B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering
The B.Tech. program in Mechanical Engineering with specializations in Advanced Manufacturing, Thermofluid Systems, and Defence Technology offered by UPES School of Advanced Engineering aims to produce industry-ready professionals equipped with the knowledge and skills in these specialized areas. The Advanced Manufacturing specialization focuses on providing students with in-depth knowledge of recent and advanced manufacturing processes. Through theoretical foundations, practical experience, and industry-focused R&D projects, students gain expertise in areas such as Advanced Manufacturing Processes, Mechatronics and Machine Controls, Industrial Robotics, and more. Graduates will be well-prepared to take on middle-level and senior-level executive positions in the core sector.
The Thermofluid Systems specialization offers an integrated study of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and combustion. Students learn numerical and computational methods alongside physical laboratories, enabling them to address challenges in various industries, including engine efficiency and HVAC systems. This specialization also exposes students to research opportunities, allowing them to contribute to the active field of thermofluids and its applications in energy generation and implementation.
The Defence Technology specialization covers courses like Warfare Simulations & Strategies, Defence Control & Navigation, and Rockets & Missiles Fundamentals. The objective is to provide students with fundamental knowledge of defence systems' control, navigation, and analytical approaches for missiles and rockets, all while exploring applications in warfare strategies.
- UPES School of Advanced Engineering offers B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with a choice of three specializations - Advanced Manufacturing, Thermofluid Systems, and Defence Technology - providing students the opportunity to focus on their areas of interest and expertise.
- The program boasts highly qualified faculty from prestigious institutions like IITs, NITs, NTU-Singapore, TU Delft-Netherlands, and University of Minnesota-USA, ensuring a top-notch learning experience.
- The curriculum promotes an interdisciplinary approach, fostering innovation, entrepreneurship, and scientific research among students, enabling them to tackle real-world engineering challenges effectively.
- The B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Advanced Manufacturing / Thermofluid Systems / Defence Technology program benefits from a dedicated Research Center equipped with state-of-the-art experimental and high-performance computational facilities, allowing students to engage in advanced research and stay updated with the latest industry trends.
- UPES maintains strong ties with leading industries, providing students with ample opportunities for internships, industry projects, and exposure to practical applications of mechanical engineering concepts.
- The program emphasizes academic excellence, ensuring that graduates are well-prepared for successful careers in mechanical engineering with their chosen specialization.
Future Scope / Industry Trends
The future scope of B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Advanced Manufacturing, Thermofluid Systems, or Defence Technology is highly promising. The field aligns with significant global trends in mechanical engineering, including advanced manufacturing, Industry 4.0, robotics and automation, and renewable energy. Engineers with expertise in these areas are in high demand, as they drive innovation, optimize production processes, and contribute to the development of cleaner and more sustainable energy systems. Mechanical engineers also play a vital role in designing and developing robotic systems, mechatronic devices, and defense technologies. The versatility of mechanical engineering allows professionals to contribute across various industries, making continuous learning and adaptability essential to excel in this dynamic field. With their skills and knowledge, mechanical engineers will remain at the forefront of technological innovation, addressing global challenges and propelling progress in a variety of industries.
Completing a B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Advanced Manufacturing, Thermofluid Systems, or Defence Technology from UPES School of Advanced Engineering opens up an array of promising career opportunities. Graduates in Advanced Manufacturing can pursue roles in cutting-edge industries like aerospace, automotive, and robotics, focusing on process optimization and innovative production techniques. Thermofluid Systems graduates can explore lucrative careers in energy, HVAC, and thermal management sectors, working on sustainable solutions and efficient designs. Those specializing in Defence Technology can find rewarding paths in defense research, defense manufacturing, and technology integration, contributing to the nation's security and technological advancements. With UPES's industry-oriented curriculum, graduates are well-equipped to thrive in a competitive job market and make a significant impact in their chosen fields.
The B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with specializations in Advanced Manufacturing, Thermofluid Systems, and Defence Technology program offered by UPES School of Advanced Engineering equips students with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the dynamic engineering industry. With a strong emphasis on practical training, cutting-edge technologies, and industry-oriented curriculum, graduates are well-prepared to meet the demands of the modern engineering sector. The university's strong industry connections and placement support ensure that students have access to excellent job opportunities upon completion of their degrees. Graduates from these programs have consistently secured promising placements in leading manufacturing, energy, aerospace, and defense companies, establishing a track record of success in their chosen fields.
Click here for detailed Fee Structure.
Interested students must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Advanced Manufacturing / Thermofluid Systems / Defence Technology as mentioned below: Minimum 50% marks in Classes X and XII. with 50% in PCM (Physics/Chemistry and Mathematics) in Class XII.
The selection criteria for students who wish to pursue B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in Advanced Manufacturing / Thermofluid Systems / Defence Technology at UPES School of Advanced Engineering rely on the individual's performance in UPESEAT / JEE / Board Merit / SAT/ CUET.
AI&ML, IoT, Blockchain, Data science, Bio-mimetics, Sustainability engineering, Climate change, Disaster management, Reclaim engineering, Astronomy & Astrophysics, Space Engineering, Statistics & probability, Economics.