ADMISSION OPEN FOR 2021
About MBA courses
UPES offers MBA courses in a wide range of domains ranging from energy management to International business. Depending on the specialisation, the course curriculums and the fee structure varies from course to course. All the courses have been designed with meticulous detail which has led UPES to achieve a ranking of 56 in the National Institutional Ranking Framework or NIRF of the MHRD in the management category.
The MBA course specialisations offered by UPES have been classified into four departments—Department of Economics and International Business, Department of Energy Management, Department of General Management and the Department of Transportation Management.
25% Scholarship for Girl Students
25% scholarship will be offered on tuition fees of complete program duration for all girl students taking admission in any of the UG or PG programs for 2020 intake.
Up to 100% merit based scholarships
Scholarship will be offered to students securing an aggregate of 80% marks in class X & XII & 80% marks in CBSE/ ICSE / State Examination Board.
E-Learning - Learning Never Stops
- 11000+ Students Attending Online Classes
- 150+ Masterclasses with Industry Experts till Date
- 2300+ Online Internships
- 85% of graduating students completed exams online
- 16 Years of experience in nurturing students into leaders
- 150 + specialized programs aimed at making specialists
- Unmatched global exposure with free 4-week study program in Berlin or Vancouver
- Free access to 3900+ global courses from top institutes with Coursera
- 95% MBA placement* record
- Industry alliances with IBM, Microsoft, Xebia, L&T, Tata Power, CISCO & more, offering placements and industry expertise
- Unique Alumni Offerings with placement support up to 5 years, funding and workspace support
- First Indian University to be awarded QS 5 Stars for Academic Development and also rated 5 Stars for Employability, Facilities and Program Strength
Modern workplaces and roles often require excellent management and organisational skills in addition to subject expertise and knowledge. Students need to be well-versed in the fundamentals of business and market operations as well as strategy formulation and decision making.
A master’s degree in business administration can enable students to familiarise themselves with the works of a business setting. The degree can act as a great career launcher for those with different academic backgrounds seeking a firm standing in the business industry.
Being the first Indian University to be awarded the QS Five Stars Global Rating for employability in 2016, the UPES School of Business can be the right destination for your post-graduation degree in management and business administration. Read ahead to learn more about the MBA admission criteria and process at UPES.
WHY STUDY MBA AT UPES
510+Students placed last year*
95%School of Business Placements last year*
150+Recruiters last year*
Here is the consolidated MBA courses list offered by the UPES School of Business.
MBA Energy Trading
MBA Agri Business Management
MBA (Family Business and Entrepreneurship)
MBA (Digital Business)
MBA Healthcare Management
Events, PR & Corporate Communications
MBA (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance)
MBA in Urban Infrastructure and Smart Cities
MBA in Port and Shipping Management
MBA in Information System Management
MBA in Agri-Business Management
MBA with specialisation in Human Recourses/ Marketing Management/ Finance Management/ Operations Management
It is also worthy to note that two of the MBA courses—MBA Oil and Gas Management and MBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management—have received special accreditation from the International Accreditation Council for Business Education or IACBE, USA.
UPES ranks 66th in NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) of MHRD in the Management Category
UPES ranks among Top 15 MBA Institutions in North India and No. 1 Private Institute in Uttarakhand by Outlook-ICARE India
EXPERIENCE OUR BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS
- Sports International level playing fields
- Food Options Multi cuisine food options
- Library 200,000 Publications
- Advanced Labs With State-of-the-art facilities
- Medical Facility 24x7 team of doctors
- Transport Facility Safe and Secure buses
- Auditorium 3 world-class auditoriums
- Secured Campus Round-the-clock monitoring by guards and CCTV
LIFE AT UPES
Academic qualification: Minimum 50% in class Xth , XIIth and Graduation.
