The procedure to apply for admission in M.Tech course is carried out through both offline and online means:
The application form for UPES M.tech can be filled through online mode easily. Students can obtain the form from the official website of the institute. They will be required to pay the fees, give their signature and upload a passport size coloured photograph along with the application form. A detailed step by step process is given below:
- Registration- The first step of the procedure is registration by providing basic details which includes name, mobile number and email address. Students also have to mention the date course for which they are applying. This will generate a registration number and password. Using these credentials they can fill the application form.
- Application Form Filing- Students will be required to fill the application form with necessary details such as communication address, educational qualification, parent details, course for which they are applying along with other relevant information.
- Scanned picture and photograph- While applying online, students will have to upload scanned images of their signature and a coloured passport size photograph. Both the images should match specified dimension.
- Payment of fees- Application fees has to be paid through online mode using credit/debit card or net banking. It is advisable to keep a print copy of the same for future reference.
- Submission of form- The application form of UPES M.Tech admission gets submitted after fee payment and students can keep a copy of it till the completion of admission process.
There is also an offline procedure to fill the application form of UPES M.Tech where students can directly purchase the application form from the city offices of UPES or the institute campus in Dehradun. Students need to fill this form using blue/black ballpoint pen and send a Demand Draft (DD) of of Rs. 1850/- in favor of “UPES Fee Account” payable at New Delhi/Dehradun with it.
UPES M.Tech Selection Process
You can get admission in UPES M.Tech through various means including MEET, GATE, and marks obtained in qualifying exams.
- Students who have obtained the required GATE score have to appear for a personal interview and are allotted seats on basis of performance in the interview.
- An M.Tech Engineering Entrance Exam (MEET) is conducted by UPES to select students for M.Tech courses. Those who clear the entrance exam are further called for counselling and admission process.
- Students can also get admission in Masters of Technology on the basis of marks that they obtain in their qualifying exam. A merit list is released by the institute, based on which selection happens.
Entrance Test for M. Tech Courses
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is also known as GATE is an important part of the M.Tech admission process. The national level engineering exam takes place every year and students can take part in it for admission at postgraduate and doctorate level courses. You can also enrol into a government or private institution to pursue M. Tech courses as the GATE score is accepted pan India. The GATE scores are applicable for a span of three years from the date of the release.
The UPES also has its own entrance exam to source eligible candidates for Master of technology. It is called the M.Tech Engineering Entrance Exam (MEET). The exam is conducted for three phases and is 1 hour long. The pattern detail for MEET is given below:
||Number of Questions