premier ARC
- Gamesa Corp.
- CESC Ltd.
Specialisation at UPES comes bundled with global opportunities
- 50% fee waiver* for PG courses - tution fee waiver for postgraduate studies
- Study overseas* for free, for 4 weeks (pay only for travel & stay)
- Two Professional Courses* from AWS, IBM, Tableau.
* Terms & conditions apply
UP TO 50% MERIT BASED SCHOLARSHIPS
Eligibility Criteria: 75% marks in class X & XII
- 100% tuition fee waiver for rank 1-1000 in CLAT or 95.01+ %tile in LSAT
- 85% tuition fee waiver for rank 1001-2000 in CLAT or 90.01 to 95.00+ %tile in LSAT
- 75% tuition fee waiver for rank 2001-3000 in CLAT or 85.00 to 90.00+ %tile in LSAT
- 50% tuition fee waiver on 10% seats of each program in first Semester for CBSE, ICSE & State Board pass out students
- Uttarakhand State Board Toppers Scholarships in LL.B. Program
- Minimum 80% marks in each of X, XII class and PCM for B.Tech and 80% aggregate for BBA and Law in Class X & XII in UK State Board
- 150 toppers from UK State Board
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per program
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Resident students.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate)
- Students will be entitled only for 1 scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Toppers or through Uttarakhand Resident category)
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per merit scholarship policy of the University
25% of tuition fee waiver for Boys and 35% for Girl students in first year 3. Special Scholarship
|Clat Rank||Tuition Fee waive off||Total Seats|
|1-1000||100%||for first year||5|
|LSAT-Law %ile||Tuition Fee waive off||Total|
|95.01% +||100%||for first year||5|
|90.01% - 95%||85%||5|
|85% - 90%||75%||6|
Scholarships for LLB Students
Merit-Based Scholarship with 50% tuition fee waiver on 10% seats of each LLB course in the First Semester.
Eligibility Criteria: CBSE, ICSE & State board pass out students with 75% marks in class X & XII.
Special Scholarship provided for the first year of the program.
|CLAT Rank||Tuition Fee Waive Off||Total Seats|
|LSAT-Law %ile||Tuition Fee Waive Off||Total Seats|
Scholarships for Uttarakhand State Board Toppers:
- Eligibility criteria – Students with minimum 80% marks in each of X, XII class; PCM for B.Tech qualified applicants; 80% aggregate for BBA students and Law taught in Class X & XII for UK State Board candidates.
- 150 toppers studied in UK State Board with merit order allotment of 1 seat in each LLB course.
- The seats under this category will be reserved up to 15% for Uttarakhand Resident students.
- Students must have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate).
- Students will be entitled only for 1 scholarship award at a time (either based on Uttarakhand Board Toppers or through Uttarakhand Resident category).
Note: Scholarship offers in subsequent years will be according to the merit scholarship policy of the University.
- Access to free 3900+ global courses on Coursera
- Design Thinking powered by IBM
- AI and ML experience
What are the career opportunities available with an LLB Degree?
Students can find a plethora of openings after qualifying an LLB degree. One can start off with a pupillage or trainee job at legal centres or part-time jobs in court in the preferred area of specialisation. Also, students can explore the scope of vocations under the supervision of a specialist or an advocate, accessible in law firms. Earning such work experiences, right after graduation help in long run. Acquiring a Law degree from the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies is can be your beginning to a great career in the field of law.
Here are a few job positions that you can apply for with an LLB degree in hand:
- Legal Services Chief
- Court representative
- Public Prosecutor
- Legal Advisor
- Teacher or Lecturer
- Legal Manager
Bachelor of Legislative Law in 2021
Bachelor of Legislative Law is sure to hone your relational abilities, such as critical thinking, moral mindfulness and effective managerial aptitudes.
Bachelor of Legislative Law helps students get familiarized with historical encounters in addition to current understanding. With the excellent training, you get to increase your social comprehension and general aptitude, which in turn prepares you to land incredible job positions. Also, studying the international law framework gives you a chance to enhance your abilities in the legal dialect, as well as pick added knowledge of the laws enforced across the world.
UPES does not require any minimum cut off marks for appearing in the law entrance exam.
Students studying Law in UPES will have access to over 3800 global courses on Coursera, gain hands-on training in Design Thinking powered by IBM, along with AI and ML experience.
Yes, you are allowed to take the LLB entrance exam provisionally but should submit the proof of Secondary exam qualification at the time of counselling.
You get a partial tuition fee waiver for postgraduate studies, can study overseas for 4 weeks free (pay only for travel & stay) and the opportunity to choose from two professional courses by AWS, IBM, Tableau and Alibaba.com.
All candidates irrespective of the test qualified or mode of application have to appear for GD/PI as part of the final leg of the selection process.