1. Non Examination Pathway – CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/NMAT/GMAT followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- MAT/CMAT 2020 score of 75 percentile and above
- CAT/XAT 2019 score of 70 percentile and above
- GMAT Score of 550 and above
NMAT Score - Minimum required score is 140
2. Examination Pathway – UPES Management Entrance Test followed by Group discussion and personal interview
UPESMET will be a completely online test which you can take from any location that suits your convenience. All you need is a computer with a stable internet connection. It is proctored centrally and gives you the advantage
of taking the test from any location in a time slot of your preference
UPES-MET Test Scheme
|Section||Details||Number of Questions|
|Section 1||General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||35|
|Section 2||Quantitative: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||35|
|Section 3||General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||35|
|Section 4||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||35|
3. There are two sets of eligibility criteria for getting an admission into an MBA programme at UPES. The general MBA eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Applicants should get a minimum aggregate of 50% in classes X, XII and undergraduate degree.
- Applicants should possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
- If applicants are opting for the non-examination pathway, they should have one of the following management entrance test scores.
- MAT/CMAT score of 75 percentile and above
- CAT/XAT score of 70 percentile and above
- GMAT score of 550 and above
- A minimum NMAT score of 140
- If applicants are opting for the examination pathway, they need to bring the qualifying marks in the UPES Management Entrance Test.
- Applicants have to appear for the mandatory group discussion and personal interviews as well.
4. Apart from the general eligibility criteria, applicants also need to fulfil the subject criteria for specific MBA programmes. The subject wise criteria is as follows:
- MBA Energy Trading: Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in Commerce/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ CA/ ICWA/ Engineering/ Physics/ Chemistry
- MBA Power Management: Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in either Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics or an undergraduate B.Tech degree in power management.
- MBA Human Resources/ Marketing Management/ Finance Management/ Operations Management: Applicants should have a mandatory subject on Computers in their undergraduate degree.
- MBA Oil and Gas Management: : Applicants should have an undergraduate degree in either Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics or an undergraduate B.Tech degree.
- MBA Digital Business: : Applicants should have a mandatory subject on Computers in their undergraduate degree.
- MBA Family business and Entrepreneurship: : Applicants need an undergraduate degree in agriculture or any science subject. They also need a mandatory subject on Computers in their undergraduate degree.
Admission Procedure for Enrolling in MBA in 2020
UPES has simplified the admission process for its MBA admissions so that the courses can be accessible to students from all social and economic backgrounds. Students aspiring to take admission in an MBA course have to fill up and online application form consisting of their personal details and academic histories. Based on the pathway chosen, they either have to attach their external management entrance scores or appear for the UPESMET.
Post the results of the UPESMET, all selected students are invited to appear for the group discussion and personal interview rounds. The candidates qualifying these rounds secure their MBA admissions at UPES and can start their classes as per the academic calendar.
The MBA course fees have been classified into two main categories—the first category consists of the tuition fee and the academic service fees. The second category consists of other miscellaneous costs such as personal development fee or convocation fee.
The first category varies from course to course depending on the specialisation. The second category is uniform for all MBA students. Here are different fixed miscellaneous costs in addition to tuition and academic service fees.
- Training and certification fee of Rs 22,500 payable by second semester
- Personal Development Program fee of Rs 7,500 payable at registration
- Refundable security amount of Rs 20,000 payable at registration
- Convocation fee of Rs 1,500 payable by the second last semester
- Academic computing fee of Rs 3,200 per semester
- Medical Insurance fee of Rs 500 payable at registration
- Additional levies and taxes charged by the Central/ State/ Local /Overseas authorities as and when applicable
Scholarships for MBA students
UPES has ensured a robust scholarship program to motivate meritorious students and ensure the admission of students irrespective of their economic backgrounds. 10% of the seats in each MBA program are reserved for scholarship students with a 25% tuition fee waiver in the first semester.
In addition, the university also offers tuition fee waivers for the first semester for students getting admission with excellent national level test scores. Here are the details of the fee waivers.
|CAT score in percentile||Tuition fee waived off||Duration||Number of seats|
To qualify for a scholarship, students must achieve a minimum of 80 percentile in CAT/XAT or a minimum of 90 percentile in MAT, NMAT, and UPESMET.
Entrance Test UPESMET
UPESMET Test Date
|Name of the Program||UPESMET-July TEST DATES||Last date to apply for UPESMET|
|MBA (All Streams)||To Be Announced||To Be Announced|
UPES reserves the right to conduct further online /paper pencil mode of exams for admission to various MBA programs in addition to the date already announced.
UPESMET Scheme of Test
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||35|
|Quantitative: Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||35|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||35|
|Total No. of Questions||140|
Specialisation at UPES comes bundled with global opportunities
- Free 4-week study abroad programme in Berlin and Vancouver (pay only for travel and stay).
- 50% scholarship for international PG programmes at academic partner institutes in UK, Europe, USA and Canada.
- Two Professional Courses* from AWS, IBM, Tableau.
*Terms & Conditions Apply
What are the career opportunities with an MBA degree?
Depending on the domain of the MBA course specialisation, pursuing your MBA at UPES can open up many employment opportunities in your preferred domain. UPES has a good track record of placement assistance with around 97% placement success last year. The University attracts many high-profile employers like Novartis, Bosch, Infosys, IBM, L&T, and Nestle.
Depending on your professional interests and aspirations, you can opt for any administrative or managerial role in your preferred domain. Here is a short list of some common roles available to you as a UPES management graduate.
- Senior Process Manager
- Operations Manager
- Chief Executive Officer
- Financial Manager
- Administrative Consultant
- Business Consultant
- Management Analyst
- Human Resources Manager
Who is the MBA Course for?
The courses offered at UPES are perfect for all the management aspirants in India who wish to establish a successful business career in different domains. The specially customised courses are also suitable for those who wish to pursue their management careers abroad.
You can benefit from an MBA at UPES if you want to be established as a thought leader in your chosen domain and keep yourself informed of all the contemporary subject knowledge and business practices. Pursuing an MBA at this university can also help you inculcate essential human values that will help you promote a sense of collaboration and innovation at your workplace.
Entrance Test for MBA Courses?
Although UPES does accept national level management exam scores such as CAT, XAT, and GMAT, it also conducts its own entrance test called the UPES Management Entrance Test or UPESMET. The exam is conducted for all streams of MBA and UPES reserves the right to change the format of the test from online to paper-pencil modes.
The test has a total of 140 questions divided into 4 sections of 35 questions each. Here are the 4 sections of UPESMET:
- General English: Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning and verbal ability
- Quantitative: Data interpretation and data sufficiency
- General Awareness: General knowledge, current affairs and business scenarios
- Analytical and logical reasoning
Reasons to study Master of Business Administration in 2021
As modern workplaces continue to become more complex and interconnected, it can be advantageous for you to acquire additional management skills and administrative expertise that can enhance your career prospects. Pursuing a Master of Business Administration from UPES in Uttarakhand in 2021 can help you develop all the relevant industrial and transferable skills required for a successful career.
In addition, UPES has been ranked among the top 15 MBA institutions in North India and the top 3 private MBA colleges in Uttarakhand. The prestigious university located in the serene surroundings of picturesque Dehradun, is the location for many extracurricular activities and events that contribute to your personality development.
The university has a world class academic infrastructure and highly trained faculty who can provide relevant subject expertise with the help of domain specific industry aligned curriculums. The institute also provides a host of internship opportunities in association with leading employers for wider career prospects.
Yes. You can apply for an MBA at UPES as per the university eligibility criteria as long as your undergraduate degree is from a recognised university
UPES offers 15 different MBA branches which are classified into four management departments.
UPES University accepts scores from all the major national level management exams such as CAT or GMAT. It conducts its own entrance management exam or the UPESMET for students who did not appear for any national level management test.
The UPESMET has a total of 140 questions divided into four sections such as general awareness and English comprehension that comprise of 35 questions each.